IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Transforming Obsidian -> Azure

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 02:26 PM
Legato
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadog99
Quick question, what did you do to the CF roof? Does it come that shiny, the only ones I have seen / used it is matte in color. You mentioned vinyl/tire cleaner. Does it keep it's shine, or does it turn into matte after a while? The CF roof looks similar to wet CF. I like the way it turned out. If you didn't like the red of the OEM tails, you could have tinted them with a dark tint. Also you may want to look into the chrome window surround blackout kit. I have this on mine. It covers the chrome trim around the windows. It holds up really well. I still have original install and it was done in 08. Not bad for $12.95.

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-coop...tline-kit.html
It comes that shiny... Itīs the way Oracals Premium CF-wrap looks (CF-Wrap). So far itīs kept itīs shine

Iīm actually happy with the lights, even though I know not everyone shares that opinion.

Covering the chrome around the windows would be great! Will be a project for the spring... My winter wheels are unfortunately silver.

The site you linked to only carries stuff for Minis, did you buy the same thing elsewhere for the ISF or does it fit the ISF for some reason? I havenīt seen that product before...
Old 12-02-11, 11:21 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought 2 rolls just in case. Yes it is for the mini. I used to have a mini, and used this product. When I got the F, I thought of using the same thing. It works perfectly. Just buy 2 rolls, just in case you mess up, or need to replace any down the road. 1 roll was just a little short to do all of the F windows, 2 rolls was plenty. I used to have my roof done in the di-noc, but I took it to a detailer and he used a buffer on it, before I could stop him at it scratched it all up. I removed it and planned on doing it again. I will look for the shinier stuff, it looks great.
Old 12-02-11, 12:12 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleadog99
I bought 2 rolls just in case. Yes it is for the mini. I used to have a mini, and used this product. When I got the F, I thought of using the same thing. It works perfectly. Just buy 2 rolls, just in case you mess up, or need to replace any down the road. 1 roll was just a little short to do all of the F windows, 2 rolls was plenty. I used to have my roof done in the di-noc, but I took it to a detailer and he used a buffer on it, before I could stop him at it scratched it all up. I removed it and planned on doing it again. I will look for the shinier stuff, it looks great.
Is this tape pretty pliable to follow the curves on our window trim? Seems like itd be a real nice option at $25 for two rolls!
Old 12-02-11, 02:10 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, goes on pretty easy. It's almost like electrical tape consistency.
Old 12-28-11, 07:25 AM
J2K
Pole Position

I ordered two rolls of the black out tape a couple of weeks ago from Outmotoring.com. I finally put it on yesterday. It was painless to install and it looks amazing. Thanks for posting fleadog!!
Old 12-28-11, 09:53 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by J2K
I ordered two rolls of the black out tape a couple of weeks ago from Outmotoring.com. I finally put it on yesterday. It was painless to install and it looks amazing. Thanks for posting fleadog!!
Did you guys need the 2 rolls? Would you suggest buying 2? Also, did you buy the Gen 1 Mini tape, or a different Gen?
Old 12-28-11, 10:01 AM
J2K
Pole Position

You will definitely need two rolls. And yes, Gen 1 Mini tape.
Old 12-28-11, 12:05 PM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by J2K
No problem. It is probably the easiest mod you can do, that makes a huge difference look wise.
Old 12-28-11, 12:21 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info guys! I just ordered 2 packs. Someone should make a regular thread about this tape so others can find it.. Sorry for jacking your thread Legato!
Old 12-28-11, 01:59 PM
Legato
Driver

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
Thanks for the info guys! I just ordered 2 packs. Someone should make a regular thread about this tape so others can find it.. Sorry for jacking your thread Legato!
No worries Will order a couple of packs myself!
Old 04-04-12, 05:23 PM
Legato
Driver

Coming home to Sweden from a week abroad I had to face snowfall when leaving the airport on summer tires... (see the first pic).

Fortunately already the day after weather changed and I had the time to wash and wax the F Wanted to add these pictures as "before" pictures. Upcoming days I will do some "blackening". Black Pearl emblems, Black out tape and Black grille.

Also ordered new tires (Michelin Super Sports, 275/30 and 245/35) going on in about a week.

Upcoming is a Borla system and hopefully a diffusor and front spoiler
Attached Thumbnails Transforming Obsidian -> Azure-dsc_0069.jpg   Transforming Obsidian -> Azure-dsc_0071.jpg   Transforming Obsidian -> Azure-dsc_0078.jpg   Transforming Obsidian -> Azure-dsc_0077.jpg  
Old 04-04-12, 07:10 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Car looks great, nice work
Old 04-04-12, 11:30 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

That is a very nice blue!
Old 04-05-12, 12:55 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I still can't believe your car is wrapped. Looks like a paint job! So clean.
Old 04-05-12, 06:26 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

looks pretty sweet, not much of a fan of the tails though...but the wrap & color looks awesome

Quick Reply: Transforming Obsidian -> Azure