IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Figs Engineering Mega Arms & Toe Links Installed (Lexus IS-F)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 12:05 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love these things so far!! today at 1:45 i go in for an alignment.....any guess on how far my tape measure is off from the computer? I will post results. I know im not gonna match up at all but it rode pretty nice this weekend for doing it like a cave man!
Old 10-24-11, 12:19 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figs,
1.) which mega arms did meade use and which do you reccomend for a DD with 3-5 track days/year? (economy or race version and racemoto vs. race precision?)
2.) do you guys do installs, and would it be overkill for me to drive to you from kansas city (if you do) to intall KW V3's and the mega arms/toe links this spring? (i'm not sure I really trust any local shop I've had experience with so far and would like someone who knows what they are doing to set them up and teach me the basics about proper adjustment, etc.
3.) Are meade's mega arms powder coated as reccommened on your website? (they appear that they are not...)
Old 10-24-11, 12:43 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Now that i got my rear alignment squared away, here is the new Pirelli tires i ordered (they just arrived).... 285/25/20 rear and 235/30/20 front (my Nitto's are 275's in rear so these are wider!) I like the Nitto's but i only bought them because the Pirelli 285/25 was on national backorder at the time my rims were built.

Old 10-24-11, 12:43 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

FYI i just ordered this

i will need to roll the fenders to get clearance on the 285's.....

should look even better then it already does plus RIDE smoother too. Pirelli > ALL (in my personal experience)
Old 10-24-11, 12:45 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Figs,
1.) which mega arms did meade use and which do you reccomend for a DD with 3-5 track days/year? (economy or race version and racemoto vs. race precision?)
2.) do you guys do installs, and would it be overkill for me to drive to you from kansas city (if you do) to intall KW V3's and the mega arms/toe links this spring? (i'm not sure I really trust any local shop I've had experience with so far and would like someone who knows what they are doing to set them up and teach me the basics about proper adjustment, etc.
3.) Are meade's mega arms powder coated as reccommened on your website? (they appear that they are not...)

if you lived closer i would do it all for you!

also, yes, they are powdercoated silver.
Old 10-24-11, 01:00 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
if you lived closer i would do it all for you!

also, yes, they are powdercoated silver.
You are SO nice!! but alas I do live too far away from CA....
I wondered if they were silver... looks good...
which versions did u use?
those 285's look WIDE (AWESOME!) !!!!
good luck rolling the fenders! (I'd be nervous doing something like that,.,.. but maybe for no good reason)
Old 10-24-11, 01:31 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
Figs,
For the F and any track duty I suggest the RACE version because of the added bracing and ridgidity. DD driving the MOTO rod ends are the best fit since they are a solid forged shank and molded race. Its the best of precision and strength.

Precision is great for people who track their car a lot and do not drive on crappy road conditions where they make see high shock loads...like potholes etc.

We do not do installs simply because of limited shop space, but perhaps in the future we will offer this service.

Steve's arms are powdercoated Silver Chrome. Its one of my favorite colors because it really shows off all the lines.

Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 10-24-11, 01:34 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

u don't stop do u. welcome to the 285 club. lol. i think u should of gotten figs wheels and get 305!!!
Old 10-24-11, 02:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,898 Likes on 1,339 Posts

^^^^As I recall Figs wheels are 19", not 20" like Meade's. IMHO, and only my opinion, the 20" sidewall height is much too small for a street driven automobile with a tire/wheel combo OD in the 26" range. Again, no flames please, this is just my opinion.

Lou
Old 10-24-11, 02:50 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

19" indeed. but might try 20's here pretty soon. Hankook Ventus V12 in a 30525/20 only $255.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 10-24-11, 02:59 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meade916
i love these things so far!! today at 1:45 i go in for an alignment.....any guess on how far my tape measure is off from the computer? I will post results. I know im not gonna match up at all but it rode pretty nice this weekend for doing it like a cave man!
Soooo......
Old 10-24-11, 09:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great job so far Steve! Your progress has been coming along nicely! Thanks for the pics, and I'm looking forward to the results of the alignment as well as the pics with the Pirellis after the fender roll.
Old 10-24-11, 10:53 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey FIGS, I see you guys make great products for suspension for IS's and GS's, show some SC love for us SC-ers! We have major camber issues with our 17-19 year old beasts! And to top it off, most suspension parts for our cars cost an arm and a leg and not to mention the wait time 'cause most parts come from Japan!
Old 10-25-11, 08:11 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

i do have video of this whole thing, because i am a youtube-aholic like that......its not edited and uploaded yet but here is the results. Also, i gotta give up some love to Lexus of Sacramento.....they didnt give me the evil eye or any of that, they have been really cool all the way though this process. I told them what i was doing well ahead of time, asked advice on what to do and what not to do, brought the product in and showed it to them......and then did it. I came back after it was done and they brought me out to the shop so i could explain to them what all i did and get some pics/vids of the actual alignment. The tech was really liking the whole setup! I have gotten MANY an Evil-eye after buying new cars from dealers and modding them. They dont take kindly to that usually. L.O.S. is great though. Im sure my warranty on the stock arms is gone though LOL -

keep in mind that this "before/after" is WITH the new mega arms installed. I dont have the old number handy (with the factory arms) but it was MUCH worse.

"Before" represents my eyeball/tape measure alignment job on the new install (to get me through the weekend) and After is obviously after i took it down for the alignment.

Rear Camber
Before:

L -1.5° R -1.0°

After:
L -.9° R -.9° ←←← we could have gotten to .00 but they recommend a little camber, and its well within factory spec now.

Rear Toe
Before:

L -.7° R -.33°

After:
L - 0.00° - R - 0.00°

Last edited by meade916; 10-25-11 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-25-11, 08:19 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What were the specs before, after you first put the coilovers on and got an alignment? Or was there not an alignment before?

Quick Reply: Figs Engineering Mega Arms & Toe Links Installed (Lexus IS-F)