IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: 2010 Lexus ISF vs. 2010 Cadillac CTS-V
2010 Lexus ISF
82.11%
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
17.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Lexus ISF vs. 2010 Cadillac CTS-V...Opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-12, 07:38 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i bid my purse on the vote is going to be IS-F!
how do i know? because this is Club Lexus's IS-F forum ;p
Old 02-09-12, 07:42 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I even cross shopped M3's and C63's. This is my 4th Lexus. I've had 2 Escalade's and 3 BMW's and can vouch for the Lexus reliability. No regrets thus far as I traded in a 2011 BMW 535i. Still miss my 600hp GT-R though! Geeze, I have a car fetish.....all these cars and I'm still in my 30's! Don't think my folks have gone thru this many in their lifetime!
I have a car fetish too lol start driving when i am 19, now i am 27. The IS-F is my 8th.
Integra - impreza - EVO 8 - Civic Si - IS300 - BMW 325i - IS250 - ISF
I am absolutly don't owned high end cars like you did....but i know exactly what you mean lol
Lexus quality is def better than BMW IMO.
Old 02-09-12, 08:12 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CTS Coupe -SEXY in black and White! Fast and definitely a looker!

All that said "ISF" which is a better car and more sexier for us CA peps.
Old 02-09-12, 09:01 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

I really like the CTS-V , but its a car that I would never own out of warranty.
IMO if your going to get rid of the car in a few years, just lease the CTS-V and have fun with it until someting better comes out. If not, buy an F and keep it for years and years. There are many forum members here that are in the 100k+ miles range without issues.
Old 02-09-12, 11:58 PM
Mickeytl
Driver School Candidate

Man...sometimes I feel the V might have too much power for me (especially with mods) Just want a streetable power car and don't plan on taking it to the drag strip. My only concern is that the V still have the wheel hop issues since it was first produce in 04. Still hasn't been fix yet...based on what others have reported.

For the last month...i've been doing research on the F, so will be focusing on the V for the next couple weeks. I'm still open to both cars, but mainly looking for the right price. Will be happy with either car.
Old 02-10-12, 01:38 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the V is a great looking car and fast. But overall I still like the F much better. The interior in the V seems very busy and doesn't flow well. And it still has that "GM" feel to it.. Doesn't compare to the Lexus luxury feel.
Old 02-10-12, 02:34 AM
js619858
Pole Position

I love Speed but honestly I don't want a too strong of a car. I like getting good MPG and even with the ISF I barely punch it.
Old 02-10-12, 03:53 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with the Caddy IMHO!
Old 02-10-12, 06:55 AM
dano9258
Driver

Originally Posted by itsmike177
I have been bested by Mustang 5.0's, Pontiac GTO's, Camaro SS, Merc S/C63, 335i's, and Evo's (most unknown mods, but modded for sure.)
Really? The GTO, Camaro SS, and Mercedes C63 should all be right about the same as the ISF unless they are modded like you said. But you should not be getting beaten by a Mustang 5.0 or 335i.
Old 02-10-12, 08:38 AM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

"If you are into a more practical, slightly quicker than normal IS350, 335i's sedans,"

I use to own 2008 IS350 and can tell you 100% that my old is350 could never keep up with IS-F especially once you hit over 100 plus mph it just faster and will out handle it in every way no were near same

"I have been bested by Mustang 5.0's, Pontiac GTO's, Camaro SS, Merc S/C63, 335i's, and Evo's (most unknown mods, but modded for sure.)"

My experence has been different in my IS-F I've run against Camaro SS, Challenger, stock 335's and recently 6spd 2011 M3 and won those contest all the car mention had catback exhaust and intake just like my IS-F, I also ran C63 he beat crap out of me it had factory tune making 481hp lol that Merc was fast.

I saw Youtube video of Civic beat Lamborghini on highway, pulled lambo hard so to that doesn't matter much when your talking about modded vs stock but if you have plans to heavily modded one of these car then go with CTS-V much more available in aftermarket . Good luck with your choice just go with what you like both cool fun cars.
Old 02-10-12, 09:21 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

I have not had a chance to drive the V yet; there is a V wagon close by that I might stop in and take a look at. If you are looking at the ISF though, take a look at what is available in the 2011 models. Just last week I made the jump from an 09 to an 11 and was quite impressed with the differences, most notably the improved comfort of the revised suspension.The upgraded nav and dash layout is nice as well. It's been pretty cold so I haven't been able to push the car much, but will get it out on the track sometime this spring for a proper comparison. Either way I don't think you can go wrong. They are different cars for sure, but you'd probably be happy in either.
Old 02-10-12, 10:32 AM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Build quality, reliability, resale value are what brought me to Lexus and the IS F. Everything is just so smooth and well put together.
Old 02-10-12, 12:27 PM
Endgame
Driver

The CTS V is a beast and looks the part. It almost has a GTR type presence to it.

However, ISF all the way. Quality, Quality, Quality.

My father audited the books for a Caddy dealer and said he was amazed at the number of Caddies came into the service bays with quality issues. The CTSV forms speak to this themselves.
Old 02-10-12, 01:19 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by itsmike177
After owning and daily driving a 2008 ISF for over 2 years/40k miles later, and having test driven a 2010 CTS-V (used, coupe, auto trans,) it's a difficult decision.

CTS-V pros:
- Noticeably more power. From a standstill and also in 80mph+ full throttle hwy acceleration.
- Handling is also noticeable better.
- High speed stability (100mph+) is better than the ISF.
- Interior feels "tighter" than the ISF. Meaning the majority of plastic parts/panels feel more solid/quality. Some parts, not so much.

ISF pros:
- Reliability is Toyota like. Granted a few items did require replacement (NAV screen, water pump) but they were warrantied.
- Lexus dealerships are top notch. ie. No cost actual Lexus loaner cars.
- Maintenance costs are not outrageous. Only high cost items are brakes pads/rotors and tires.
- Average tank lifetime mpg is 20.1. CTS-V is 12-14mpg average.
- No gas guzzler tax.

Just my opinion, but if you are into spirited driving 80% of the time on public roads, the CTS-V will be a better choice. If you are into a more practical, slightly quicker than normal IS350, 335i's sedans, the ISF. I have been bested by Mustang 5.0's, Pontiac GTO's, Camaro SS, Merc S/C63, 335i's, and Evo's (most unknown mods, but modded for sure.)

As for resale values, the 556hp CTS-V seems to hold a better value over a same model year ISF. Granted the CTS-V costs a little more when comparing MSRP, but the % of depreciation is less than the ISF.

Tough choice though, I was debating on the same thing a few months back (trade in the 08 ISF for a 2010 CTS-V)..... at the end of the day, both are enjoyable in their own ways. Practicality won with keeping the ISF because of daily driven and 26mpg+ hwy.)
I have to disagree with you on a few points
1) my F feels much more planted at high speeds than a V, the only difference i felt was that the V seemed heavier
2) the interior of my F (besides the replaced white seats) is much tighter than my buddies V with 10,xxx miles less. i have zero rattles at 40,xxx miles

also stock for stock I have had no issues with SS, GTO's, or 335's... modded may be a different story, but bolt up an F properly and you will stick right in there.
Old 02-10-12, 01:25 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

The front of the V is awesome. I come up on them from behind and often dont know its a V till I get close, kind of plain from the back (unless the coupe).

Having come from a STS-V, I feel lexus' build quality is top notch in comparison. Even tho my V was older, slower, and bigger than the CTSV2.. it was still the flagship car of its time. Looking back I wasn't very impressed with GM, even when I was putting out 530hp. I was considering a CTSV2 and an E90 before I bought my F, I am glad that I chose my F. If I totaled my F, I'd still debate between and M3 and F again.. but not the V this round. The fit and finish of a true luxury sports car vs. a luxurious GM is why I would choose a BMW or Lexus over Caddy.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lexus ISF vs. 2010 Cadillac CTS-V...Opinion?