IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

A little Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-12, 08:36 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch! Sorry for your loss. From the looks of the pic and angle of the car I take it the undercarriage was also damaged as well as tranny, and diff?
Old 01-03-12, 09:41 AM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch.... Thats horrible. That would be the only reason I would need to make her an Ex. My wife doesnt care to much for the car because I care so much for it. Its jealously. I hope you get yourself into a new ISF soon. Good Luck Brother!
Old 01-03-12, 10:35 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

ouch, care to share the story.? Hopefully you can get into another one soon.
Old 01-03-12, 11:02 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
...the car looked like a groundhog
looks like its coming out of its hole to play j/k Damnn sorry to hear what happened. Is this what happens when you break up with your gf...in your car...while shes driving it???
Old 01-03-12, 09:10 PM
thainsane
Rookie

At the time my ex gf was my gf for a year when this happened. I thought hey she wanted to use my car go for it. Well she failed to tell me is she was given new medicines and took it right before taking to you road. Well she calls me after about 15 minutes of being gone saying the car was going to the right by itself. Mind you I was just in it and it was great. It was beautiful. LOL. Anyways I said slowly come back to the house so I can take a look at it. So I guess she did a u turn and started coming back. About 5 minutes later I got a call saying she crashed and to call 911. I called a friend to take me out there and by the time I got there she was already on her way to the ER. I took pics and I ran to the ER. She was fine a few muscle aches but ok. Car is totalled. The frame was bent. Tranny housing cracked. Drive line was bent. It was leaking oil, tranny, and radiator fluid. Gas was spilling out. In the end nothing was wrong with the car before the accident and still after it the car still fired up and get this NO CEL. LOL. I laugh about it now but its been hard without my f. Just waiting for things to calm down again ...... so I bought a toaster for now. Big change? Yes I know.
Old 01-03-12, 09:33 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thainsane
At the time my ex gf was my gf for a year when this happened. I thought hey she wanted to use my car go for it. Well she failed to tell me is she was given new medicines and took it right before taking to you road. Well she calls me after about 15 minutes of being gone saying the car was going to the right by itself. Mind you I was just in it and it was great. It was beautiful. LOL. Anyways I said slowly come back to the house so I can take a look at it. So I guess she did a u turn and started coming back. About 5 minutes later I got a call saying she crashed and to call 911. I called a friend to take me out there and by the time I got there she was already on her way to the ER. I took pics and I ran to the ER. She was fine a few muscle aches but ok. Car is totalled. The frame was bent. Tranny housing cracked. Drive line was bent. It was leaking oil, tranny, and radiator fluid. Gas was spilling out. In the end nothing was wrong with the car before the accident and still after it the car still fired up and get this NO CEL. LOL. I laugh about it now but its been hard without my f. Just waiting for things to calm down again ...... so I bought a toaster for now. Big change? Yes I know.
wow, glad she was ok. sorry for your loss but I bet you'll find better one next time around. (I mean both... )
Old 01-04-12, 08:41 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thainsane
Just waiting for things to calm down again ...... so I bought a toaster for now. Big change? Yes I know.
So did you get a Honda element/scion xB/Nissan Cube?
Old 01-04-12, 09:18 AM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Wow, that is a major bummer! So sad to see an IS F go down like that.

Hopefully you can find a replacement IS F soon!
Old 01-04-12, 08:27 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for your loss but things will change for the better.... They always do! When your down the only other direction is up.
Old 01-04-12, 09:06 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,972 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Sounds like my '94 Supra. The ex drove it into a concrete wall. Some poor soul bought the wreck and rebuilt it. I saw the bends in the unibody joints and said no way would I do anything with it. But the car wreck was way cheaper than the divorce...

Sorry for your loss, you have my condolences.
Old 01-06-12, 07:43 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
So did you get a Honda element/scion xB/Nissan Cube?
2010 Scion XB. I always wanted to hella flush a car out I figured I would on this beast. Haha right.
Old 01-06-12, 07:44 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Sounds like my '94 Supra. The ex drove it into a concrete wall. Some poor soul bought the wreck and rebuilt it. I saw the bends in the unibody joints and said no way would I do anything with it. But the car wreck was way cheaper than the divorce...

Sorry for your loss, you have my condolences.
Funny thing my divorce was easier then this break up. Lol. Dont ask.
Old 01-09-12, 10:14 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

She was hella clean my friend. Dont think I saw another black F so shiny.

She lived a great life dont be sad.
Old 01-09-12, 10:26 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one who think this isf should be in the "wanna get away" commercial

Jk jk sorry to see that man but on the other hand, now u get 2012!!
Old 01-14-12, 11:16 PM
thainsane
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Am I the only one who think this isf should be in the "wanna get away" commercial

Jk jk sorry to see that man but on the other hand, now u get 2012!!
I love the idea maybe I can sell the idea and get another or 5 ISFs from selling my idea. Oh Ill get you one too. Lol

Quick Reply: A little Tribute