IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tom's or wald rear diffuser?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-11, 03:51 PM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Tom's or wald rear diffuser?

I picked up my 2012 USB earlier in the week. I am debating on adding a rear diffuser. After reading all the threads on the forum, I'm down to either the wald or tom's. Need a little help.

1) Wald - I like the look of the wald but concerned it may look too aggressive if I don't intend to add a front piece. Being in the northeast (snow) and NYC (terrible roads), figure money can be better spent elsewhere then to see it get destroyed. Besides, I'm happy with the look of the stock front. Does anyone have this setup / seen someone with this - feedback?

2) Tom's - seems to be the diffuser of choice. Seen it on many other Fs on this forum. Any particular factors this may be preferred over wald?

Other than that, any feedback on quality or fit would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy reading this thread after long days at work. When I stopped in the dealership, safe to say i knew more about the car than my sales rep - thanks guys for keeping the content great on this forum.
Old 11-26-11, 04:09 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Toms hands down.
Old 11-26-11, 04:42 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2011ISFNY
I picked up my 2012 USB earlier in the week. I am debating on adding a rear diffuser. After reading all the threads on the forum, I'm down to either the wald or tom's. Need a little help.

1) Wald - I like the look of the wald but concerned it may look too aggressive if I don't intend to add a front piece. Being in the northeast (snow) and NYC (terrible roads), figure money can be better spent elsewhere then to see it get destroyed. Besides, I'm happy with the look of the stock front. Does anyone have this setup / seen someone with this - feedback?

2) Tom's - seems to be the diffuser of choice. Seen it on many other Fs on this forum. Any particular factors this may be preferred over wald?

Other than that, any feedback on quality or fit would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy reading this thread after long days at work. When I stopped in the dealership, safe to say i knew more about the car than my sales rep - thanks guys for keeping the content great on this forum.
I'm definitely going to have to disagree and say Wald. It looks way cooler and yes, more aggressive. I think most people buy it for the look as opposed to the performance. I agree with you on the front lip. I live on a road with speed bumps so its not even a consideration for me.
The main preference for the Tom's over the Wald is most likely price. The Wald is almost twice the money...
Old 11-26-11, 05:20 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's tom's
Old 11-26-11, 06:37 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I would choose the TOMS front spoiler over the WALD half bumper. But couple the WALD trunk spoiler and the rear diffuser, it is simply amazing! You can't go wrong either way, but I would choose the WALD rear parts and the TOMS front if I had to.

I've seen both personally on a few IS Fs here in L.A., and the fitment is spot on for both with their keeping the lines of the car even as an add on.
Old 11-27-11, 10:34 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

How about considering the S4Play diffuser? If you like the look of the wald then this might be a more subdued look. Oh and it quiet a bit cheaper in price.
Old 11-27-11, 11:05 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

WALD FTW! lol toms is good if u like a subdue look and not aggressive. but if u want people to notice you more i think the WALD will break even more necks. lol this is how i put it, the toms looks like it actually flow well and belong on the ISF and the Wald is just straight up beastly. not that ur not gonna break necks anyways but with either I think you can't go wrong. i was tempted to get the toms as well but held out for the wald. will probably be puttin it on after the winter.
Old 11-27-11, 01:11 PM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright - three to two for Wald

Looks like I have to scrap up all the loose change around the house to pay up for Wald. I'm planning to order the diffuser for now and maybe the spoiler down the road. I have a feelingit won't go alone for long. I'll post pics after it arrives and installed so you guys can help me judge. Thanks you so much for the input - really appreciate it.
Old 11-27-11, 04:22 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011ISFNY
Alright - three to two for Wald

Looks like I have to scrap up all the loose change around the house to pay up for Wald. I'm planning to order the diffuser for now and maybe the spoiler down the road. I have a feelingit won't go alone for long. I'll post pics after it arrives and installed so you guys can help me judge. Thanks you so much for the input - really appreciate it.
be prepared for a long wait though, i just recently got mines so im not sure how long it will take for yours. this is for either wald or toms. hopefully some vendor have them in stock but if not be prepared.
Old 11-27-11, 06:31 PM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Tom's... its subtle and the fitment is great... the wald is nice but for me its just a bit too aggressive... I will admit though the front spoiler is kinda low, I'm at factory height and I just barely clear the incline into my driveway.. If the NY F's get together you can take a look in person
Old 11-27-11, 06:49 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Tom's is my vote. Wald is too aggressive for me.
Old 11-27-11, 07:57 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

I love the look of both but I love the Wald because of the two circle reflectors.
Old 11-27-11, 10:03 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Wald rear difusser.
Old 11-28-11, 04:01 PM
airvtec
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think price should be an issue. If you're going to spend that kind of money, might as well do what pleases you. Wald is more out there, figuratively & literally. I didn't like the reflectors on the Wald. You can't go wrong with either. Non of them are functional. Just for looks.
Old 11-28-11, 04:28 PM
xjason
Driver

Tom's. Walds looks a bit too crazy for me.

Quick Reply: Tom's or wald rear diffuser?