IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-11, 10:52 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rash
Nice car, love the shift ****.
Thx. I love it too

Originally Posted by jbjones85
Car is looking great. Really like that flat bottom wheel.
It def is a mod I that i didn't expect to get when I got this car, but I def like it alot.

Originally Posted by melbitoast
bro, where in Texas are you? I'd love to see your ride in person!! I'm in the Austin area.
Unfortunately I am stationed in San Angelo. Have you even heard of it?Alot of people haven't lol. It's West Texas about an hr or so south of Abilene. I wish I was in the Austin area. If I ever head out to that side of Texas I'll let you know boss.

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
Wow that wheel is sickkk. I never thought itd be worth it for me to get a wheel because I really like my blue bottomed stock wheel.. This blows it out of the water, I want one!
I did research after I got my F and I got pissed that Lexus changed the wheel and it looked alot better than the 08. I can't lie I love this wheel so far, the look of the White CF and the flat bottom part giving it a "sportier" look to the interior. I say go for one! That is one thing I do miss that this wheel doesn't have is the little F badge on the bottom of the wheel.

If I was really a baller I would get the wheel below. By far the sickest wheel I've ever seen.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2957

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
I really like the front of your car with the BP emblems and grill and blue lighting.
. Thx boss. I want some deeper blue headlights...but these will do I guess.

Also, I got some lighted blue door sills sitting waiting to be installed. I have found a couple of threads about installing these so I will see if I can see which thread makes it seem the easiest to help me out on the install these sometime when I get some time.
Old 12-30-11, 12:13 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Vossens look perfect on the "F"
Old 12-30-11, 08:28 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Vossens look perfect on the "F"
I concur!
Old 03-25-12, 12:20 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

**Update**

List of newly installed parts.

2011 LED lights
Seibon CF Hood and Trunk w/spoiler
OEM IS-F Tails Blacked Out (Paint)
Lexus blue door illuminated door sills
OEM thing Ebay roof spoiler
Aerotect blacked out rear bumper reflector overlays

After 3 weeks of off and on rain and not washing my car, I finally got to wash my car this weekend. My wife took some of these pics, neither one of us are good photographers by any means but enjoy the pics.

Old 03-25-12, 12:30 PM
Boostd
Driver

Sick machine Nate!!! Love those Vossens! Well Done.
Old 03-25-12, 01:01 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

car looks eFFFFing sweeet!
Old 03-25-12, 02:39 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Great pictures! Car looks fantastic!
Old 03-25-12, 03:53 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice.. looking sick..
Old 03-25-12, 07:20 PM
Legato
Driver

Nate; Loving ur car so much I´m considering getting CV3s as well (even though they cost a whole lot more here in Sweden...)

Really bad knowledge about wheels so help me out here You are having 235/30 and 275/30 respectively right? What about offset? Finally, please confirm that you don´t need to do anything else, just bolt them on? They look so good on your car, and I totally agree, no lowering needed!

Last edited by Legato; 03-25-12 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-25-12, 09:06 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

neither one of us are good photographers
I disagree - all of these photos are very artistic. I'm lovin' the various backgrounds.
Old 03-26-12, 12:08 AM
SSTHO
Rookie

Great wheel and car combination! Sexy!
Old 03-26-12, 07:08 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

looking sick Nate, all you need is a drop and a kit to complete it. i just order a set of vossens, will have to roll the fenders soon.
Old 03-26-12, 08:21 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boostd
Sick machine Nate!!! Love those Vossens! Well Done.
Thanks!! I love my Vossens as well. I am glad I decided to go that route for rims

Originally Posted by ILowNslowI
car looks eFFFFing sweeet!
lol Thanks boss!

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
Great pictures! Car looks fantastic!
Thank you, I appreciate it

Originally Posted by obby
nice.. looking sick..
Originally Posted by Legato
Nate; Loving ur car so much I´m considering getting CV3s as well (even though they cost a whole lot more here in Sweden...)

Really bad knowledge about wheels so help me out here You are having 235/30 and 275/30 respectively right? What about offset? Finally, please confirm that you don´t need to do anything else, just bolt them on? They look so good on your car, and I totally agree, no lowering needed!
Yes I currently have 235/30 and 275/30. Offsets are +38 fronts and +45 rears. To bolt them on you need nothing as far as spacers or hub rungs. I am going to run a 245/30 front and 285/30 rear once these tires wear out and I get the rear fenders rolled. A 285 will rub if your fenders are not rolled. My 275's rub only a little now on dips or passengers in the backseat. No fender mod needed to run a 245/30 on the fronts though.

Hopefully I answered your questions.

Originally Posted by DekNgo
I disagree - all of these photos are very artistic. I'm lovin' the various backgrounds.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. The wife and I were just driving around to find some "different" locations for pictures in our little rinky-dunk town and I am surprised the pictures came out as good as they did lol.

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Great wheel and car combination! Sexy!
Originally Posted by Evil Teo
looking sick Nate, all you need is a drop and a kit to complete it. i just order a set of vossens, will have to roll the fenders soon.
Thanks! Awesome that you just got some Vossen's! Did you go matte graphite as well? You figured out what tires sizes you are going to go with? I need my fenders rolled BAD.

I want to get a nice stance but I really want a cup kit/bags(alot of money though). Until I make up my mind if I want to try and save for cup kit/bags or go with KW coilovers, I will be stock height for a long time lol.

I am loving the rear diffuser on that new Arkym kit or I will go with Ventross rear. I like the Toms or Lexon for the front lip. We'll see when i can get those pieces, I have been spending alot of money on the F lately and the wife is none too happy about it lol.
Old 03-26-12, 09:18 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NATE, wow the car looks incredible. Thanks for the updates.

Originally Posted by Evil Teo

Old 03-26-12, 01:35 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes I am getting Matte Graphite. It flows with the color better IMO. I was thinking of getting what was recommended. 245/30/20 in the front and 285/25/20 for the rear. What brand tires did you go with? How bad are your tires and fender right now? I think you should just go Arkym front and rear because its new and not many people have it. lol that is what my wife keeps on telling me...LOL
Originally Posted by Nate008
Thanks! Awesome that you just got some Vossen's! Did you go matte graphite as well? You figured out what tires sizes you are going to go with? I need my fenders rolled BAD.

I want to get a nice stance but I really want a cup kit/bags(alot of money though). Until I make up my mind if I want to try and save for cup kit/bags or go with KW coilovers, I will be stock height for a long time lol.

I am loving the rear diffuser on that new Arkym kit or I will go with Ventross rear. I like the Toms or Lexon for the front lip. We'll see when i can get those pieces, I have been spending alot of money on the F lately and the wife is none too happy about it lol.

Quick Reply: Nates IS-F (Vossen CV3's, Think Design, etc.)