Search this Thread

Old 12-26-11 | 05:14 PM
familycar
Rookie

phhht i have a bnr32 with 2 kids haha
Old 12-26-11 | 06:25 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

To the OP. WOW we have so many of the same cars! When I picked up the F over 3 years ago I too had ZERO kids. I now have two and can understand how the car sits most of the time. I drive mine maybe once a week when I go out for a quick spin when the kids are asleep. I picked up an 06 Prius as a daily that I love and my wife drives a Highlander Hybrid.

Anyway, the F is a horrible fit for infants. Rear facing seats do not fit well unless the people in the front seats are super tiny and sit close to the dash and when the kids are old enough for front facing seats then you have to worry about them messing up the car either by kicking things, spilling things, etc and it's just too much to worry about. I picked up a used certified Prius as a daily and love it for the fuel mileage, low maintenance and it's a great family hauler.

I have to admit though, that I do think about selling the F at least a few times a month and I always bring myself back as know I would regret it later on. It's a car to keep for life like a Supra.
Old 12-28-11 | 01:28 AM
Valkirk
Driver

Hmm have just purchased an IS-F as a more practicle car had to trade in my SLK 350 as no room for wife and little one...suppose however impracticle a car might seem, there is always a more impracticle one!

Sorry to hear about selling your car though, hope you can get another one day!
Old 12-28-11 | 02:16 AM
Rbtmatt
Rookie

Originally Posted by caymandive
I picked up a used certified Prius as a daily and love it for the fuel mileage, low maintenance and it's a great family hauler.
How could you buy a prius? I hat those things!!
Old 12-28-11 | 02:19 AM
Rbtmatt
Rookie

I don't have kids so I can buy more toys! And keep the toys I have nice!
Attached Thumbnails Traded my 08 ISF..so sad..-cobra-6.jpg   Traded my 08 ISF..so sad..-cobra-4.jpg  
Old 12-28-11 | 03:46 PM
Endgame
Driver

Funny..... I am in the process of selling a 370Z and will more than likely be looking at an ISF for the 'practical car' as I have two kids and a wife. I will be picking up a 4Runner tommorow for the 'family' car.

That said, I also work at bank and my cars either never get driven, or spends a bunch of time in airport parking (the former with the Z). A little worried about dings in airport parking, but at least I can drive the F everywhere else and take both my girls with me so they can scream "FASTER FASTER" in in concert. That should be fun as oposed to hearing just one yell it....
Old 12-28-11 | 09:45 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Hopefully within a year I will be picking up a 2011 or newer ISF to replace my 4Runner. We have a kid on the way in June. A Recaro baby seat will hopefully fit ok.
Old 01-01-12 | 07:00 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZ214
When i got my ISF more then 3 yrs ago, i had 0 kids, now i have 2...the car just sat in the garage most of the time becasue 1) i didnt want my kids to throw up in the car, as they do quite ofen..2) Two cars seats + wife and no place to sit the back for wife made it impossible for any long family drives..3)i work at a bank..and we share parking with court house i was always scared parking my car there (some guy punched the hood of my LX0 that promted me to get a DD prius but could not stand it) and door dings and etc but i still found time to drive it for work/grocery/fast fun drives...

Regardless i was heart borken when i left the car...it was special ..but after driving the LX most of the time i just wanted somthing larger more comfy for family..so i got a new loaded highlander..its not bad i figured in couple of yrs when the GSF/ISF comes out i will get that or the new m5s.maybe LS460.

The dealer gave me 39000 for it, First they offered me 32K..i told them thank you i would rather keep it.....had 33 k miles when i traded it in..

Yup kids do have that tendency to need more space....we have one with one more on the way so I sold my IS-F about 3 months ago in preparation for a larger car. The IS-F is a really great car but just too damn small (tiny trunk, seats only 4, etc)

It's a normal shift as we get older - never could understand why my boss traded his 997 Turbo for a X5 but now I totally understand.

What Lexus needs is a performance SUV like the X5M and then they will have more repeat customers

PRSUIT460: It has nothing to do with baby seats but more or less to do with all the "associated gear" a baby needs. Our Bugaboo barely fit in the trunk with all the other stuff we had to carry. Also Recaro seats are useless until after your baby gets older. Infants need to sit rearward facing and that just about means our front passenger seat needs to be all the way forward (unless you and your wife are super short). Not the ideal baby car since most experts recommend kids sit in the middle seat for safety and the IS-F has no middle seat!
Old 01-01-12 | 08:25 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rbtmatt
How could you buy a prius? I hat those things!!
I hated them too, but realized later it wasn't really the car that I didnt like it was the people driving them. You know the ones that abuse HOV and cover the rear with bumper stickers.

Anyway, the car is a fantastic family car and makes the F feel amazing every time I get back in it.
Old 01-01-12 | 09:47 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

..that Shelby is gorgeous!