IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

F Logo Piss me off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-11, 09:52 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Logo **** me off!

I just bought a 2008 Lexus ISF and received it when I went home for vacation from overseas in Sept. Lexus of Germain in Columbus, OH stuck with me for a little over 2 months selling me the car and shipped it to me in San Diego, CA (process took long because I was overseas). I receive the car and love it! I never got more compliments in my life and the car looks 100 times better in person!

The thing that I hate is how the F logo is on the IS350 and now the CT 200h F Sport Special Edition. I mean I'm not hating on those cars but they are nothing compare to the ISF! I know the logo is not exactley the same but enough for others to think those cars are on par with the F. I mean your not going to see the M or AMG logo on lower end cars! The F badge should only be on the LFA and ISF until the new GSF, etc comes out.

Tell me your opinion on the F logo?
Old 10-05-11, 11:12 PM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

you drive a ISF
i think that alone is a good reason for not hating on the badge
Old 10-05-11, 11:32 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Default F logo

I feel your pain. I have a USB '08 ISF. I don't think it's right for every IS250 to be sporting the "F" badge either. On the other hand, I was in Alhambra a couple of weeks ago, and right next to me was a beautiful IS350 sporting all of the "F Sport" stuff: wheels, suspension, exhaust, big brakes. His car looked really nice, and I'm sure he takes just as much pride in his 350 as we do in our ISFs. So, if some clueless dork goes to Longo Lexus and buys an IS250 "F sport" and has no idea what the "F" is all about, I'm with you. On the other hand, if someone buys one of the "F Sport" IS250's and is a true enthusiast, more power to them! It's all good.
Old 10-05-11, 11:33 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like my mom always says.. "Us family need to stick together." Is just a logo, relax! but I know what you mean tho and I have to agree with you lol They should of left the F off the 2IS but oh well!
Old 10-06-11, 12:37 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I also know what you mean. Everytime I look at an IS with an F badge, I do a double-take thinking it's an IS-F.
Old 10-06-11, 02:48 AM
dano9258
Driver

You guys do realize that ours has just the "F," and the others have a "F-Sport" badge right? If you look closely it says sport under the F in smaller writing. Doesn't bother me anyways, because I know mine says "IS-F" on the back and not "IS 250"
Old 10-06-11, 04:44 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't bother me at all. If you're concerned about others mistaking your IS-F with an F-Sport, you don't have to worry. Anyone who mistakes the F-Sport for the IS-F doesn't know enough about the F anyway. A true F fan would easily discern one from the other.
Old 10-06-11, 05:51 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

I don't think it's right at all

****ty Benz and BMW dealers will sell M logos and AMG badges, they'll even throw them on if you just have the M kit or AMG kit

I was hoping Lexus wouldn't do the same, but profit is profit
Old 10-06-11, 06:24 AM
Nate008
Pole Position

Honestly where I live, even people that "know about cars" ask me what "package" or kind of Lexus I have every few days. I had the Toyota dealership here ask me if was an 250/350 with different badging I put on there lol.

I think USB is a very "standout" color and should have only been left for the IS-F. You didn't see BMW making Leguna Seca colored regular 3 series. When you saw Leguna Seca you automatically know M3. It should have been reserved for just the F so people saw it, they would automatically know IS-F without even seeing other features that distinguish it as an F. But thats just me, I love my USB lol

I don't mind it when people tell me they thought it was a regular IS. I just tell them what it is and why it's different than a 250/350. I think if I had the exhaust on my car they would DEF know it wasn't "just an IS" as they would hear that V8.

It doesn't bother me they use an F-Sport badge. Like I said earlier, if someone confused your car or thought it was the same as an F-sport, just educate them on how they are different.
Old 10-06-11, 06:25 AM
isfklap
Driver School Candidate

I agree with you man. By putting the F on other cars, they try to be inclusive and let those drivers think they got something special. But like other people have said in this thread, we know the real difference of who has a TRUE F
Old 10-06-11, 07:02 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Besides the whole F badging thing, I don't think it's right for other IS's to come in Ultrasonic Blue Mica! This color should be exclusive to the F
Old 10-06-11, 07:14 AM
ItsanF
Driver

Dang, IMO, you guys need to just relax. The f sport badges say "f sport", whereas ours say "F"... Just like a few others have stated, if they are enthusiasts, they will know. Also, look at it like this. They take pride in their cars too and I can huarantee 100% if they rolled up to a light and saw a real F, not a chance in hell they will try and race..I actually kind of like how others have F sport cuz when mustangs and camaros roll up thinking they are tough and they believe they are just against a normal lexus, I show them who the boss is, let them hear my v8 roar, and then give them a chance to see the beautiful back end of the F.
Old 10-06-11, 07:18 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. They should have used a different logo for models other than the IS-F or LFA. When you buy an IS 250 or 350 with an F Sport package, you'd want a badge to let people know it is a special package. However, it shouldn't be "F Sport". But I'm afraid they've gone too far to change now. They now have an "F Sport" CT200h, IS 250, IS 350 and soon to be GS 350 edition. I don't know why they don't call the LS 460 Sport an "F Sport". That's even more confusing. But I bet they'll be "F Sport"ing all models before it's over. I can easily see the RX getting an "F Sport" package.
Old 10-06-11, 07:22 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As said above, you can see the M, AMG, or S logos on standard BMW, MB or Audi cars if they had certain packages, so not a big deal seeing an "F-Sport" logo on an ISx50. Besides, the logo is different, people that don't notice this difference will probably won't know the F anyway.

I guess you wouldn't be able to live where I live. In my apartment complex there is a modded IS250 with front and read ISF bumpers, ISF badges, dropped, and on BBS LMs. On the same parking lot there is an IS250 F-Sport version on 20" Vossen wheels. But the real deal is the ISF further down the parking lot, and a quick rev while passing by tells the boys that their daddy is home!
Old 10-06-11, 07:24 AM
Adik
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ItsanF
Dang, IMO, you guys need to just relax. The f sport badges say "f sport", whereas ours say "F"... Just like a few others have stated, if they are enthusiasts, they will know. Also, look at it like this. They take pride in their cars too and I can huarantee 100% if they rolled up to a light and saw a real F, not a chance in hell they will try and race..I actually kind of like how others have F sport cuz when mustangs and camaros roll up thinking they are tough and they believe they are just against a normal lexus, I show them who the boss is, let them hear my v8 roar, and then give them a chance to see the beautiful back end of the F.
some 2is actually raced an is-f and thinked he won....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...irst-is-f.html

Quick Reply: F Logo Piss me off!