IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

HELP ----- With or without Navigation/Mark Levinson

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 07:41 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question HELP ----- With or without Navigation/Mark Levinson

Would you save $4,000 or more and buy the car without navigation, mark levinson sound (not much better than stock), rear camera (nice novelty), DVD player (no blu-ray? lol), and moonroof (never liked them)? Plus, it's a color that's not your first choice. I say more than $4,000 because the non-NAV car can be discounted a bit further since it's a less desirable car. Are the extras worth it? I do like how the dash looks with a big screen, but I'm not a fan of navigation since these built-in ones are pretty crappy compared to a $150 standalone. I appreciate any input. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Cleo; 11-17-11 at 01:06 PM. Reason: car didn't have parking sensors as originally thought.
Old 11-16-11, 11:40 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

well that depends on u. i dont think its worth it for the navi alone but the backup camera is a must have for me. i can do without the navi. if u don't like the navi go with the non navi and if u need to get a navi buy another brand.
Old 11-16-11, 11:52 PM
abpk20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the screen itself adds a nice touch to the car itself. And backup camera and sensors are really helpful! Lexus's navigation is not that bad compared to other car manufacturers but in the end it is what you prefer.
Old 11-17-11, 06:34 AM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Completely a personal choice. I like the navigation system. Mark levin is ok not much base though. Backup camera is of good use.
Old 11-17-11, 06:35 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sold on built-in navigation. I don't want to have another new car without it.

As for the Mark Levinson, I don't really care for it. If it didn't come with the nav, I'd do without it.
Old 11-17-11, 08:35 AM
Cleo
Driver

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I still haven't decided. I wish the NAV car didn't have the moonroof and Mark Levinson sound....
Old 11-17-11, 09:22 AM
staman
Pole Position

Now that i've driven a car with nav for 2 years i don't know how i lived without it. That being said the lexus nav system is garbage. The way it displays the map on the screen is terrible. The touch screen to move the map around is terrible, and dont even get me started on the voice recognition software. The mark levinson system I think is quite a lot better than the stock tho IMHO
Old 11-17-11, 09:52 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

I use the nav everyday and love it. I havent found a car that has a better nav system. Lexus beats BMW, Audi, GM, and Caddy by a long shot.. All of those are terrible from my first hand experiences. Acura has a pretty good system though. I am not sure comparing it to a handheld TomTom or whatever.. Its a $60k car, you shouldnt have to stick a nav to the windshield.

The backup sensors are awesome too, I rarely use the cam because I use my mirrors and eyes..
Old 11-17-11, 09:59 AM
Cleo
Driver

Originally Posted by staman
Now that i've driven a car with nav for 2 years i don't know how i lived without it. That being said the lexus nav system is garbage. The way it displays the map on the screen is terrible. The touch screen to move the map around is terrible, and dont even get me started on the voice recognition software. The mark levinson system I think is quite a lot better than the stock tho IMHO
Maybe I should really try out the NAV and backup camera. I wasn't really paying attention to those things when I test drove it. But, from what I saw, these built-in NAVs can't be any good considering they don't even have 3-D view. Correct?
Old 11-17-11, 10:23 AM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

What year F are you buying? The NAV system is much better in the '10 and up model years when they switched to the HDD based system.
Old 11-17-11, 10:30 AM
Cleo
Driver

Originally Posted by Bulls23337
What year F are you buying? The NAV system is much better in the '10 and up model years when they switched to the HDD based system.
2011 or 2012
Old 11-17-11, 11:13 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Welcome Back Cleo..!!

You can always agree on a possible price and commit to a "Special Order"

It also depends who you are working with??

With Special order you build it EXACTLY the way you want it and just wait approx 3 months for it.

For the 2012 you get some nicer wheels..

Also, is this proposed BASE (empty) IS-F sitting on a lot??? Color & Year ?

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-17-11 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-17-11, 11:15 AM
Cleo
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Welcome Back Cleo..!!

You can always agree on a possible price and commit to a "Special Order"

It also depends who you are working with??

With Special order you build it EXACTLY the way you want it and just wait approx 3 months for it.

~ Joe Z
Thanks Joe! Good to be back.

I'll consider the special order. Maybe NAV (only because I like the big screen) but no ML or moonroof. But, I don't think getting NAV w/o ML is possible. Well, that sux.

Last edited by Cleo; 11-17-11 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-17-11, 11:31 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Cleo
Thanks Joe! Good to be back.

I'll consider the special order. Maybe NAV (only because I like the big screen) but no ML or moonroof.
Then you get to pick your exterior & interior color and decide if you want to add Park Assist..

~ Joe Z
Old 11-17-11, 11:50 AM
Cleo
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Then you get to pick your exterior & interior color and decide if you want to add Park Assist..

~ Joe Z
What's park assist? Does the car park itself like the LS460? That sounds expensive.

I'm not sure I like any of the interior colors other than black. I do prefer tan leather, but it's not offered here. That white leather is atrocious. The red leather is too red. I like the BMW red leather, tho.

Last edited by Cleo; 11-17-11 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP ----- With or without Navigation/Mark Levinson