IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 08:50 AM
madastep
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might be waiting a little while, i know a few places have tried it, most recently in my mind is that Norwood twin turbo ISF with CEL's lit up on EBAY
Old 09-11-12, 08:51 AM
Strokergsr
Driver

just playing around until the rest of the parts come in Elmer! When am I gonna meet you in person? lol

Old 09-11-12, 09:05 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

hey i'm htownisf on h-i! I'd love to check out your shop some time. my headers rub on my motor mounts when I turn and make this annoying knocking sounds. maybe you guys can check it out
Old 09-11-12, 06:29 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Strokergsr
just playing around until the rest of the parts come in Elmer! When am I gonna meet you in person? lol

Uh oh another red F lol
Old 09-11-12, 06:36 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Well guys, quick update. Car has been dropped off but wont get started until end of this week. They are currently working on a fr-s to get tuned and boosted aswell. Same owner of the tacoma. Cant wait to see that outcome. Will try to keep you guys updated with pics and as much stuff as i can.
Cant wait, for this mod money is burning my pockts!1 Oh and again guys ive heard the JDM ECU is very different than ors> is this true im sure its been posted and ive over looked
Old 09-11-12, 07:33 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,999 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Cant wait, for this mod money is burning my pockts!1 Oh and again guys ive heard the JDM ECU is very different than ors> is this true im sure its been posted and ive over looked
JDM ECMs are always very different. Have been ever since the Supra...
Old 09-11-12, 10:11 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
Uh oh another red F lol
I should have bough a red one....damnit.
Old 09-12-12, 02:53 PM
mcauley
Pit Crew

Would anyone no if the uk ecu will be the same as the jp one or the USA ecu.
Old 09-12-12, 04:19 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Stroker!!!!!!!! Sup bro. Man you tell me when and i can go brother. I have 3 sick days at work i need to use up before october 1st, so i can go over there, see the shop, catch something to eat, take a few pics of the before and after with the car. Cant wait for it man! Idk how soon imma be able to turbo mine, since i just got my second home, but trust me imma boost it as soon as i get a chance!
Old 09-12-12, 08:55 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much is it running nowadays to turbo our cars? im really looking into it thats y either that or a supercharger but i just wanna make sure that its tuneable so im not ****ed in the end if u know wut i mean with all the lights in my cluster lighting up..
Old 09-13-12, 06:52 PM
rapsquared
Driver

Well going through this thread, you can see there isnt a set cost to attempt to turbo a car. A brief breakdown of current cost for this project is listed a little ways back. Its looking like this is the most promising endeavor so far and will be worth every penny if it produces good gains
Old 09-13-12, 07:12 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

So met up with evan today(strokergsr) and guy is laid back and chill. Also his car is clean. Its been a long time since i got in a stock f. I remember why i fell in love with that soothing roar. So, he dynoed his car and numbers were pretty strong @ 330whp, and was able to make 360whp with just the box pushed/moved back. Which leads me to think some people get results, some dont, and weather may have alot to do with it. They will be conducting alot of tests once proefi is running on the my car, and on strokers car aswell. Cant wait to see the results.

On a sidenote, the frs turbo kit looks amazing!!!!!!! Cant wait to see the numbers it makes.
Old 09-17-12, 02:17 AM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

took me almost 2 hours to read through this thread (while i was still tentatively listening to my girlfriend talk ). looks promising!!! excited!
Old 09-17-12, 03:53 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Fast
So met up with evan today(strokergsr) and guy is laid back and chill. Also his car is clean. Its been a long time since i got in a stock f. I remember why i fell in love with that soothing roar. So, he dynoed his car and numbers were pretty strong @ 330whp, and was able to make 360whp with just the box pushed/moved back. Which leads me to think some people get results, some dont, and weather may have alot to do with it. They will be conducting alot of tests once proefi is running on the my car, and on strokers car aswell. Cant wait to see the results.

On a sidenote, the frs turbo kit looks amazing!!!!!!! Cant wait to see the numbers it makes.
Excuse my ignorance but what is this "box" you're referring to?
Old 09-17-12, 05:35 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Intake box. No ignorance taken, i should have been more clear about what i was saying Believe me, i know what results have been before and and read through threads about comparisons. I have, and i dont need to re-read them either, but simply put, alot has to do with weather conditions. He got results, while others havent. Its just one of those things. Regardless, they will be conducting a serious of tests and dyno sheets to show numbers without and with tune. They should be starting sometime this week. I cant wait to call in sick at work and see them work on this!!!!!

Quick Reply: ECU tuning