New Member to ISF and Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 05:03 AM
tomkirklan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member to ISF and Question

Hey CL,
Last week I was trying to decide if I should trade in my LS430 for an ISF. It was a difficult decision but I'm so glad I did it. What a great, fun car. Thank you to everyone who provided input on my last thread, it helped me make my decision. So my question: Please see the picture, are my wheels on right? I'm getting up to speed on the car so please forgive my ignorance.

Thank you,
Tom
Attached Thumbnails New Member to ISF and Question-photo.jpg  
Old 11-16-11, 05:38 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

Congrats on the F!!! Good choice. What do you mean are the wheels on right? Maybe you aren't used to seeing stock wheels on most Fs, so it just looks different to you?
Old 11-16-11, 05:50 AM
tomkirklan
Driver

I was under the impression that the wheels were specific to their location on the vehicle. Is the right rear wheel different than the left rear wheel? Do the spokes face a specific direction?

I have curb rash on my right rear wheel and was looking to replace the wheel. I know the cost... I went to dinner the first night I had the car and the valet curbed it. I didn’t even notice it until the next morning...

Thank you,
Tom
Old 11-16-11, 05:52 AM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

they look fine. at first glance, it almost looks like the rears are on the wrong side because of the angle. the spokes look like a knife - a blunt side and a cutting side - they should be cutting clockwise when the car is moving forward. they are also labeled on the inside. the wheel in the picture below would be on the drivers side (north american spec). the fatter wheels are on the rear.

Last edited by ACEtheOG; 11-16-11 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-16-11, 06:08 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!! First post with the car and you posted a pic Nice color btw

I'm not 100% sure but on the inside/back of the rim it may say where the rims go. Like LF(left front) RF(right front). For the tires, they are directional. Look for the arrow on the ouside lip of the tire
Old 11-16-11, 06:09 AM
KiyomiF
Driver

^^ I think they look fine too. Can you take more pics of the wheels? I wouldn't valet anymore
Old 11-16-11, 06:13 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Default Welcome to F world

I hate to say it but trusting someone with your car is where you went wrong. Have you ever seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off ?
Old 11-16-11, 06:26 AM
tomkirklan
Driver

Originally Posted by spddemon
I hate to say it but trusting someone with your car is where you went wrong. Have you ever seen the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off ?
Yeah, tough lesson to learn. He only had to drive it 10 feet, literally.
Old 11-16-11, 06:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Your wheels appear to be mounted properly. They are mounted on the correct side. However, from the picture is impossible to tell is the 8.0" wide wheel is in front and the 9.0" wheel is in the rear. One can assume they are mounted correctly.

See attachment:

Lou
Attached Thumbnails New Member to ISF and Question-isf-wheels.jpg  
Old 11-16-11, 07:25 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
Your wheels appear to be mounted properly. They are mounted on the correct side. However, from the picture is impossible to tell is the 8.0" wide wheel is in front and the 9.0" wheel is in the rear. One can assume they are mounted correctly.

Lou
Not to thread-jack or anything, but Lou is there a way to tell the size of the wheel without removing the tires?

Originally Posted by tomkirklan
I have curb rash on my right rear wheel and was looking to replace the wheel. I know the cost... I went to dinner the first night I had the car and the valet curbed it.
Look for touch up paint with paint code 1E3, and touch up the wheels. This is what I did, and my wheels no longer have curb rash. Unless the curb rash is so bad that the wheel is dented and is causing the car to pull, no need to replace them.
Old 11-16-11, 07:29 AM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Not to thread-jack or anything, but Lou is there a way to tell the size of the wheel without removing the tires?
the specs are all on the backside of the wheel. if you dont want to remove the wheel, you can use a tape measurer through the spokes .
Old 11-16-11, 09:43 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congratz on the F!
Old 11-16-11, 10:57 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I guess what you are asking is if the wheels are facing the correct direction? From the picture posted it does look correct however it's almost impossible to tell which wheel is wider. The picture in post #4 is for the left side but again from pictures it hard to tell if it's LF or LR (left front or left rear).
Old 11-17-11, 03:42 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good decision...speed is very much worth it
Old 11-17-11, 04:14 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much louder do you find the F compared to the LS on a smooth highway going about 75 mph? I know it's an unfair comparison.

Quick Reply: New Member to ISF and Question