IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Passenger headlight brighter than Driver side

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-11, 08:30 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Passenger headlight brighter than Driver side

People have told me and I've noticed on my own that my passenger side headlight is brighter than the driver side.

Another thing I want to mention is that the car still has the 'pulling to the right' issue as many other F's of my year have had. Could this be a cause of my brighter passenger headlight, since my car is equipped with AFS... or could it be something else?
Old 09-30-11, 09:29 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

The head light thing is likely to be totally unrelated to the pulling.
The head light is probably just the way the beams are aimed. they are supposed to be pointed lower on the drivers side in order to not blind on coming traffic. The passenger side is aimed higher to illuminate the side of the road. In markets with right hand drive cars the light set up is the opposite.

The pulling is well documented on this forum for 2008 cars. It was a problem on my car as well. It is an issue with the front subframe not being centered on the chassis. Once it is nudged over a few millimeters to the front alignment is equal for camber and caster on both sides the pull goes away. It took my car 6 trips to the dealer to get it right, however now the problem is permanently solved. Be persistent.

Andy
Old 09-30-11, 09:57 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

+1. HIDs are made to be that way. Otherwise the people heading the opposite direction as yourself would looking right into the sun. Made that way. And you can adjust them ALL DAY long, and you'll eventually hit the blinders inside the house and actually start losing light.
Old 09-30-11, 10:46 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
The head light thing is likely to be totally unrelated to the pulling.
The head light is probably just the way the beams are aimed. they are supposed to be pointed lower on the drivers side in order to not blind on coming traffic. The passenger side is aimed higher to illuminate the side of the road. In markets with right hand drive cars the light set up is the opposite.

The pulling is well documented on this forum for 2008 cars. It was a problem on my car as well. It is an issue with the front subframe not being centered on the chassis. Once it is nudged over a few millimeters to the front alignment is equal for camber and caster on both sides the pull goes away. It took my car 6 trips to the dealer to get it right, however now the problem is permanently solved. Be persistent.

Andy
The headlight thing makes sense, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bulb issue.
Old 09-30-11, 11:26 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Mine were aimed way off from the factory....

Simply thing to do is lower it, o match each other...

When looking at the front of the car, one side should not glare before or after the other, when you verify with your own eyes..
(That's my opinion, but then again I'm lowered too..)

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-30-11 at 11:30 AM.