IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

OPINION on Coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-11, 09:39 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPINION on Coilovers...

Does anyone think BC Racing Coilovers are cheap???

I have them and love them, but I want to know your opinions...
Old 11-02-11, 09:49 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think they are cheap. 1k for coilovers is not cheap to me. Did you get your car corner balance or do you know if Sai did it for you? Just asking cause I need to get that done.

Originally Posted by KiyomiF

Old 11-02-11, 10:03 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Cheap? All depends on your intended use. If you are just going for a lowered look and softer ride, they are about right. If you are looking for performance and track use, they are cheap, a good set of track coilovers start ~$2,500 and the sky is the limit.
Old 11-02-11, 10:32 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Teo - Sai's buddy did it for him. I just had it raised so I could get it up my driveway (turns out I didn't even need to do that), but I'll lower it again once the new wheels come in.

I am not tracking it yet. Even if I was, I would be happy with these coilovers. The reason I'm asking for opinions is because I went to get it raised at D&V Autobody and I was not happy at all when I left.
(1) They charged a ridiculous amount (granted I should have asked for the quote first - I have my reasons why I didn't though)
(2) They said it was really difficult.
(3) I didn't even need it raised (I can't blame anyone, but myself for that) :P
AND
(4) Just out of curiosity, we called D & V Autobody today asking about the price to raise a slammed G37 on coilovers to put bigger wheels on. They responded saying that it depends on time - 1 hour per wheel and how difficult it is. They continued to tell us how this IS F (MINE) came in yesterday to get raised and they had problems with it because it had really cheap coilovers, which made it difficult and they had to use a torque wrench.

What do you think he would say if he knew he was talking to the owner of that IS F???
Old 11-02-11, 11:16 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have the perch that came with the coilovers? That might have save them some time. If you didn't have that, I can understand why it would be hard to adjust the coilovers.

Teo - Sai's buddy did it for him. I just had it raised so I could get it up my driveway (turns out I didn't even need to do that), but I'll lower it again once the new wheels come in.

I am not tracking it yet. Even if I was, I would be happy with these coilovers. The reason I'm asking for opinions is because I went to get it raised at D&V Autobody and I was not happy at all when I left.
(1) They charged a ridiculous amount (granted I should have asked for the quote first - I have my reasons why I didn't though)
(2) They said it was really difficult.
(3) I didn't even need it raised (I can't blame anyone, but myself for that) :P
AND
(4) Just out of curiosity, we called D & V Autobody today asking about the price to raise a slammed G37 on coilovers to put bigger wheels on. They responded saying that it depends on time - 1 hour per wheel and how difficult it is. They continued to tell us how this IS F (MINE) came in yesterday to get raised and they had problems with it because it had really cheap coilovers, which made it difficult and they had to use a torque wrench.

What do you think he would say if he knew he was talking to the owner of that IS F???
Old 11-03-11, 09:09 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you buy Sai's car?

I've had them on my IS300 and thought they we were great bang for the buck... went with kw on the IS-F just for a change... but for Daily Driving, BC will do just fine.
Old 11-04-11, 05:08 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Originally Posted by DS2k
did you buy Sai's car?

I've had them on my IS300 and thought they we were great bang for the buck... went with kw on the IS-F just for a change... but for Daily Driving, BC will do just fine.
Yes, I bought Sai's F. I don't even use it for daily driving because I have my 250.