ISF build quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 04:58 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 16n69
All cars have issues.
However, BMW's have a road > driver connection...no Lexus will ever match.
M3 is a driver's car. The one all others chase & try to imitate. (sports coupe/sedan niche)
You know what they say about imitation...
The F feels numb by comparison.
Sorry, but true!
I have 3 buddies who I go to track with and when I was ready to get a new car after my subbie was over I went to test drive M3 , C63 etc,... Long story short I was constantly reminded by them on the mount of money spent on fixing their cars. When I weighed the pros and the cons there was no way I was getting a M3 by paying my hard earned money.

I have driven the M on the track as well and the F is comparable. If u watch the top gear where they are all about the C and the M. Don't know who u are but looks like you don't talk with facts in place but just lots of wind.
Old 10-03-11, 07:37 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 16n69
ONLY a F fanboy and anti-car enthusiast could possibly say the legendary BMW M3 ...the car the Lexus, AMG, Audi's and others ALL were inspired by and aspire to be!...."SUCKS"

I NEVER said the IS-F sucked...it doesn't but it is NO M3...yet, even the 2011.
Feels soft, steering no where as communicative nor has that magical weight & feel of a BMW, and the M3 has a real long power band and torque curve that is just magical.
The F does not, and it DOES NOT HAVE A 6MT , and even an IS-250 has a manual gearbox...???
Go figure. Lexus does not understand what a performance vehicle should be and how it should be optioned.
Not yet, maybe in 5 or 10 yrs. it may catch up to BMW M divisions knowledge & passion.
What a troll, your arguments hold no value, and nor do you get into specifics, just general claims that make no sense. So you're saying Lexus, Mercedes, and Audi all copied BMW? In what way? Do you have any proof? Probably not, because you're full of hot air.

FYI, paddle-shifting in Sport mode in the F is WAY FASTER than 6MT. I beat a e92 M3 because of this. I'm not a F fanboy. There are reasons why I chose the F over an M3, C63 AMG, and Audi S5.... I don't even have to tell you why, the others above have already said it.

I'll leave you with this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rac...vs-my-isf.html
Old 10-03-11, 08:31 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
What a troll, your arguments hold no value, and nor do you get into specifics, just general claims that make no sense. So you're saying Lexus, Mercedes, and Audi all copied BMW? In what way? Do you have any proof? Probably not, because you're full of hot air.

FYI, paddle-shifting in Sport mode in the F is WAY FASTER than 6MT. I beat a e92 M3 because of this. I'm not a F fanboy. There are reasons why I chose the F over an M3, C63 AMG, and Audi S5.... I don't even have to tell you why, the others above have already said it.

I'll leave you with this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rac...vs-my-isf.html
Originally Posted by dinardalvi
I have 3 buddies who I go to track with and when I was ready to get a new car after my subbie was over I went to test drive M3 , C63 etc,... Long story short I was constantly reminded by them on the mount of money spent on fixing their cars. When I weighed the pros and the cons there was no way I was getting a M3 by paying my hard earned money.

I have driven the M on the track as well and the F is comparable. If u watch the top gear where they are all about the C and the M. Don't know who u are but looks like you don't talk with facts in place but just lots of wind.
Originally Posted by ming15237
Really bro? Really? You are so played out in these forums! We all know you are an m3 troll! Every single one of us!! Here is what u will say next, "BMW has been the bench mark for 30 years and Lexus is playing catch up" news flash Troll/BMW fanboy, Lexus caught and passed the vaunted m3 in just 4 Years! Look up the lap times don't just take my word for it!! Oh never mind facts don't concern a troll! Since we are all being honest here, isn't it your turn...? We all know you have never driven an F, nor will you ever own the "inferior" car, nor have you EVER taken one onto the track and pushed it too the limits. Those of us whom have will tell you that the vehicle is quite at home there. I see no reason to continue this back and forth with you as your intentions and motivations seem rather obvious.
Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Yea its a drivers car the half of the time its on the road. The other half it spends broken at the dealership. Sounds like you watch too much Top Gear. You don't list any facts. Just an M3 fanboy.
QED

I'm an F fanboy cuz I have an M daily driver... riiiight.
Old 10-13-11, 06:45 PM
16n69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by ming15237
Really bro? Really? You are so played out in these forums! We all know you are an m3 troll! Every single one of us!! Here is what u will say next, "BMW has been the bench mark for 30 years and Lexus is playing catch up" news flash Troll/BMW fanboy, Lexus caught and passed the vaunted m3 in just 4 Years! Look up the lap times don't just take my word for it!! Oh never mind facts don't concern a troll! Since we are all being honest here, isn't it your turn...? We all know you have never driven an F, nor will you ever own the "inferior" car, nor have you EVER taken one onto the track and pushed it too the limits. Those of us whom have will tell you that the vehicle is quite at home there. I see no reason to continue this back and forth with you as your intentions and motivations seem rather obvious.
Originally Posted by stratman
Dear 16n69, Don't ever say "ever" because the IS F is faster in a straight line than the M3, and though the M3 beat it through the corners, that stopped with the 2011 model with its LS and modified suspension. When I test drove the M3 I thought it was nice but felt rather weak until the rpms were over 5k. Then it went very well. I didn't get a chance to really test it on the twisties though. When I drove the IS F it had more torque down low and just felt better to me. Plus, how many are really going to put their M3 or IS F to the limits of their abilities? This "feels numb by comparison" didn't manifest itself for me. I drive a two lane road five days a week and the IS F is great. Plus even with spirited driving I still get an average of 22mpg. As a plus, it sounds better than the M3 in my opinion. Lexus will keep improving the performance of the IS F every model year. I feel that both are amazing vehicles but the IS F just did more for me than the M3 did. By the way, have you driven an IS F or are you basing your opinions on what other have written?
Dear stratman; Yes, I have had 2 test drives in the F, last one pretty lengthy...and much better in the 2011. No, am not basing on opinions of others. Took it for a spirited drive on the Red Rock canyon one way loop here in Vegas. Did the same in the M3. The M3 was just a bit more planted & focused in the turns and felt more connected, better feedback from the road and especially the steering. It is what BMW's & M's have been known for. I wish the Lexus was as good...really do, as I like the way it looks and the interior too. But it just isn't there yet....close, but no.
I have a few friends and family members that have had 3 generations of "M" cars with stellar reliability, these cars a built much better than regular BMW's and use better parts... ( and am hearing form some Lexus owners, that the IS-F does NOT live up to Toyota reliability...?)

And ming "bro"...you are the close minded "fanboy" that cannot even give it to this legendary car and division of BMW that, YES has inspired Lexus and others to "chase" it...EVEN the developer of the "F" admits as much. Have had personal communication with him, thru my family contacts in the biz...so sorry, I am speaking from objectivity and am NOT just a BMW "fanboy"
The folks at the other car forums (yes, BMW, but Porsche,, Ford Shelby and Corvette too...) are correct...THE ONLY PLACE ANYONE WILL SAY AN IS-F IS A BETTER CAR...MORE FOCUSED & REFINED DRIVERS CAR, IS ON A LEXUS FORUM!!!
At the end of the day, the IS-F is just a re-baged Toyota...and the M3 is a legend, refined & tweaked for decades setting the standards for all performance coupes & sedans.

Last edited by 16n69; 10-13-11 at 06:48 PM.