IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Deal or no deal @ dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-11 | 10:36 PM
mentroc
Driver

i thought the lsb was for the rear pads only, there is one for the fronts now also?
Old 12-21-11 | 11:07 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mentroc
i thought the lsb was for the rear pads only, there is one for the fronts now also?
Pls elaborate on why theyre replacing ur pads.

Thanks
Old 12-22-11 | 02:45 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

when my rears had warranty work done they included the new rotors. they claim new pads should have new rotors

i disagree but it as free sooooo
Old 12-22-11 | 07:18 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Using rockauto.com ... even the most expensive rotors on there (Raybestos) are $109 apiece.
Old 12-22-11 | 07:23 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Using rockauto.com ... even the most expensive rotors on there (Raybestos) are $109 apiece.
looks like you know where to go now to get rotors VJ. lol

to the op...in the end it is your car so you make the final decision, if u think the deal is good then go for it. I would keep the old ones though so that you have backup rotors. it would be a waste if you just let them go.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 12-22-11 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-23-11 | 08:57 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
looks like you know where to go now to get rotors VJ. lol

to the op...in the end it is your car so you make the final decision, if u think the deal is good then go for it. I would keep the old ones though so that you have backup rotors. it would be a waste if you just let them go.
of course. Plus i work 60+ hours a week, so i rarely have time to even work on the car. and i drive my is-f 100+ miles a day. So downtime on my car= no good. either i have a loaner or mine. I mean before i used to work i did all the work myself but i thought about the price and i thought it was reasonable.

They wouldn't let me keep the old rotors. oh wells.

Now im just doing the rotor break in/ pads as well. Can't wait to get this baby going.

.. just realized i need new tires!! GOD DAMN! here i come 285 continental extreme!
Old 12-24-11 | 01:21 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Default I'm out of the loop on this one. Please help.

Originally Posted by 7No
I just had my front pads replaced under the LSB at 25K and the dealer said nothing about rotors. Take lobux's advice.
What's the LSB warranty that you all are referring to? I've got a 2008 and wonder if it's applicable. Thanks much.
Old 12-24-11 | 12:30 PM
7No
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
What's the LSB warranty that you all are referring to? I've got a 2008 and wonder if it's applicable. Thanks much.
This one, I guess: LSB 004311
Old 12-24-11 | 10:57 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
of course. Plus i work 60+ hours a week, so i rarely have time to even work on the car. and i drive my is-f 100+ miles a day. So downtime on my car= no good. either i have a loaner or mine. I mean before i used to work i did all the work myself but i thought about the price and i thought it was reasonable.

They wouldn't let me keep the old rotors. oh wells.

Now im just doing the rotor break in/ pads as well. Can't wait to get this baby going.

.. just realized i need new tires!! GOD DAMN! here i come 285 continental extreme!
If you're in the Bay Area, please say who this dealer is so I can avoid them. Also, I thought California or Federal law requires an auto repair station to give the old parts to the customer on request. Since you're paying for the new rotors, the old rotors belong to you anyway, so why do they think they don't have to give them to you?

Terry in Sunnyvale
Old 12-27-11 | 12:44 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by TerrySmith
If you're in the Bay Area, please say who this dealer is so I can avoid them. Also, I thought California or Federal law requires an auto repair station to give the old parts to the customer on request. Since you're paying for the new rotors, the old rotors belong to you anyway, so why do they think they don't have to give them to you?

Terry in Sunnyvale
Its in Socal
Old 12-27-11 | 12:47 PM
LBmtb
Driver

Since I'm in socal . . . what dealer was it?
Old 12-27-11 | 01:22 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

You sure they didn't just leave the old ones on there? lol
Old 12-27-11 | 01:39 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Originally Posted by LBmtb
Since I'm in socal . . . what dealer was it?
Lexus of Glendale

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
You sure they didn't just leave the old ones on there? lol
of course not. I mean if they did and got caught, it would be a huge lawsuit. But yeah i checked and they were brand new. Still breaking them in.. kinda hard when its my DD and i drive over 100miles/day
Old 12-27-11 | 05:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
Lexus of Glendale

of course not. I mean if they did and got caught, it would be a huge lawsuit. But yeah i checked and they were brand new. Still breaking them in.. kinda hard when its my DD and i drive over 100miles/day
How? Bedding in the brakes takes less than 20 minutes. What do you mean by "breaking them in?"
Old 12-30-11 | 05:38 AM
lorenr
Intermediate

Question Rotors and Pads

This whole deal seems strange. These cars have huge breaks with ceramic pads. How do you wear them out in 30,000 miles? Hopefully you take your foot off of the break peddle now and then.
Replacing pads and rotors on an F should be a snap.

If I went through this with a dealer there would be some serious explaining required. If the dealer said that there was a break in procedure for NEW pads and rotors, I'd like to see what it is. What gives?

Quick Reply: Deal or no deal @ dealership