IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New To CL Greetings From Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 03:08 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! I wanted to buy that when it was at Park Place.....I've looked at those pics countless times. lol My time will come. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 01-03-12, 05:16 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow nice car!
Old 01-03-12, 05:22 PM
VIP Auto Salon
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the Family! and you are going to love those parts they are great choices!
Old 01-05-12, 06:33 AM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Just wanted to give you all a quick update, the black or polished Takeda is up on ebay for $288 with free shipping from a legit seller, bought lots of stuff from them in the past. There was also a best offer option, I put in for $260 and the company accepted the offer! Black Takeda intake brand new in the box $260 free shipping! I think thats a pretty good price? Internet shopping ranges from $288-$379 for this intake so hopefully I got a bargain!
Old 01-05-12, 06:46 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome, great looking car!
Old 01-11-12, 08:33 AM
Tempest
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

PM replied Strykar! And for everyone else following the thread, I'm not the original owner but I did work for the dealership when we had 3 different Special Builds. Enjoy the car, it's a beauty! My F also came from my old dealership too, but I bought it used as well.
Old 01-11-12, 01:22 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Thanks for the reply good to know the history on who had it first, glad it seemed to be in good hands! Condition wise it def was for having 18,000 miles, clean! Update: Installing the ppe header and joe-z exhaust this weekend, as well as the takeda if ever shows up in the mail, then I will re-visit the same dyno I did when the car was stock. The car stock made 364whp and 346.2 lb/ft <-- this will be the same dyno I visit when I am done with the car. Stock dyno vid can be found here at about 2min 10sec. Compilation from this summer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3MGx9_R0U
Old 01-11-12, 03:11 PM
JWP711
Driver School Candidate

i like IS-F NM edition especially the wheels. hey if u planning to sell it lemme know anyways, congrats! Enjoy her!
Old 01-11-12, 07:36 PM
jnemo
Driver

Welcome and congrats!!
its good to see another isf from seattle on CL.
hope to see u in car meets in the future!
and nice video by the way! really did a great job!
Old 01-11-12, 09:04 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Welcome and congrats on the nice ride! I am in the Ft. Lewis area with an F too. Maybe I'll see you on the road
Old 01-11-12, 09:44 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Damn theres lots of NW owners here... Time for meet. Let me know when for sure.
Old 01-11-12, 09:45 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

And after you install your headers lets get mine on
Old 01-12-12, 03:21 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats...
Old 01-14-12, 11:56 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
And after you install your headers lets get mine on
Haha deal!!!! After day 1 I dont think I would want to do it again! If I had a lift sure, but I'm doing it in the garage with a good friend of mine, pandora, heater and drinks are the bare essentials. Two people is a must when lowering the front lower sub frame with only a jack to use. Got the new manifolds bolted in place tonight though. The ppe headers are very nice but I had a HUGE alignment issue on the left hand bank, (steering column shaft fit fine through the pipes but...) I had to ream up the holes for the exhaust studs to fit through the holes on the header flange. Some of the holes were too small where the nuts secure (studs) and the dip stick tube...ugh dont get me started on that thing. After about an hour we finally found the correct angle it was supposed to slide through the pipes and down into the top of the oil pan area. The sepperate aluminum bracket piece it came with was a guess at first too since the instructions did not show a picture or explain how the support piece fit, ehhh. Hopefully done tomorrow Goodnight all!

iphone pic of manifolds side by side...
Old 01-15-12, 11:41 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StrykarISF
Haha deal!!!! After day 1 I dont think I would want to do it again! If I had a lift sure, but I'm doing it in the garage with a good friend of mine, pandora, heater and drinks are the bare essentials. Two people is a must when lowering the front lower sub frame with only a jack to use. Got the new manifolds bolted in place tonight though. The ppe headers are very nice but I had a HUGE alignment issue on the left hand bank, (steering column shaft fit fine through the pipes but...) I had to ream up the holes for the exhaust studs to fit through the holes on the header flange. Some of the holes were too small where the nuts secure (studs) and the dip stick tube...ugh dont get me started on that thing. After about an hour we finally found the correct angle it was supposed to slide through the pipes and down into the top of the oil pan area. The sepperate aluminum bracket piece it came with was a guess at first too since the instructions did not show a picture or explain how the support piece fit, ehhh. Hopefully done tomorrow Goodnight all!

iphone pic of manifolds side by side...
Aren't those headers an amazing contrast to the oem?!?! My shop had a hell of a time getting trying to get the supplied oil dip stick tube in there (supposedly spent over 3-4 hours on this step) and they finally gave up and used the oem tube and made it fit somehow...

Quick Reply: New To CL Greetings From Seattle