IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: 2010 Lexus ISF vs. 2010 Cadillac CTS-V
2010 Lexus ISF
82.11%
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
17.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Lexus ISF vs. 2010 Cadillac CTS-V...Opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-12, 06:40 PM
valdeztke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexyISF
Sounds strange considering one of Toyota's key businesses is selling their quality control and improvement methods (Kaizan).

And the GM cars here in Australia (Holden) have a LONG way to go before they are even remotely comparible to any Japanese brand.
I owned, or my wife owned, a pretty nice G8 GT with lots of mods. It seemed much better quality than any Pontiac at the time. Great suspension, RWD, strong V8 and very roomy interior. The Camry may be built slightly better, but there are times when fun triumphs over quality.
Old 02-23-12, 06:42 PM
valdeztke
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
I agree with the comments by those who have ACTUALLY owned both cars .
I've owned an CTS-V for a little over two years , and without a doubt , overall it is in another league when compared to the isf . Yes I've test driven the isf alonside the V and really other than reliability (although I didn't experience any problems with my v) the v is much more planted car period on or off the track ! Now the reason I sold the CTS-V was because I lusted over the 2012 grand sport "100th centennial edition" corvette . People here always seem to go back to the "old" GM reputation of lousy car building and refuse to look at the new GM quality, which by the way , exceeds toyota's quality these days - this coming from an magna international engineer who tests for quality control on parts for ALL manufactures. Another issue which is mentioned on this board was the so-called wheel hop on the 2009 CTS-V and up cars. Absolutely FALSE ! No way could I get my V to wheel hope , this was engineered by GM using two different thicknesses half shafts to prevent that from happening ! Yes I am biased towards the V because it has proven to be one of the best buys out there and in Canada, both the 2012 isf and cts-v fully equipt are within a couple of thousand dollars of each other... no brainer !
Having owned a V1 that had a H/C package and a Maggie SC - yes. GM needed to address the rear end on the V2. I went through 4 rear ends in my first V.
Old 02-23-12, 06:46 PM
valdeztke
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Juan, wonderful write-up, really enjoyed it but I want to point out with the C&D Lightning Lap at Leguna Seca
CTS-V coupe 3:04.2
IS F 2011+ 3:05.4
IS F 2008-2009- 3:14

Not bad to be down over 100hp
Yes! Not bad at all. The IS-F is another one of Japan's great technology marvels. Not quite in the category as Godzilla but the LSD and other upgrades made a big improvement on their track times. Did I mention the GT-R and its 2:55 time

Thanks for the note.

Cheers.
Old 02-23-12, 07:59 PM
LexyISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by valdeztke
I owned, or my wife owned, a pretty nice G8 GT with lots of mods. It seemed much better quality than any Pontiac at the time. Great suspension, RWD, strong V8 and very roomy interior. The Camry may be built slightly better, but there are times when fun triumphs over quality.
Pontiac G8 made in Australia. If you think this is great, your cars over there must be absolutely terrible!
Old 02-23-12, 08:06 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Man, just this evening I saw a blue CTS-V that looked freaking awesome! Not sure what that blue is but it's as striking as the ISF USB when you see it drive by. Not enough to make me want to give up the F but wow, it was awesome. I have only been seeing black or gray CTS-V's so to see a bright aggressive color really made that car stand out.
Old 02-24-12, 05:26 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that some on this board are simply enamored with "Lexus", and will tow their rope only because the own one and it is now the best 4dr in the world. Is the ISF a good car? yes it it, is it fantastic? close, but still lacking in some areas... Faults I have personally seen 3 cars needing the cylinders heads replaced due too metallic clicking noise. Countless water pump failures. Dash cover not fitting and lifting around the nav/radio area. and who can forget the 2008 wheel pitting issues!!? An issue that my own car had too the tune of having too have the wheels replaced (only after a great battle with Lexus mind you! this one still pisses me off!) My XM radio receiver has been replaced twice as well. I am not sure if others have experienced this but the auto dim mirrors simply suck after interior mirror replaced under warranty. The auto wipers are yet another Lexus joke IMHO. And the suspension on the 2008-2009 again IMHO the WORST of any 4dr vehicle I have EVER driven!
As far as the Caddy goes, rear dif problems have been almost nonexistent. I have driven 4 separate V2's and have NEVER not one single time experienced any wheel hop. Their suspension system on this vehicle is just simply amazing, smooth when wanted and taut when needed. Power is nothing short of scary fast! and aftermarket support has been fantastic. When it comes to the looks of the interior, I would give the nod to the V again, it simply looks more "rich" however, I do think the F will wear better in the long run. And must it be mentioned that the STOCK V is the fasted 4dr EVER around the fabled Ring! The biggest downside of the V is the fuel mileage issue, this could be addressed with better transmissions with more ratios, or a taller geared rear differential. For those who have not driven a V2 you really owe it to yourself to give it a try, all of the large auto shows have them there for you too sample and take on test drives! American cars really are on their way back to the top, and IMHO Caddy is using the V as their spear head! Cars are what I do for a living, and it is nice to see some American vehicles encroaching on the Asian dominance in the quality arena!