IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ECU tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-12, 09:28 AM
faeflora
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I'm not holding my breath either based on the lack of results from every other person/company that has tried so far.

That being said...I'm also not going to do anything but encourage anybody who is going to take the time to try something that would help out the ISF community...whether they are successful or not.

Internet forums are a great way for people to share information and passion for various things. So far, your few and mostly negative comments on this forum can't be considered as contributions to this forum/community.
Similar to what your signature says,

"Clicking the Like button does not make things happen".

Thus far this thread has just been a circlejerk with nothing material.
Old 08-12-12, 06:35 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by faeflora
Similar to what your signature says,

"Clicking the Like button does not make things happen".

Thus far this thread has just been a circlejerk with nothing material.
As this is coming from my regard of my engineering feild as I love pure datas, skill, and profession of acquiring and applying scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge, in order to design and also build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes, but as a human your information contributed is un-needed/ un-wanted and for sake of others, FEAFLORA, I understand people have discretion and opinions but your comments are outrageous, non-sensical, and provide little to zero data and you are flat out spamming negative info on this forum I wish a moderator would ban you..

F4Fast as many others are trying to obtain data to help contribute to a cause to help isf owners as us to break a barrier for bettertechnological advancement for power applications for our car. This is an extensive process that cost money, time, etc. May not be "practical" or "possible", but that will be left up to the solution. So thus im excited and give mad props to those volunteering their time and money toward possibilities we one day can benefit from.

Last edited by StealthFF; 08-12-12 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-12-12, 06:42 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^^^^^ +1

Last edited by zapa; 08-12-12 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-12-12, 08:01 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StealthFF
As this is coming from my regard of my engineering feild as I love pure datas, skill, and profession of acquiring and applying scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge, in order to design and also build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes, but as a human your information contributed is un-needed/ un-wanted and for sake of others, FEAFLORA, I understand people have discretion and opinions but your comments are outrageous, non-sensical, and provide little to zero data and you are flat out spamming negative info on this forum I wish a moderator would ban you..

F4Fast as many others are trying to obtain data to help contribute to a cause to help isf owners as us to break a barrier for bettertechnological advancement for power applications for our car. This is an extensive process that cost money, time, etc. May not be "practical" or "possible", but that will be left up to the solution. So thus im excited and give mad props to those volunteering their time and money toward possibilities we one day can benefit from.
you gotta pay to play. it's ridiculous how many people are ready to knock on Elmer but i don't see any cash flying out of their pockets to help this effort. i love Elmer's enthusiasm in regards to his F. takes ***** to throw your money towards something that may get you nowhere in an effort to help yourself and the community. bet alot of these guys would eat their words if he's successful...i can already see them willing to fork up their dough then after the risk is minimized
Old 08-12-12, 09:44 PM
faeflora
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StealthFF

Props don't build castles, sweat does.

Captain elmer has not reported anything material. I have seen nothing in this thread about turbocharging essentials such as:

injector capability
fuel pump capability
MAF map range
MAF range
manifold fitament
piping fitament
timing intercept

Frankly, it's great that you're a fan of "science", but it doesn't take much science or engineering to make a turbo kit. You put the pieces in, add fuel and trim timing and don't make the motor knock. That's about it. You and most everyone else in this thread is ignorant about turbocharging. There's nothing wrong with ignorance, but cheerleading because you're ignorant isn't gonna make anything happen either.
Old 08-13-12, 04:49 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Didnt the OP have his car up for sale? I believe it was the black TT car on ebay that everyone was making noise about in another thread.
Old 08-13-12, 10:41 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,066 Likes on 2,463 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Didnt the OP have his car up for sale? I believe it was the black TT car on ebay that everyone was making noise about in another thread.
No, that was Bob Norwood's car. He's in Dallas, not Houston.
Old 08-13-12, 10:47 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,066 Likes on 2,463 Posts

Originally Posted by faeflora
Props don't build castles, sweat does.

Captain elmer has not reported anything material. I have seen nothing in this thread about turbocharging essentials such as:

injector capability
fuel pump capability
MAF map range
MAF range
manifold fitament
piping fitament
timing intercept

Frankly, it's great that you're a fan of "science", but it doesn't take much science or engineering to make a turbo kit. You put the pieces in, add fuel and trim timing and don't make the motor knock. That's about it. You and most everyone else in this thread is ignorant about turbocharging. There's nothing wrong with ignorance, but cheerleading because you're ignorant isn't gonna make anything happen either.
Really? That simple? Damn, I've been doing it wrong all these years studying compressor maps and trying to optimize the setup so it won't overspeed or surge. I must be one of those ignorant ones.

How about - there's not much engineering AFTER someone else has done all the homework to correctly size the piping, the turbo(s), the fuel system from the pump to the injectors, the intercooler, the throttlebody, the manifold, the port size, the valve size, the cam timing and lift, ensure the valve springs are strong enough to not blow open under boost, provide some kind of guidance for ignition maps and fuel maps, etc, etc,

Sure it's easy after someone else does all the engineering. The alternative is an unlimited budget to replace engine components when you detonate the thing to death from getting it wrong. This is also known as Horner's Five Thumb postulate.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-13-12 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-13-12, 02:09 PM
madastep
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, that was Bob Norwood's car. He's in Dallas, not Houston.
I thought the same thing Slay....
Old 08-13-12, 04:28 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

OMG, i am so sorry Captain dip**** faeflora, i was unaware i had to report frequently. I remember posting earlier when i did have a big update i would, but as of right now my updates are small, something that would have to be talked about whenever YOU are ready to get your car worked on.

As explained by some, especially lobuxracer who is probably one of the most knowledgeable toyota guys on this forum and who teabagged you in the nicest way possible, it takes alot, ALOT ot time research and effort to do this. Your right, castles are built on sweat and not props, but money, time patience and ideas is what make a castle.

So with this said, the green light was given and yes we will be able to control timing. I have the ecu sent out to match the plug and make sure we dont cut any of the original wiring. I guess imma report the little i have since some people get impatient and start making foul comments instead of asking whats going on.

Injectors, we have 16 of them, the 8 on the manifold DO NOT have a return system, which is something that we will have to change. The fuel rail have been made for it already, along with the trans oil cooler thats getting built. One problem we may face is that the fuel pumps have separate drivers and we may not be able to control the oem drivers, so we may have to install our own drivers which will run more money, more time, more patience. Im trying to have my castle built right, not half *** fuel pumps will not be enough, they removed and and checked the space to get a idea on fuel PUMPS(yes plural, more than one getting installed). Since i have headers on my car they are going from that design and incorporating a turbo behind it. Similar setup to a gtr but not quite. We really arent too focused on the turbo since we wanna tune the car all motor, then on corn oil (E85) and make it easier to find a problem if one does come up. The hold up is me at this moment, since i am in the market for another house. But i may put that aside just to keep the captain happy.

Once i return from a wedding in austin the car will be returned to them as i need it that weekend(gotta floss it out! Been almost two months since i last user her ) and then the tuning will begin. Hope most of yall are patient and can wait until then, it is quite a long process and i hope to please you guys will update yall as soon as the big news is in

Last edited by F4Fast; 08-13-12 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-13-12, 04:50 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Well put sir and Lance
Old 08-13-12, 09:18 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have made a lot more progress than any one else has ever made. Well done!
Old 08-14-12, 07:35 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep on keepin on!!
Old 08-14-12, 07:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
you have made a lot more progress than any one else has ever made. Well done!
Not really:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...breakdown.html

Lou
Old 08-14-12, 09:09 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow..... I just read through all 54 pages of that thread. What a let down! It's a downright shame that businesses take peoples money and then just disappear like that.

Quick Reply: ECU tuning