IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-13, 02:19 AM
Brian85ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The cams in the 2UR-GSE are unique in their construction. There are no cast blanks, so whomever takes this on will be up against a very difficult challenge. Not saying it can't be done, just saying it will require someone who is not motivated by profit because it's going to be really hard to recoup costs on this project.
Thanks for the honest reply.

It is April 25, 2013 Thread bumping to see how is the proefi setup working out for you? Was looking forward to seeing a updated dyno video, track, street run.
Old 04-29-13, 07:50 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Ok guys, been one hell of a long time with no reply to you guys or updates. MrSlay is right, i WAS gonna be selling the car due to some personal problems that i had going on, but since all that is out of the way, the green light has been given. D3PE has an AMAZING shop and its not even 100% settled in yet. Their dyno setup is the ONLY dyno in houston and one of few maybe in texas that will have true fans and their own separate dyno room. With tx2k, ifo, atb and other work they have picked up, its been hard for them to keep it 100% on the car especially with me telling them to hold off.

Now, we will be wrkn on the car this week with dyno numbers for a D3PE axleback, center section and stock exhaust numbers. Once all are in, there will be kits sold for the isf, with either axleback and center section, OR the axle back, centersection, AND SIKKY headers, as D3PE is now a vendor for them. Also the transmission cooler kit and catch can will be something that will be a goody for customers. I love my trans cooler. After ******* it at the track all day i never felt the tranny act sluggish or shifting slower. Very happy with the oil cooler and im sure they will have their input on here later this week.

Once we hae numbers on the exhaust, we will start wrkn on the turbo setup, front or rear mount not sure yet, but it will be tuned. Wrkn on a few more goodies for tuning, but as stated before, them moving and alot of projects had them backed up. But we are gonna be jumping on it real soon.
Old 04-29-13, 07:58 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so will this package include a tune?
Old 04-29-13, 04:01 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Ok guys, been one hell of a long time with no reply to you guys or updates. MrSlay is right, i WAS gonna be selling the car due to some personal problems that i had going on, but since all that is out of the way, the green light has been given. D3PE has an AMAZING shop and its not even 100% settled in yet. Their dyno setup is the ONLY dyno in houston and one of few maybe in texas that will have true fans and their own separate dyno room. With tx2k, ifo, atb and other work they have picked up, its been hard for them to keep it 100% on the car especially with me telling them to hold off.

Now, we will be wrkn on the car this week with dyno numbers for a D3PE axleback, center section and stock exhaust numbers. Once all are in, there will be kits sold for the isf, with either axleback and center section, OR the axle back, centersection, AND SIKKY headers, as D3PE is now a vendor for them. Also the transmission cooler kit and catch can will be something that will be a goody for customers. I love my trans cooler. After ******* it at the track all day i never felt the tranny act sluggish or shifting slower. Very happy with the oil cooler and im sure they will have their input on here later this week.

Once we hae numbers on the exhaust, we will start wrkn on the turbo setup, front or rear mount not sure yet, but it will be tuned. Wrkn on a few more goodies for tuning, but as stated before, them moving and alot of projects had them backed up. But we are gonna be jumping on it real soon.
finally...good news! love it to cause its local to me
Old 04-29-13, 06:32 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cant wait! I wonder how much these said packages are going to cost... ? The suspense builds and now we wait... ... ... LOL
Old 04-30-13, 08:07 PM
Bugermass
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys its been a while since I've posted. We had to put dev on hold for a while as Elmer had some personal issues to deal with and our shop dev car has been out of commission for a month or so now (had a minor fender bender waiting for it to get fixed).. We have finally moved into our new shop space and Elmer has dropped his car back off to us, so we will be getting back on dev very soon. We ran into some complications with some of the sub systems on the car once we started taking over engine functions so my next step is to develop work arounds for some of these issues. I've already got some ideas and have total support from ProEFI to write me whatever code I need to make the ECU do whatever I need it to do. Its just a matter of time and effort .. I am good friends with Garth at Undercover Performance and we had a misscomunication about how far along we were on getting the ProEFI to work on the car, but soon it will be a reality.

We will continue to update you guys as we have more GOOD NEWS! There is some other stuff in the works as well that I can't post up yet.. Its gonna be suwweeeettt..

-Chris

D3 Performance Engineering
Old 04-30-13, 09:48 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugermass
Sorry guys its been a while since I've posted. We had to put dev on hold for a while as Elmer had some personal issues to deal with and our shop dev car has been out of commission for a month or so now (had a minor fender bender waiting for it to get fixed).. We have finally moved into our new shop space and Elmer has dropped his car back off to us, so we will be getting back on dev very soon. We ran into some complications with some of the sub systems on the car once we started taking over engine functions so my next step is to develop work arounds for some of these issues. I've already got some ideas and have total support from ProEFI to write me whatever code I need to make the ECU do whatever I need it to do. Its just a matter of time and effort .. I am good friends with Garth at Undercover Performance and we had a misscomunication about how far along we were on getting the ProEFI to work on the car, but soon it will be a reality.

We will continue to update you guys as we have more GOOD NEWS! There is some other stuff in the works as well that I can't post up yet.. Its gonna be suwweeeettt..

-Chris

D3 Performance Engineering
Welcome back. We are patiently waiting
Old 05-01-13, 03:54 PM
Magnumpsi
Driver School Candidate

Hmm I have lots of questions. I am not concerned with the ProEFI but the stock ECU side of this car.

First of all what ECU is in this car? I see mention of Bosch but does anyone know what family ECU it is?

Second if anyone knows the ECU family does anyone happen to know what processor it is using?

Third how is Lexus changing software on these cars? Dealership I am assuming is the only one with tools to do it?

Fourth What is the name of the tool?

That is all for now. I have searched this with no viable answer so I am requesting data.

Thanks,

Mitch

Last edited by Magnumpsi; 05-01-13 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 08:14 PM
Bugermass
Driver School Candidate

Its not a Bosch ECU I know that for sure, and if I knew what processor it had I'd already be working on reflash software. Unfortunatly its damn near impossible to figure out what chipset its using because toyota does such a great job of preventing that.
Old 05-01-13, 11:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

The processor is custom. That's the biggest part of the problem after the encryption they use.
Old 05-02-13, 11:05 PM
Magnumpsi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The processor is custom. That's the biggest part of the problem after the encryption they use.
Any idea what encryption they use? Rsa present or any idea the size of the encryptions?

Anyone have a spare ecu they want to sell?

Mitch
Old 05-04-13, 04:25 PM
Bugermass
Driver School Candidate

I have one that my guy has been probing at for a while now. Trying to find which pins on the ECU are for COMs. From what I've been told by a Lexus powertrain engineer, even if we find them, any CMD we send will lock up the ECU unless its the correct one.
Old 05-06-13, 02:10 PM
Magnumpsi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bugermass
I have one that my guy has been probing at for a while now. Trying to find which pins on the ECU are for COMs. From what I've been told by a Lexus powertrain engineer, even if we find them, any CMD we send will lock up the ECU unless its the correct one.
What are the chances you could send me pictures of the ECU case opened as well as any pics of the case?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 05-14-13, 08:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

IS350 ECM exposed:

The F ECM is pretty much physically the same with more bits for the extra two cylinders. I didn't open it and take pictures when I did the valve lash check.
Old 05-15-13, 04:22 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks a little more complicated than your average laptop mother board.

Quick Reply: ECU tuning