IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Borla Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-12, 06:40 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by meangene4
does anyone know the best place to order a borla catback at the moment? best price ive seen so far is 1099 shipped on ebay but im trying to stay away from that route.
I got it for $1028 shipped on Amazon. It took about 2 weeks to arrive.
Old 04-12-12, 11:10 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Roll Call: Can I get a confirmation on who will be attending the meet on Sunday the 15th at 1203 Baltimore Boulevard Westminster, MD 21157.

MercuryISF -Confirmed
Tomkirland-Confirmed (Joe Z)
Caymandive-?(Borla/header) not attending
DHRP-? ISS DES (canceled death in family)
SPDDemon-Confirmed according to last post

I think its best if we reschedule for the 22nd. Thoughts?

Any others?

Last edited by MercuryISF; 04-13-12 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-13-12, 08:48 AM
mercurymet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fit questions,

Hi Cayman, just wondering how the fit over the rings are holding up. Have you had any leaks?

I put my Borla on a while back and then took it off cause it was too loud (have PPE headers) and had rear leak. Don't know if the loudness was due in part to a leak.

Anyhow, I called an experienced muffler shop about welding in cats to the Borla as well as the install. They said they prefer to weld slip fit sections together cause rings eventually leak. Even wide rings on expensive audi exhausts from.heat..expansion, contraction, and potholes.

Don't think I want to end up with a massive one piece exhaust.
Old 04-13-12, 09:01 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mercurymet
Fit questions,

Hi Cayman, just wondering how the fit over the rings are holding up. Have you had any leaks?

I put my Borla on a while back and then took it off cause it was too loud (have PPE headers) and had rear leak. Don't know if the loudness was due in part to a leak.

Anyhow, I called an experienced muffler shop about welding in cats to the Borla as well as the install. They said they prefer to weld slip fit sections together cause rings eventually leak. Even wide rings on expensive audi exhausts from.heat..expansion, contraction, and potholes.

Don't think I want to end up with a massive one piece exhaust.
Everything is holding up well with no leaks. No reason to have leaks unless you have something installed wrong or a part is defective. Borla has the "million mile" warranty so I'd be contacting them before doing any kind of modification to the exhaust.

If there is any kind of leak the sound of the exhaust will be bad. I am completely catless with headers and this exhaust is quieter than my car was with the stock headers and JoeZ exhaust.
Old 04-13-12, 09:20 AM
mercurymet
Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
Everything is holding up well with no leaks. No reason to have leaks unless you have something installed wrong or a part is defective. Borla has the "million mile" warranty so I'd be contacting them before doing any kind of modification to the exhaust.

If there is any kind of leak the sound of the exhaust will be bad. I am completely catless with headers and this exhaust is quieter than my car was with the stock headers and JoeZ exhaust.

Cayman, Thanks for the info.

Then truck like noise I experienced must have been due to a leak. I guess I'll have the shop look at it.
Old 04-13-12, 09:55 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Meet will be rescheduled for april 22 around 3:30. At the iag performance location.
Old 04-14-12, 02:03 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I installed my Borla catback exhaust today. I have never installed an exhaust before, but it was pretty straightforward. I had no fitment issues or leaks, and it sounds great. The only tool I needed to buy before the install was a 7/8 O2 sensor tool. It now sounds like a vette, but with a little more refined sound. The ISF is definitely muted from the factory.
Old 04-14-12, 02:54 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Borla

Auto anything has them for 1088 + 15% off + free shipping thats a total of $925.00 ! Thats a hella deal!
Old 04-15-12, 10:31 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just tried the 15% and a bunch of other coupon codes. I had no luck with any of them.. Did you actually order one with 15% off?

Originally Posted by ming15237
Auto anything has them for 1088 + 15% off + free shipping thats a total of $925.00 ! Thats a hella deal!
Old 04-18-12, 05:06 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Anyone find it cheaper then $1088?
Old 04-18-12, 05:26 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Anyone find it cheaper then $1088?
I paid $1037 shipped from 21st Century exhaust out of FL. They are an authorized Borla dealer.
Old 04-18-12, 06:21 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Summit racing is also a authorized Borla dealer and has a price of $1015-. Down side is a 4 week wait!
Old 04-18-12, 05:48 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

I went with the Borla axle-back as my first ISF install and intermediate step towards modding. It was like $700 shipped from Borla via Amazon. Now it seems stupid of me to not have paid an extra $300 for the midpipe to get the full cat-back. But overall I'm enjoying the exhaust and Borla has always been a V8-sound kind of exhaust company from my previous experience with other cars.

My advice is to check Amazon, otherwise Ebay is just fine.

But I do want "more" so I would not recommend the axle-back as your final exhaust solution.
Old 04-21-12, 10:28 PM
Phillysays
Driver School Candidate

Default Borla and Silkky head feed back

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you my first impressions on Caymandive's Sikky headers/Borla setup. We meet up last night and was able to go for a short 10 minute ride. Caymandive is a very straight up gentleman and has a wealth of knowledge with our ISF. To begin, this setup is much louder than what i was initially expecting, but by no means annoying. (Coming from my quiet stock exhaust decibel levels compared to a full out muscle car sound). Another thing I noticed was at lower speeds, the car sounded louder than when the car was cruising 60-75 on the highway. At cruising speed, you could barely tell you had an exhaust, unless you punch it. There was never any drone at any speed on our test ride. If performance and sound is what you are looking for, this is the setup I would go. When Caymandive did a pull from 2nd-4th gear, there was an unexplainable wow, that few cars can every match. The sound/torque from this setup was truely amazing. Hopefully in the near future, I will be able to pursue this same setup.
Old 04-21-12, 11:04 PM
DIJohn46
Driver School Candidate

Any sounds or video clips?

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System