IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F Logo Piss me off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-11, 12:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

That's it..!!

I just ordered a pair of Pony badges to pay homage to my old Mustang....

~ Joe Z
Old 01-28-12, 02:48 PM
yoegster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F-Sport badges are IS-F Badges - that is why Lexus used F-Sport. No difference then Audi's "S-Line".
Old 01-28-12, 03:19 PM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CrzKush
LOL This thread gives me another reason why i removed my F logo awhile back. Nice and clean. Eventually they're gonna put F logo on most Lexus. The new GS will be called Lexus GS-F
looks like mine(except mines black)...no need to advertise for Lexus, if you cant tell what it is then you dont need to know!
Old 01-29-12, 08:04 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

This reminds me of the Nissan Skyline R32/33/34 line. The GTS-t model is similar looking to the GT-R and a good number of GTS-t owners made theirs to look like a GT-R.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a GTS-t owner dressing up their car and at the end of the day, one is still not the other and you and I both know it.
Old 01-29-12, 09:16 AM
mcauley
Pit Crew

I think Lexus needed to do a f sport rang I have a isF my mum has a f sport still miles apart. It's just like all the top brands they have to have a sport range
Old 01-29-12, 09:41 AM
SUPERBRINO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nyquil
Thanks for the morning laugh.

I came to this forum because I'm considering trading in my IS350 for an IS-F. And yes, my 350 is an F-Sport with the badge.

I can say this, the 350 is a very fun car, and more than enough car to get in plenty of trouble on the freeway here in Cali. Furthermore, it's a pretty nice car. Nicer than many of the **** boxes on the road, and certainly not nearly as nice as others.

Those who truly give a **** about a particular badge on their car might take a longer look in the mirror. It's not a free pus$y license. It's a piece of metal.

Then again, the people who get the ladies and have the coin are usually driving the understated rides and wearing Doc Martens.

Be happy with your IS-F, and be happy for those with the 250/350 F-Sports. We're happy for you and we're all having fun.

Well, maybe the 250's aren't having as MUCH fun.
Although I'm not looking to trde my car in since I absolutely love it, I agree with everything you're saying. In no way shape or form am I trying to be an ISF, I purposely bought my 350 cuz the 250 is just not enough for me and I knew the ISF would put me back in trouble where I do NOT want to be... It's quick enough for me, got like every option available and I am proud to whip around in my ride...Ran into a couple ISF's on the road and they gave me the "THUMBS UP" so I guess they're ok with my bagdes ...

I look at the ISF as like my big bro, that ok with you???
Old 01-29-12, 11:58 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol .... Didn't know a simple badge could **** people off so much.

Kinda sad some F owners feel threatened by a F-Sport model lol...

Also... It sounds like the OP bought the car for the badge, and not for what's under the hood. Shoot, if I had an F I'd debadge it on day 1!!!
Old 01-29-12, 01:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Hopefully the next gen IS-F badge will begin to stand alone again...

Similiar to the LFA.. Embossed into the fender..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-29-12 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-29-12, 02:01 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERBRINO
Although I'm not looking to trde my car in since I absolutely love it, I agree with everything you're saying. In no way shape or form am I trying to be an ISF, I purposely bought my 350 cuz the 250 is just not enough for me and I knew the ISF would put me back in trouble where I do NOT want to be... It's quick enough for me, got like every option available and I am proud to whip around in my ride...Ran into a couple ISF's on the road and they gave me the "THUMBS UP" so I guess they're ok with my bagdes ...

I look at the ISF as like my big bro, that ok with you???
Absolutely no problems here. Congrats for having a ride you are proud of and people appreciate.
Old 01-29-12, 02:53 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by js619858
I just bought a 2008 Lexus ISF and received it when I went home for vacation from overseas in Sept. Lexus of Germain in Columbus, OH stuck with me for a little over 2 months selling me the car and shipped it to me in San Diego, CA (process took long because I was overseas). I receive the car and love it! I never got more compliments in my life and the car looks 100 times better in person!

The thing that I hate is how the F logo is on the IS350 and now the CT 200h F Sport Special Edition. I mean I'm not hating on those cars but they are nothing compare to the ISF! I know the logo is not exactley the same but enough for others to think those cars are on par with the F. I mean your not going to see the M or AMG logo on lower end cars! The F badge should only be on the LFA and ISF until the new GSF, etc comes out.

Tell me your opinion on the F logo?
I saw a 525 with a M logo, a regular ciciv with a SI logo, Logo's don't mean anything. When I had a STI first thing i did was to debadge it. Was I upset when people in WRX put the STI trunks on their cars for the wing, hell no.

Actually I was very pissed when a guy visiting my neighbor asked me if my ISF was a M3. I was speechless for a while and was going to ask him is he blind? But then his wife told me that he thinks he understands cars but he has no idea.

Last edited by dinardalvi; 01-29-12 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-30-12, 06:15 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Those car enthusiasts in the know can distinguish Fsport from "F".

As someone said, it is all good for the brand. Enjoy your jet fighter.

2012 ISF Obsidian
Rural PA
Old 01-31-12, 08:09 AM
telkayam
Driver School Candidate

its just a marketing pitch for the brand..honestly.

I really don't see why this such a controversial topic...an f is an f and an isx50 is an isx50

people can tell the difference between my 250 f sport and my father's is f

people who cant dont know two ****s about cars and shouldnt try to race me in their c63's that they bought with a loan from their daddy.

From experience, car enthusiasts or generally people who know a little about cars will be able to tell the difference between the two.

unless its one of those idiots that does a full f conversion on their isx50. if so, bash all you want.
Old 02-01-12, 10:58 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by js619858
the F logo is on the IS350
Interestingly enough, I got a call this morning from a friend of mine, and while talking, they claimed they "spotted an IS F, though it didn't look like a normal one" (which is funny, in itself, considering some of the F's radical designs). Assuming it was modified, I asked what it looked like, and after hearing about the brakes and wheels, it dawned on me that she was referring to an F-Sport IS...I then thought of this thread and had to laugh.

So I guess it can be confusing to casual people who identify all cars by their badges, but in the end, it doesn't matter. After driving and seeing a few of the F-Sport IS cars, I like them, and it certainly has no bearing on what I drive.