IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12 | 07:41 PM
Bugermass
Driver School Candidate

Should have the car running on the ProEFI next week. Waiting on a custom pressure sensor for the high pressure side. We're planning on taking over one function at a time. First we will take over ignition control. Then fuel injectors/high pressure pump. Then DBW and CAM control if needed.

We will have to tackle the codes produced at each stage. We'll keep you informed.
Old 12-05-12 | 07:42 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Not a bad up date
Old 12-06-12 | 12:21 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bugermass
Should have the car running on the ProEFI next week. Waiting on a custom pressure sensor for the high pressure side. We're planning on taking over one function at a time. First we will take over ignition control. Then fuel injectors/high pressure pump. Then DBW and CAM control if needed.

We will have to tackle the codes produced at each stage. We'll keep you informed.
Thanks for the update! You guys keeping the suspense on!
Old 12-06-12 | 09:05 AM
Wakemaker8
Driver

It's funny that this got bumped to the top as I was thinking about it and looked through some of the old posts just a few days ago. Glad to hear that there is something coming along and not completely dead.
Old 12-06-12 | 01:48 PM
darbs242
Racer

Its amazing how bad people want this, 19 pages of no real results at all, I really hope it works. It sucks to put in a lot of money and time to not get a good result... I learned that with the intake manifold, someone has to take a dive for the group. Keep the updates coming!
Old 12-06-12 | 04:00 PM
JC23
Rookie

please!we need this lol
Old 12-07-12 | 07:24 AM
staman
Pole Position
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by darbs242
Its amazing how bad people want this, 19 pages of no real results at all, I really hope it works. It sucks to put in a lot of money and time to not get a good result... I learned that with the intake manifold, someone has to take a dive for the group. Keep the updates coming!
Whats even more amazing is this thread was started by a guy who didn't even own an ISF and had no idea what he was talking about. He had a Greddy built GTR (until the turbos exploded im sure) and he informed us that his buddies at Greddy would have it cracked in a couple weeks. We all informed him he was sadly mistaken and then he just disappeared. I GUARANTEE you guys 6 months from now you'll still be talking about it.
Old 12-07-12 | 08:06 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darbs242
Nineteen Pages is nothin'

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...breakdown.html

Lou
Old 12-07-12 | 08:59 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by staman
Whats even more amazing is this thread was started by a guy who didn't even own an ISF and had no idea what he was talking about. He had a Greddy built GTR (until the turbos exploded im sure) and he informed us that his buddies at Greddy would have it cracked in a couple weeks. We all informed him he was sadly mistaken and then he just disappeared. I GUARANTEE you guys 6 months from now you'll still be talking about it.
Agreed...and by then, I will have sold my IS F
Old 12-07-12 | 11:11 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

^
Buy a GT-R while you wait for the IS-F ECU to be cracked.

I think theyre making much more an effort to crack it than in the past. Too much whining and complaining here. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, give one of the many tuning outfits a call and see what they can do for you.
Driving 16 injectors is nothing new for the likes of companies such as EcuTek and Syvecs.

~Dv8
Old 12-07-12 | 05:00 PM
darbs242
Racer

+1, although I feel im in quite deep with mods into my F, to quit when its so close to being perfect. I cant , i love it to much
Old 12-10-12 | 01:19 AM
bondango
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
^
Buy a GT-R while you wait for the IS-F ECU to be cracked.

I think theyre making much more an effort to crack it than in the past. Too much whining and complaining here. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, give one of the many tuning outfits a call and see what they can do for you.
Driving 16 injectors is nothing new for the likes of companies such as EcuTek and Syvecs.

~Dv8
NO ECU COMPANY has been able to get the 2UR-GSE running in full standalone mode with all functions intact.
Have you any idea how complex it is to mimic the d4s system? never mind VVTI-E. then you have the job of mimicing all the CANBUS communication that goes on between the stock ecu and the car.

Old hat 4 banger technology is easy, you can run 32 injectors if you want, unfortunately these cars are a little more modern than that.

AEM is working on the gt86/ft at the moment, which uses the same d4s system but on 4 injectors on port and di and but no vvite control. Hydra should be finished the gt88/ft standalone too quite soon in 2013, and thats a car with a massive market compared to the IS-F and both companies have been at development for quite some time.

easy route?? Ditch d4s, ditch VVtie, change pistons, get DI head ports welded up, install bigger injectors in port, run a full standalone, learn/Mimic all stock ecu CANBUS functions so everything else works with it. - Not really easy is it?
Old 12-10-12 | 01:22 PM
rapsquared
Driver

The car I drove did it perfect. It just cost alot. It was a motec controlling the functions with a split second ecu giving false information to the ecu in order to keep it happy with the things the motec was changing.
Old 12-10-12 | 04:45 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

The IS-F is no mystery ECM, its just not popular enough to get a whole team of highly paid engineers working on it. Ecutek has released its full tuning reflash of the new FRS/BRZ, along with GT-R reflashes on big HP builds, with multiple sets of high and low pressure injectors withing one system and on the factory ecm. Syvecs has gone even further with their own standalone.
Anyway, where theres a huge market theres potential.

Call this guy and tell him why EcuTek needs to make a IS-F reflash. He told me he needs a working ecm to at least get the ball rolling, so source him a wreaked IS-F.Then wait 2 yrs...lol

John@vTune.us
www.vTune.us
203-856-9946

~Dv8

Originally Posted by bondango
NO ECU COMPANY has been able to get the 2UR-GSE running in full standalone mode with all functions intact.
Have you any idea how complex it is to mimic the d4s system? never mind VVTI-E. then you have the job of mimicing all the CANBUS communication that goes on between the stock ecu and the car.

Old hat 4 banger technology is easy, you can run 32 injectors if you want, unfortunately these cars are a little more modern than that.

AEM is working on the gt86/ft at the moment, which uses the same d4s system but on 4 injectors on port and di and but no vvite control. Hydra should be finished the gt88/ft standalone too quite soon in 2013, and thats a car with a massive market compared to the IS-F and both companies have been at development for quite some time.

easy route?? Ditch d4s, ditch VVtie, change pistons, get DI head ports welded up, install bigger injectors in port, run a full standalone, learn/Mimic all stock ecu CANBUS functions so everything else works with it. - Not really easy is it?
Old 12-10-12 | 10:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

^^give him a call and you'll hear the same story we've all heard. Oh, wait, that's Toyota, not Subaru. We can't crack it. We'll have to go piggyback. The FRS and BRZ are using Subaru's engine management, not Toyota's.

Quick Reply: ECU tuning