IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Member Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 12:18 PM
LOVLOOKISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Here

Forgive me if I posted on the wrong thread , but I am new here and love the IS-Fs. I now have a Camaro SS and am looking for a 4 door car with muscle. The BMW M3 scares me with it's future issues when owned long term, C63 AMG, not sure of it's handling. Love the IS-F though. Test drove one yesterday and liked it a lot except for the understeer. Do the available suspension sways and coils delete this issue, and also I saw a member on Cardomain that runs into the 11s with just bolt ons and Sikky headers and traps 120mph. Very impressive, Mustangs 5.0s and Camaro SS aren't even seeing those numbers with bolt ons. Is this true would greatly appreciate your feed back.
Old 11-13-11, 01:25 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LOVLOOKISF
Forgive me if I posted on the wrong thread , but I am new here and love the IS-Fs. I now have a Camaro SS and am looking for a 4 door car with muscle. The BMW M3 scares me with it's future issues when owned long term, C63 AMG, not sure of it's handling. Love the IS-F though. Test drove one yesterday and liked it a lot except for the understeer. Do the available suspension sways and coils delete this issue, and also I saw a member on Cardomain that runs into the 11s with just bolt ons and Sikky headers and traps 120mph. Very impressive, Mustangs 5.0s and Camaro SS aren't even seeing those numbers with bolt ons. Is this true would greatly appreciate your feed back.
yes with bolt ons the car can do 11. try searching and u can find his setup.
Old 11-13-11, 03:26 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^ Yeah.

And a F-Sport rear sway bar will fix the understeer.
Old 11-13-11, 04:01 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really don't see a huge problem with the understeer. It's a heavy car with tq . Wider tires will help.

The '10 and up have the Torsen LSD. The '11s have the upgrades suspension.

Exhaust, headers and sticky tires you can hit 11s
Old 11-13-11, 04:14 PM
LOVLOOKISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
I really don't see a huge problem with the understeer. It's a heavy car with tq . Wider tires will help.

The '10 and up have the Torsen LSD. The '11s have the upgrades suspension.

Exhaust, headers and sticky tires you can hit 11s
Well the way my Camaro SS is setup right now with Modded suspension and bushings, the ISF which was a 2011 btw understeered way more and scared me. My Camaro handles more like an M3 no matter how much the corner sharpens I can still take on throttle, but hey stock the Camaro SS under steered worse than S#$%t so if that can be tamed so can the ISF. Wish I had bought the ISF before the Camaro SS, what was I thinking. Glad to see that the 11s isn't wishful thinking, Love what Lexus did to this car. Now when headers are added do you need a tune or does the stock tune learn by itself.
Old 11-13-11, 04:48 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No tune. This car loves headers.
Old 11-13-11, 05:06 PM
LOVLOOKISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
No tune. This car loves headers.
Woooooo hooooooooooo, can't wait to get this car. How do you guys do at the road courses. Can this transmission handle the rigors of road racing on track. American Muscle cars always need a tune of some sort when headers and such is installed. I am sick and tired of that crap. I literally spent $1600 on tunes and tuning equipment and a ton of Camaro SS tuners suck.
Old 11-13-11, 05:26 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LOVLOOKISF
Woooooo hooooooooooo, can't wait to get this car. How do you guys do at the road courses. Can this transmission handle the rigors of road racing on track. American Muscle cars always need a tune of some sort when headers and such is installed. I am sick and tired of that crap. I literally spent $1600 on tunes and tuning equipment and a ton of Camaro SS tuners suck.

Though this car is capable at the drag-strip, the car really shines on road courses. Check out our road course and auto-x section.