IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12 | 06:23 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Blitz

Ya we found that info out this summer and tried getting more info but the people we were in contact with we're not helping us much so it's kind of up in the air. We have recently contacted a lexus racing team out there to see if they have any more info so if I hear anything I will post it up.
Old 12-13-12 | 06:23 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BoostedISF
Sorry but I'm not going to give out to much info. I'm sure you all are very sceptical about my F. I will try to get some pics up but I'm not going to show any pics of the turbo work. I will though say I'm running a big Comp turbo.
I'm not gonna give out much info either, but my IS F is turbo charged and super charged. I bet it's faster than your IS F.
Old 12-13-12 | 06:27 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

I really appreciated there are members here including myself willing to chip in 2k to 3k each to hopefully get our F tuned. Novel rep was here last month , they said it might work with our F's. So if 25k to 30k for 10 F's tuned that should be really good . Great hope for our car in the future
Old 12-13-12 | 06:48 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I'm not gonna give out much info either, but my IS F is turbo charged and super charged. I bet it's faster than your IS F.
So thats how you tore apart your trans.... HAHAHAHA

Last edited by zapa; 12-13-12 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-13-12 | 06:59 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Just F Me

What brand super charger are you running?
Old 12-13-12 | 07:03 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Zapa

So far knock on wood I've had no problems with the trans. There really isn't much info on the F trans and what type of power it will handle. I've been waiting for that time to come when I do brake something.
Old 12-13-12 | 07:08 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BoostedISF
Zapa

So far knock on wood I've had no problems with the trans. There really isn't much info on the F trans and what type of power it will handle. I've been waiting for that time to come when I do brake something.
Ya no one really knows what type of power it can handle but I'm guessing that 1000 hp will tear it apart. You might want to crack the case and get the gears cryo treated. Though im not sure how much that is going to help. You are eventually gonna have to get a built transmission.

Also JUST F ME is screwing with you... I think he is skeptical that you actually are boosted. I am also
Old 12-13-12 | 09:28 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zapa
So thats how you tore apart your trans.... HAHAHAHA
Lets stay on topic Zapa
Old 12-14-12 | 08:55 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Please keep on topic guys. Many of us are skeptical but lets not add pages of off topic posts to an already lengthy thread.
Old 12-14-12 | 09:17 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caymandive
Please keep on topic guys. Many of us are skeptical but lets not add pages of off topic posts to an already lengthy thread.
Well then I think BOOSTEDISF should make his own thread so that people can go to there to read about whatever information he doesn't want to provide.

All he will do to this thread is add skepticism to this thread and this thread as you say is long already. He's a new member, not even a dozen posts to his name yet. Who should take him seriously especially when he doesn't want to provide info?

I hope for a tune for all the people following this thread so they can just get what they want and we'll have less talk about ECU tuning and can move on.
Old 12-14-12 | 09:36 AM
staman
Pole Position
CL Folding 500000

1,000 HP through an IS-F trans. LMAO
Old 12-14-12 | 10:02 AM
madastep
Pole Position

I doesn't sound like he's boasting at all. it makes complete sense. It 's what i do with my nitrous, why not with a turbo. Secondary fuel system only has to really account for the 20% difference the stock fuel system will vari with the increased air flow. but a MAF sensor in the right place could help with that.
But who wants two of everything if you don't have too. which is why some are waiting just to see if Pro EFI will have a solution. Their systems even have their own traction control from what i've seen.
Is there a way yet to just lie to the stock system and tell it, everything is ok?
Old 12-14-12 | 10:10 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

My trans couldn't even handle 416hp...LOL
Old 12-14-12 | 01:09 PM
BoostedISF
Driver School Candidate

Madastep

Iv'e looked into Pro EFI and they may come out with something but they have no time frame. Motek is also working on a system. How long do you want to wait though that is why we have gone the route an designed a set up to run a complete seperate fuel system that we can tune with out messing with ECU and stock fuel system. You are right on the sensor positions also, we have made changes there when we installed a AEM Meth injection kit and had no issues.
Old 12-14-12 | 03:09 PM
bondango
Driver School Candidate

why another fuel system. the isf already as two. one of which is a piece of **** to control - the port injectors. id and dw do drop ins that fit the 2urgse. timing can also be easily controlled and if you spend a week or 2 and have any clue what your doing you can go speed density and do away with the maf and fudge o2 signals for boos.... it only takes a mapecu3 and some intelligence. the isf engine functions apart from vvtie and di are controlled just like any other lexus/toyota in the last 10 years. and modifying the denso hpf pumps for more pressure aswell as fudging the rail pressure signal for boost compensation on the di delivery side is straight forward. his ecu isnt magical. its just locked..like every other lexus toyota..

Quick Reply: ECU tuning