A Bad Day For My F

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-11, 02:21 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A Bad Day For My F

Hey all,

So as Murphy's law would have it, I decided to pamper my F with a three stage detail that took me a full two days/nights to complete.

Was coming along nicely...

A Bad Day For My F-copy_1a.jpg

I finished it up yesterday afternoon and all was good. Nothing like the feeling of 2 days hard work coming to fruition...

A Bad Day For My F-copy_1c.jpg

A Bad Day For My F-copy_1d.jpg

So I head out last night for a night on the town in the F. After me and my GF finish dinner we're heading home on a parkway where it's extremely dark and secluded. Just as I'm cresting a hill in a left hand bend, I hear a BOOM and the steering wheel almost gets yanked from my hands.

It turns out that someone had conveniently dropped a brick in the road right as the uphill grade crests and I slammed it with the left front corner of the F. Before I did the detail, I had just had a new set of Pilot Super Sports installed...

A Bad Day For My F-copy_2b.jpg

A Bad Day For My F-copy_2c.jpg

I can now put 2 full fingers right through the sidewall of my new PSS, ughhh, and the wheel itself is bent down and away from the tire.

I got lucky in the sense that when I hit the brick, it kicked it out and away from the car, so I guess it could have been worse. I've got a call into my insurance company to file a claim and figure they should at least cover the cost of a new wheel?

I've got full coverage, so do any of you guys have any idea whether they should cover the cost of the tire as well?

Thanks for viewing..

Last edited by Apexsports; 10-15-11 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-15-11, 02:36 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, insurance should cover for that kind of road damage.
Old 10-15-11, 03:58 PM
riboflavin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you just pay your comprehensive deductible and your insurance will pay for all the damage.
Old 10-15-11, 04:57 PM
Fondue
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy

They will cover it but its best to say the object was moving and then it should be covered under the comp deductible. If you say it was stationary it will probably be collision with them saying you should have had time to move out of the way. I know from experience.
Old 10-15-11, 09:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

^^^^Yep. I was hit my road debris, a truck retread tire carcass. The car in front of me on the freeway shot it back at me. I had to replace my bumper cover. Comp, less my deductible, covered it. My insurance agent said if I had run over it, it would have been collision.

BTW I see no images in the first post. And, I tried three browsers on my Mac.

Lou
Old 10-15-11, 10:06 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Thanks for the feedback all...the claims dept said that I may not hear back from the adjuster until Tues so I appreciate your input to put my mind at ease. WIll probably seem like a long wait getting the replacement parts with this butt ugly yellow donut on my F.

@ Lou - hmmm they were loading fine earlier but aren't loading for me right now either. Perhaps a forum glitch?
Old 10-15-11, 10:51 PM
rtr01
Rookie

i'm just curious how you cannot see a BRICK laying in the middle of the road.....
Old 10-15-11, 11:08 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Pretty easily when it's laying in a BLIND uphill corner on a pitch black Pkwy at 65mph - right at the CREST of a hill.
Old 10-15-11, 11:10 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Damn! That's awful. I'm guessing you were prepping for the Pursuit tomorrow? If so, that's just bad timing man. Sorry to hear.
Old 10-16-11, 12:23 AM
rtr01
Rookie

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Pretty easily when it's laying in a BLIND uphill corner on a pitch black Pkwy at 65mph - right at the CREST of a hill.
headlights not working? im just saying, a brick is quite a large object to be laying in the middle of the road.
Old 10-16-11, 02:19 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rtr01
headlights not working? im just saying, a brick is quite a large object to be laying in the middle of the road.
Your ability to place yourself in other peoples driver seat is indeed impressive, and dually noted.
Old 10-16-11, 02:31 AM
GenEric587
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks that the rim is damaged, but you're right. That brick could have done more damage.

Great job on the detail, though!
Old 10-16-11, 07:18 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be comprehensive coverage, don't let them write it down as collision. Also, if you have a comprehensive deductible, consider going to zero-deductible in the future, your premium shouldn't change more than $50-100/year. Good luck!
Old 10-16-11, 09:57 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 354 Likes on 207 Posts

Damn man **** bricks!
Old 10-16-11, 10:36 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rtr01

At work I ran over power/telephone wires that were hanging from a broken power pole. Those wires are longer and bigger than bricks and nobody saw em, especially me that was driving the truck......and yeah my headlights were working

Quick Reply: A Bad Day For My F