IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-12, 11:18 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Yup exactly, tuning a Subaru ECU is nothing new for them. They are powered with a Subaru boxer engine, not Toyota powered.
Old 12-11-12, 04:27 AM
bondango
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
The IS-F is no mystery ECM, its just not popular enough to get a whole team of highly paid engineers working on it. Ecutek has released its full tuning reflash of the new FRS/BRZ, along with GT-R reflashes on big HP builds, with multiple sets of high and low pressure injectors withing one system and on the factory ecm. Syvecs has gone even further with their own standalone.
Anyway, where theres a huge market theres potential.

Call this guy and tell him why EcuTek needs to make a IS-F reflash. He told me he needs a working ecm to at least get the ball rolling, so source him a wreaked IS-F.Then wait 2 yrs...lol

John@vTune.us
www.vTune.us
203-856-9946

~Dv8
the IS-F ecm cannot be flashed end off, so its either piggyback or standalone. Standalone has yet to be done..Motec cant control the denos HPF pumps just bosch ones. The gt86 running the 2urgse was motec, and 5 engines later they realised that the DI injectors need fuel flowing through them to keep them cool, otherwise they just heat up and DET the engine.

To go full standalone on the IS-f take a LOT of research and reverse engineering, BUT the company to get it done with control the IS-F market.

Once this has been done the Modifications Forums will no longer look a joke with look at my new fog light mod or **** like that, supercharging and turbo charging this engine will become easy.

I have a 2ur-gse which is being built with twin gt35's at the moment, im building my own trans ecu for the aa80e box, and just praying for the day someone can supply me with an ECU to control this engine.
Old 12-13-12, 02:12 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone,

Iv'e followed this thread and would like to give you guys some info from what I have done with my ISF. I have the only custom single turbo set up on my F at least that we know of that is putting out excellent power more infact then the guys with nitrous and twin turbo set ups. I have spent a lot of time researching ecu tuning and so far its a dead end. For the guys trying to make a wiring harness that adapts to the ecu and stand-alone your going to be disapointed. The ecu is very very smart and if you actually get it to work you will only have problems and your dash will be lit up like a christmas tree. If you have the money to spend your looking about 8-10k to do it you will have to plumb in a completely seperate fuel system which that you can tune to get the fuel issue solved. Its major custom work but we are already working on it. Right now with the mods we have done I'm over 650whp running a stable 4psi and can bump to 6psi at most with out leaning out. Also I would recommend guys running turbo kits to install a meth injection kit, it helps.
Old 12-13-12, 02:22 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

boosted where are you located in IL? would love to see you F!!!!!
Old 12-13-12, 02:55 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Boosted, I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to see pics of your setup. Do you have pics of your dyno sheet and videos of any dyno runs? I'm curious to see the power curve. Since nobody has successfully created a well running turbo or supercharger kit, any info you can provide us would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-12, 03:10 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

EGI I'm in the Chicago suburbs.

The car is a beast on the street. If you guys want to get more power out of the car you need to really build the motor an not just do bolt on's. Your going to spend some good money but its like any other toy or girlfriend you get you know. Putting headers, exhaust, intake you can get some good results, a suggestion is having the manifold an throttle body ported an polished an if you can afford it have some head work done also. We also found that running larger fuel lines helps a little bit.

With the work being done over the winter on my F we should have no problem hitting the 1000whp mark with the work we have done so far. I give a good luck to any of you guys trying to go the stand-alone route with those custom wiring harnesses.
Old 12-13-12, 03:17 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Sorry but I'm not going to give out to much info. I'm sure you all are very sceptical about my F. I will try to get some pics up but I'm not going to show any pics of the turbo work. I will though say I'm running a big Comp turbo.
Old 12-13-12, 05:24 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedISF
Sorry but I'm not going to give out to much info. I'm sure you all are very sceptical about my F. I will try to get some pics up but I'm not going to show any pics of the turbo work. I will though say I'm running a big Comp turbo.
Why the secrecy?
Old 12-13-12, 06:04 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

It's nothing personal but when we are all finished we plan on possibly marketing the kit, which we will also include all of the info on the internal engine work.
Old 12-13-12, 06:06 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

So is that mean your F is Tuned ? all i want is a tuned
Old 12-13-12, 06:08 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm in the burbs also. I understand if your going to release this kit why your not giving info. Really hope to see this in person.
Old 12-13-12, 06:12 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

^
BoostedISF is following CL Sales, Solicitation and Advertising rules and until he is a Vendor he won't be able to market the kit here.
Old 12-13-12, 06:13 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Something to add to this topic, We have come across some info that there are codes for the ECU tuning but the problem is you have to get that info from Japan an its a heavy cost some where around 20k from what info we received but that's a ruff number and were not 100% sure what or how much tuning can be done with those codes.
Old 12-13-12, 06:15 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah understood, a member here amgon75 is in Japan right now, hopefully he can get more info about that .
Old 12-13-12, 06:18 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

EGI if you have attended any of the car shows in this area this summer you may have seen my F, it's silver with stretched rear fenders and a big star on each side an also a lot of carbon fiber.

Quick Reply: ECU tuning