IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Borla Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 07:34 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Exhaust System

Is there anyone in the NY or NJ area with a Borla catback exhaust system. This system seems to be very rare, and from reading a few posts there are very few who have it. How does it compare with ISS Forged DES, in terms of exterior and interior noise. I have not heard any of the two in person since i don't know anyone around here with the two. I have heard the JoeZ and QES in person and both are really good but very different, however these two are very loud for me as my daily driver. The current videos dont really do any justice, I wish there was more informative video for each system thats out for the F.
Old 03-17-12, 08:26 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexuz not sure if you got my msg, but I suggest you join us on the cruise to Island Import Day, there will be plenty of ISF's with different exhausts. Attendance is reaching nearly 2000!

PM me if you can go.
Old 03-17-12, 04:10 PM
makena88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexuz125th
Is there anyone in the NY or NJ area with a Borla catback exhaust system. This system seems to be very rare, and from reading a few posts there are very few who have it. How does it compare with ISS Forged DES, in terms of exterior and interior noise. I have not heard any of the two in person since i don't know anyone around here with the two. I have heard the JoeZ and QES in person and both are really good but very different, however these two are very loud for me as my daily driver. The current videos dont really do any justice, I wish there was more informative video for each system thats out for the F.
Not as rare as you think (I have it) but you can get this on Borla's website, ebay, or Amazon at a great price.
Old 03-17-12, 07:21 PM
ta70raiii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by makena88
Not as rare as you think (I have it) but you can get this on Borla's website, ebay, or Amazon at a great price.
Thanks for the tip...didn't think of checking Ebay. How do you like the Borla system?
Old 03-17-12, 08:02 PM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

currently have the Borla exhaust and i love it. i also daily my F with my 4yr old son in the back. my first option was JoeZ but got a deal on the Borla.
if thats any help to you.
Old 03-18-12, 04:53 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I also have the Borla and love it and at under $1100 shipped its a great deal!

Details in the link below.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-here-13.html
Old 03-18-12, 08:04 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

just ordered mine 3 seconds ago on amazon.com... a little over a grand + free shipping...can't wait to put it on. My neighbor just installed a lift in his garage so install shouldn't be too bad.
Old 03-18-12, 08:11 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gymkata
just ordered mine 3 seconds ago on amazon.com... a little over a grand + free shipping...can't wait to put it on. My neighbor just installed a lift in his garage so install shouldn't be too bad.
Nice, just make sure when you install it yourself that you get the slip joints in all the way or you'll end up with clearance issues at the rear.
Old 03-18-12, 08:34 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Also if you intstall it yourself double check the clearance between the heat shield bythe gas tank. If its too close it will may contact, and an extremely annoying yet light "clanging" sound
Old 03-18-12, 08:45 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Also if you intstall it yourself double check the clearance between the heat shield bythe gas tank. If its too close it will may contact, and an extremely annoying yet light "clanging" sound
Yeah as with any exhaust install there are tweaks that can be made. Before lowering the car off the lift, just make make sure you have plenty of clearance front to rear. Once installed correctly you should have no contact issues.
Old 03-18-12, 09:56 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Thank you guys for the install tips, I think I am going to order mine sometime next week. Would it be better to get it straight from borla, in terms of warranty. Finally what don't you guys like about the system?
Old 03-18-12, 11:46 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...and you'll def need to rent/buy the 02 sensor removal tool. You don't wanna strip that
Old 03-18-12, 07:36 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Nice, just make sure when you install it yourself that you get the slip joints in all the way or you'll end up with clearance issues at the rear.
Thanks for the tip

I was planning on doing the headers at the same time, but figured I will wait a little while and save some money. Installation will likely cost a few bucks on the headers, and I am also adamant about welding in free flow cats like you did...want to be at least a little environmentally conscious and not delete all cats.
Old 03-18-12, 07:40 PM
mercurymet
Driver

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
...and you'll def need to rent/buy the 02 sensor removal tool. You don't wanna strip that
I second that...If you are installing yourself, definitely make sure you have the right O2 tool first. They look similar, some too short, some too long. You can test the fit in a shop pk lot before heading home.
Old 03-18-12, 08:26 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

What is the brand, and size if applicable that you guys used as the O2 sensor removal. What are the benifits of installing free flow cats, does it make it more driver friendly in terms of interior noise?

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System