IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-12, 03:41 PM
bondango
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcauley
Why can't they just stop the direct Injectors and increase the size of the port injectors just like all other cars?
The direct injectors are cooled by fuel flowing through them. no fuel and they heat up, when they heat up they cause major DET that will destroy and engine..and have..

You would need to pull the heads and have the DI head ports blocked, and while your at it you may aswell switch in some normal style pistons with a lower CR
Old 10-08-12, 10:30 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

To add to this thread, yes we are still waiting on connectors. And from what i know, thrre is almost no timin on this engine, so gains are going to be worth the tune once timing is pulled. Strokergsr(Evan) and the D3 team (Chris and Dave, who did the awesome tig work ) are very well known in houston, have alot of support from many, MANY high end car owners. With that said, this is why i am feeling very safe in leaving my car in their hands and knowing that sooner than later, we will have a tune for the F. Me along with Strokergsr will be tuned, him possibly on juice, me all motor (for now) and after a few thousand miles we will be boostig the F. As stated earlier in the thread a few things are getting made now that WILL be needed, no questions asked. If more is asked from the car you will need these components;

Transmission oil cooler
Engine oil cooler

Trying to figure out how to do the engine oil cooler sisnce it is a cartridge filter. But research will get done. When playing on a back road in austin early sept, i noticed my transmission temp, engine oil temp, and my engine coolant temp were high after only 15 min of hard pushing. So with boost and more power, we will def need a better cooling system. These are getting developed.

Not much of an update but something, dont want you guys to think im out of the pic. Im 100% committed to this.
Old 10-08-12, 11:01 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by F4Fast
To add to this thread, yes we are still waiting on connectors. And from what i know, thrre is almost no timin on this engine, so gains are going to be worth the tune once timing is pulled. Strokergsr(Evan) and the D3 team (Chris and Dave, who did the awesome tig work ) are very well known in houston, have alot of support from many, MANY high end car owners. With that said, this is why i am feeling very safe in leaving my car in their hands and knowing that sooner than later, we will have a tune for the F. Me along with Strokergsr will be tuned, him possibly on juice, me all motor (for now) and after a few thousand miles we will be boostig the F. As stated earlier in the thread a few things are getting made now that WILL be needed, no questions asked. If more is asked from the car you will need these components;

Transmission oil cooler
Engine oil cooler

Trying to figure out how to do the engine oil cooler sisnce it is a cartridge filter. But research will get done. When playing on a back road in austin early sept, i noticed my transmission temp, engine oil temp, and my engine coolant temp were high after only 15 min of hard pushing. So with boost and more power, we will def need a better cooling system. These are getting developed.

Not much of an update but something, dont want you guys to think im out of the pic. Im 100% committed to this.
+1, I was definately stoked as we walked around Coffee and Cars and everyone was checkin them out as if they were superstars lol; and then the leader of the Lamborghini group, asked him to spec custom exhaust, tuning, and setups for his multiple ferraris and lambos I was quite impressed...
Old 10-08-12, 11:10 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this has been covered in and out before. On my supercharger setup we used the AEM FIC and everyone complained about it what came down to it not working was hood clearance bc of the intake manifold not moving enough air.

but ill put this out there
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TyDykjxq4crU8w
Old 10-08-12, 11:29 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
I know this has been covered in and out before. On my supercharger setup we used the AEM FIC and everyone complained about it what came down to it not working was hood clearance bc of the intake manifold not moving enough air.

but ill put this out there
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TyDykjxq4crU8w

Im sure once the whole project is done and underway, we will find new bugs that we know nothing off because it hasnt been done. Another thing, that icode, seems to wrk, but we will have to rely on someone overseas for a tune, whereas these guys are located in states. If this did go through and worked fine, who would you go for?

Answer is pretty much there for you.
Old 10-08-12, 04:41 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Im also in for a stateside tuning option but while I wait...im gonna track down an ecu and send to novel to have them use the sard ecu writer to tune the ecu. Once I get it back..ill report back
Old 10-08-12, 08:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

Originally Posted by amgone75
Im also in for a stateside tuning option but while I wait...im gonna track down an ecu and send to novel to have them use the sard ecu writer to tune the ecu. Once I get it back..ill report back
Be prepared for it to be bricked. Toyota has been notorious for making the JDM and US ECMs fundamentally different. If it works, it will truly be a breakthrough.
Old 10-09-12, 10:00 AM
Strokergsr
Driver

For the record, we are NOT developing another "piggy-back" system.
Old 10-09-12, 04:24 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Strokergsr
It went over me bro.

As stated before, this tune will be running in parallel/series with the stock ecu
Old 10-10-12, 07:05 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Strokergsr
Sounds like you're taking the UTEC approach. Taking complete control over injectors etc when certain parameters are hit. Not modifying pulse width and like which tends to **** off the ECU and causes the smart ones to compensate for over time. (which makes for toasted engines)
Old 10-15-12, 06:28 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Quick update:

Patch harness are on their way. Should be arriving this week and hopefully all is done by IFO. Wanna run it and see whats the best numbers i can run on it.

http://instagr.am/p/QybSHNkCSY/
Quick shot of my baby while drving to Dallas.

Last edited by F4Fast; 10-15-12 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-15-12, 07:09 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by F4Fast
http://instagr.am/p/QybSHNkCSY/
Quick shot of my baby while drving to Dallas.
Great pic!
Old 10-15-12, 07:19 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boma
Great pic!

Thanks. My phone has been SLOW since the new update so i cant load it up on photobucket.
Old 10-15-12, 08:44 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

http://instagr.am/p/Q1AfTzkCaJ/

Look what came in fellas

Oh yea, its happening. Times 2.
Old 10-15-12, 10:27 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

Cant wait for this to happen