IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Borla Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 09:15 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

For anyone that was planning to go to the meet today it has been canceled due to rain. Lets try in a couple of weeks to get together.
Old 04-25-12, 05:02 AM
laoreflxzn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Anyone find it cheaper then $1088?
Well was searching online and found this deal Here

1005.99 with free shipping...enter coupon code AFQ21275 and it's only 930.99...

Was in stock before i submitted the order but after I ordered it...the inventory went to out of stock..
Old 04-25-12, 02:19 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by laoreflxzn

Was in stock before i submitted the order but after I ordered it...the inventory went to out of stock..
Damn, if it ever gets in stock again, I'm going to have to order this...especially for that price! Cheapest I've been able to find is $1015 with free shipping through amazon.
Old 04-25-12, 07:32 PM
FieryISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laoreflxzn

First post here guys...Recently acquired an 08 Matador Red.

Sorry laorenflxzn. That's cuz I ordered the last one yesterday and it shipped today I'm asuming you're referring ot Part # 12656, Borla catback

I originally placed my order with autoanything.com since I ordered from them in the past and they seem to be reliable, but I received an email a day later stating stating that it's on backorder until 5/18...unaccceptable.

So I found one in stock at streetsideauto.com and ordered it yesterday.

btw, I referenced the following link with both companies and they price matched it. So I paid $924.64 since in order to price match, they have to beat it by a dollar. I also got free shipping and a $35 gift card After reading all the posts, this has to be the best deal to date for this exhaust.

http://www.wickedcarparts.com/2011-l...t-with-x-pipe/

Not sure if anyone has ordered this exhaust from wickedcarparts.com, but the reason I didn't is becuase something seems shady about their site. So I used that link to get a price match from more reputable sites.

Cheers!
Old 04-25-12, 07:44 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ great deals guys!! Thats an insane price! I couldn't even have a local shop make me a custom exhaust for this price
Old 08-21-12, 08:41 AM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI - the Borla Catback Exhaust just came back in stock at StreetsideAuto.com for $1005.99 - $75 coupon code AFQ21275 = $930.99 delivered! Best price you will find anywhere. I think the coupon is good through 8/31, but when I called and ordered mine they said they only got a few of these in stock and they'll probably go quick at that price.

And I don't know if these have been posted yet, but here are some excellent video clips with the Borla at idle, pulling away, inside the cabine, drive-by, etc: http://www.youtube.com/user/SCCAForu...os?query=borla

Last edited by jleonard71; 08-21-12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-18-12, 05:19 AM
crazymikie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried to get Street Side to price match using the link you referenced and they said they won't do it

I'll give autoanything a shot.

Originally Posted by FieryISF
First post here guys...Recently acquired an 08 Matador Red.

Sorry laorenflxzn. That's cuz I ordered the last one yesterday and it shipped today I'm asuming you're referring ot Part # 12656, Borla catback

I originally placed my order with autoanything.com since I ordered from them in the past and they seem to be reliable, but I received an email a day later stating stating that it's on backorder until 5/18...unaccceptable.

So I found one in stock at streetsideauto.com and ordered it yesterday.

btw, I referenced the following link with both companies and they price matched it. So I paid $924.64 since in order to price match, they have to beat it by a dollar. I also got free shipping and a $35 gift card After reading all the posts, this has to be the best deal to date for this exhaust.

http://www.wickedcarparts.com/2011-l...t-with-x-pipe/

Not sure if anyone has ordered this exhaust from wickedcarparts.com, but the reason I didn't is becuase something seems shady about their site. So I used that link to get a price match from more reputable sites.

Cheers!
Old 09-18-12, 11:49 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

well got the borla installed this morning and first impression is

only drove about 20 miles or so but drone is almost nonexistant. drove various speeds in auto and sport manual also. I was worried about highway speeds talking via bluetooth but no worries now. my wrench said the fitment was pretty good and it was only close to one heat shield in the rear by the gas tank and he was able to push it back. so overall i'm very pleased with the exhaust.

Time to hit the track!!!!!!
Old 09-18-12, 08:09 PM
dwin888
Rookie

Hey guys,

Quick question, how big is the box of the Borla? Will that fit in the trunk of our car?
Old 09-19-12, 09:23 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by dwin888
Hey guys,

Quick question, how big is the box of the Borla? Will that fit in the trunk of our car?
no, not the entire box. but the whole exhaust system will fit in the trunk.
Old 12-17-12, 12:21 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 82 Posts

Just got my Borla Catback system installed on Saturday. The car sounds exactly how I wanted it to sound, really throaty, not too loud or annoying, but just loud enough to put a smile on my face when I flip through the gears on Manual mode. Any louder, I think it would be annoying for daily driving, stop and go traffic, and to the wife, but I'm LOVING this exhaust system so far. As for power gains, its minimal to none from my butt dyno... lol
Old 12-17-12, 02:28 PM
BULLIT
Pole Position

I have Borla axle back which i am selling. Im putting factory system back on for a while. Think the shipping from Australia would be to expensive to the USA though to make it worthwhile
Old 12-17-12, 02:38 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Just got my Borla Catback system installed on Saturday. The car sounds exactly how I wanted it to sound, really throaty, not too loud or annoying, but just loud enough to put a smile on my face when I flip through the gears on Manual mode. Any louder, I think it would be annoying for daily driving, stop and go traffic, and to the wife, but I'm LOVING this exhaust system so far. As for power gains, its minimal to none from my butt dyno... lol
same here, can't tell any increase on the 'butt' dyno haha overall, love the system but i find myself craving a little more sound, now.
Old 12-17-12, 03:12 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BULLIT
I have Borla axle back which i am selling. Im putting factory system back on for a while. Think the shipping from Australia would be to expensive to the USA though to make it worthwhile
How about shipping to Guam? Thats close by to Australia LMK, thanks bro!
Old 12-17-12, 03:50 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Why would you switch back to stock?

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System