IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A Bad Day For My F

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-11, 02:59 PM
hydralisk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rtr01
headlights not working? im just saying, a brick is quite a large object to be laying in the middle of the road.
He did it on purpose so he could talk his wife into buy new wheels.
Old 10-16-11, 03:07 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was there anyone in the M3? You did say Brick, right?
Old 10-16-11, 05:31 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

headlights not working? im just saying, a brick is quite a large object to be laying in the middle of the road.
I hit a freshly killed deer that was laying just beyond the crest of a steep hill. By the time I reach the top of the hill and saw it it was too late to slow down.

Anyone hit anything bigger that they couldn't see?
Old 10-16-11, 07:09 PM
rtr01
Rookie

i had typed a small essay but i decided it would be to hard to understand. so i'm just going to relay one message.

watch where you are going. if you hit anything it is your own fault, yah it sucks, but you can't blame anything other then your driving skills. i routinely drive around rocks and small objects on the road no larger than a quarter. and that is NO lie. it is not difficult.

continue with the "crest of hill" excuse. if the hill is that steep that you can't see adequately ahead of you, what happens if there is a broken down car right there. then you die. maybe you should be reducing your speed if the visibility is so poor.

no more response from me on this subject. driving every day i feel that 75% of the people on the road are a hazard to people who can actually comprehend driving dynamics.
Old 10-16-11, 07:26 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by greg0126
I hit a pheasant. I guy I know hit a rottweiler. Both over the crest of a hill and larger than a brick.

I live in the Finger Lakes area of New York. It's nothing but hills and valleys with a lot of curves mixed in. Deer cross the road without looking too. Most of the time we don't hit anything.
Old 10-16-11, 08:38 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Damn! That's awful. I'm guessing you were prepping for the Pursuit tomorrow? If so, that's just bad timing man. Sorry to hear.
Thanks man, **** happens but I wish it hadn't been to the F.

I was cleaning it up for a meet up in our local mountains but did you do the pursuit?

Originally Posted by rhy
That would be comprehensive coverage, don't let them write it down as collision. Also, if you have a comprehensive deductible, consider going to zero-deductible in the future, your premium shouldn't change more than $50-100/year. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback rhy. It'll be interesting to see and hear what the Adjuster tries to claim on Tues.

I hit a freshly killed deer that was laying just beyond the crest of a steep hill. By the time I reach the top of the hill and saw it it was too late to slow down.

How did that turn out with the deer?

Years ago I was at the tail of the dragon on the NC/Tennessee border and clipped a deer at night who bolted across the road in front of me. I was on my motorcycle and just like what happened the other night in the F, there was zero time to react. It put me into a big tankslapper, my *** ended up about a foot off the seat, but knock on wood I was able to ride it out.

The size of the object is secondary to available reaction time.

i had typed a small essay but i decided it would be to hard to understand. so i'm just going to relay one message.

watch where you are going. if you hit anything it is your own fault, yah it sucks, but you can't blame anything other then your driving skills. i routinely drive around rocks and small objects on the road no larger than a quarter. and that is NO lie. it is not difficult.

continue with the "crest of hill" excuse. if the hill is that steep that you can't see adequately ahead of you, what happens if there is a broken down car right there. then you die. maybe you should be reducing your speed if the visibility is so poor.

no more response from me on this subject. driving every day i feel that 75% of the people on the road are a hazard to people who can actually comprehend driving dynamics.
I'm sure your pinpoint, laser-targeted reaction times are something to behold there rtr lol.

If only my 26 years of riding sportbikes/sportscars/street/track could have taught me about those elusive driving dynamics you speak of?

You're so full of inept education, please go on..
Old 10-17-11, 12:54 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about this. When my wheel got damaged, my insurance company had to see if it was repairable. If it's repairable, they will send it in to a repair shop. If it's not, then they will replace it. Same with the tire. If it still holds air and has no major damage, they will repair it instead of replace it. Our OEM rim is about ~$1900 and a tire is around ~$300. So if they can, they will try to repair it before they replace it. Just saying from what happened with me. Hope all goes well with the adjuster.
Old 10-17-11, 04:57 AM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexsports
How did that turn out with the deer?
Fortunately it was a few years ago when I was driving an Accord. Somehow the damage didn't turn out to be major. The front bumper was a little messed up but the car was drive-able. There were a couple of stopped motorists about a half mile down the road that weren't so lucky though, I guess they were the ones that killed it.
Old 10-17-11, 10:31 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Sorry to hear about this. When my wheel got damaged, my insurance company had to see if it was repairable. If it's repairable, they will send it in to a repair shop. If it's not, then they will replace it. Same with the tire. If it still holds air and has no major damage, they will repair it instead of replace it. Our OEM rim is about ~$1900 and a tire is around ~$300. So if they can, they will try to repair it before they replace it. Just saying from what happened with me. Hope all goes well with the adjuster.
Thanks for the info Shadow...keeping my fingers crossed they opt to replace rather than repair. The tire itself has a gaping hole in the sidewall so if they try to have that fixed I'm gonna have to smack the adjuster upside the head.

Fortunately it was a few years ago when I was driving an Accord. Somehow the damage didn't turn out to be major. The front bumper was a little messed up but the car was drive-able. There were a couple of stopped motorists about a half mile down the road that weren't so lucky though, I guess they were the ones that killed it.
Ouch...glad you and the car came out reletively unscathed though.
Old 10-17-11, 11:15 AM
madastep
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
it won't be repairable because there is no color match for our wheels, ask USAA, i had the car in front of lose some big hunk of metal and it hit me. they try'd to color match the wheel 3 times at three different shops, they finally bought me a new wheel. about a 90% chance you'll get a brand new wheel. If they do 'repair it" pay attn to the color. It will look close but won't have that black chrome look.
Old 10-17-11, 11:32 AM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

What kind of a person leaves a brick in the middle of the road!!?!!?

Steven @ VIP Auto Salon
Old 10-17-11, 02:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by madastep
it won't be repairable because there is no color match for our wheels, ask USAA, i had the car in front of lose some big hunk of metal and it hit me. they try'd to color match the wheel 3 times at three different shops, they finally bought me a new wheel. about a 90% chance you'll get a brand new wheel. If they do 'repair it" pay attn to the color. It will look close but won't have that black chrome look.
Wouldn't it just have been cheaper to finish all four

Lou
Old 10-25-11, 08:07 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

OUCH!!!!! I feel your pain. That SUCKS!
Old 10-26-11, 09:10 AM
rsheppick
Rookie

I have these dumb things happen to me so many times with my old IS250 I lowered just my comprehensive deductible to 50 dollars. My insurance company will replace glass with factory glass for 3 years from the time the car was purchased . I had 3 windshields replaced on my old IS250 lol totally worth the 50 bucks!
Old 10-26-11, 10:30 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ouch....s*%$ that sux bro

Quick Reply: A Bad Day For My F