IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Quality issues ISF 2011 with 6400 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 01:54 PM
fraguada1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality issues ISF 2011 with 6400 miles.

It may be just me but can somebody tell me if they are experienced this issues.

1) The windows, rear / front, side view mirrors are a mediocre quality compare to MB and BMW. For example, after washing the car the windows develop a haze withing hrs.

2) The headlight covers pitted withing 3,000 miles diving in Southern Cal.

3) Front and rear brake pads make noise at 3000 miles. Front pads were replaced and just started to make noise again.
Old 11-25-11, 02:01 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) What are you using to clean the windows and mirrors? Try using a good auto glass cleaner.
2) Do you mean rock chips? That's the fault of rocks on the freeways; not Lexus. Don't tailgate and try putting on a clear bra that also covers your headlights.
3) Apparently, these are high performance pads and rotors, which have been known to be noisy when they are not up to proper operating temperature (higher than normal street driving). Try to bed them in properly. Or, use an aftermarket brand that doesn't squeak as much.

I'm still trying to get used to the not-so-smooth auto-downshifting when slowing to a stop with the brakes lightly applied.
Old 11-25-11, 03:07 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by fraguada1
It may be just me but can somebody tell me if they are experienced this issues.

1) The windows, rear / front, side view mirrors are a mediocre quality compare to MB and BMW. For example, after washing the car the windows develop a haze withing hrs.

2) The headlight covers pitted withing 3,000 miles diving in Southern Cal.

3) Front and rear brake pads make noise at 3000 miles. Front pads were replaced and just started to make noise again.

I've had my 2011 since Nov 2010 so far has 11,200 miles it's my DD and drove it every day including during one of worst winter New York has seen in over 10yrs and have none of these issue. Based on what you stated there seems to be nothing wrong with your car

1. use better cleaning product
2. sounds like either rock chips other debris hitting front of car while driving can't avoid that other than doing what Cleo stated Clear Bra have one on my car works great.
3.ISF comes with high performance brakes that make noise which is common in high performance brakes. Once again you need to be a little more specific what type of sound is it squealing sound when you apply brakes or is more of chatter type sound? Like Cleo stated follow his advise but be advised depending on which after market company you go with you still may have some brake noise.
Old 11-25-11, 06:09 PM
fraguada1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by davcrz5
I've had my 2011 since Nov 2010 so far has 11,200 miles it's my DD and drove it every day including during one of worst winter New York has seen in over 10yrs and have none of these issue. Based on what you stated there seems to be nothing wrong with your car

1. use better cleaning product
2. sounds like either rock chips other debris hitting front of car while driving can't avoid that other than doing what Cleo stated Clear Bra have one on my car works great.
3.ISF comes with high performance brakes that make noise which is common in high performance brakes. Once again you need to be a little more specific what type of sound is it squealing sound when you apply brakes or is more of chatter type sound? Like Cleo stated follow his advise but be advised depending on which after market company you go with you still may have some brake noise.
Well yes but I'm sure your car had gone through an intense driving conditions and I will then understand why my car is dented and scratched. My point is that my MB had less scratches and no dents w/ 11 years and 142000 miles, .

About the glass on the car is just a very low quality. You had to spend hrs cleaning to get the same results that you get in minutes if you were to have an European car. Sorry to said but we got taken by Lexus,

PS: And lets not start with the service. Is the same as if you bough a Camry.
Old 11-25-11, 06:29 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know wtf you are doing but i do not spend hours cleaning my glass and they come out crystal clear for me.
Old 11-25-11, 06:31 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,904 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Mr. fraguada1 Could you post a pic of your car please? Somehow, what you are saying is just not ringing true. Also, if you're an adult, you need to brush up on your syntax.

Lou
Old 11-25-11, 06:54 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

1. did u use a good product to clean your class? maybe the car was damage and they replace the glass but its not oem quality.
2. I think that is a problem with the 2011 due to the led. is there bubbles, haze, condensation? if there is any of the 3 i think you should let the dealer know.
3. if the brakes are squealling, then it is doing their job. if its make a different noise please record it somehow and post it or show it to the dealer. ur only option to avoid the squeaking brakes are to go aftermarket.
Old 11-25-11, 08:19 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Well yes but I'm sure your car had gone through an intense driving conditions and I will then understand why my car is dented and scratched. My point is that my MB had less scratches and no dents w/ 11 years and 142000 miles, .

Really, Really 142000 miles! wow that MB paint must have been uber stronge, generally speaking if you hav scratches thats either due negligence or some one damaging your car.

About the glass on the car is just a very low quality. You had to spend hrs cleaning to get the same results that you get in minutes if you were to have an European car. Sorry to said but we got taken by Lexus,

This is my second Lexus and I never had problem cleaning the glass ever and I'm sorry this is one lame *** compliant and if your that dissatisfied with your car perhaps you can look into trading it in for European car such MB, BMW, Audi

[B]I don't get this statement can you elaborate further[B]
Old 11-25-11, 09:36 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This guy sounds full of *****. I have near 60k on my car and its hardly as he describes his.

~Dv8
Old 11-25-11, 09:38 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2008 IS-F with 27k miles and i don't have any of those issues. My windows never have any hazing and the headlights are still crystal clear. And i take my car on road trips.
Old 11-25-11, 09:58 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Is this the same guy who was banned for over posting crap?
Old 11-25-11, 10:40 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have 2011 F that is just 5 months old and i have put over 7k miles, I don't have any of these issues...Glass is crystal clear without any haze and i have yet to use any glass cleaner.

Only problem i know with 2011-12 is the headlight bubbling issue which i am pretty sure they will come out with fix/replacement very shortly.

Last edited by Salil022; 11-25-11 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-25-11, 11:42 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're complaining about the quality of the glass? The glass??? You should sell your Lexus and go buy a "European" car. No one got taken by Lexus except for you.

If you think the service is the same as Toyota, that's great. That's still above and beyond what MB or BMW offers their customers.
Old 11-26-11, 12:25 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I think you guys got caught trolling, pretty damn funny though LOL.
Old 11-26-11, 03:16 AM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mines an 09 and have about 30,000 miles and daily it and its in great if not excellent condition. Nothing like what you are describing

Quick Reply: Quality issues ISF 2011 with 6400 miles.