IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Nitrous Drag Raced The IS-F - 11.35@122.77

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 09:10 AM
mercurymet
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great run!

So you basically had one shot to crack 11 at Infineon and then plead ignorance.

Maybe you can let someone else drive and let them get warned or blacklisted.

How strict is Sacramento?
Old 03-23-12, 09:18 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the support gentlemen!

Slay, so close, but an inch or a mile-you still got it. Ive asked you before about the cage restrictions out where you are; you have a hookup. Over here they are really strict and there's only two tracks within reasonable driving/traliering distance. No hookup for me, cause there will be complaining why him and not me histeria.

Frankly I was surprised the ECM re-learned itself so well. Early last month I went to the track and killed the battery before any runs forgetting to turn off the bottle heater. I jumped it and went for some nitrous runs. Best I could get was 12.2 with nitrous!. I havnt changed anything since then. I knew it was because of me accidently draining the battery, but this confirmed it. We have some real advanced ECM's(most of us already knew that...

Injen Intake
PPE Headers
JoeZ PTS Exhaust
NX SAFE CELL Hybrid Nitrous kit
ET Streets drag radials

I promise not to paint this car yellow, or at all, haha LOL! My buddy comes up with the best commentary

~Dv8
Old 03-23-12, 09:32 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mercurymet
Great run!

So you basically had one shot to crack 11 at Infineon and then plead ignorance.

Maybe you can let someone else drive and let them get warned or blacklisted.

How strict is Sacramento?

Haha would that someone else be you...

My first run was an 11.503@123, so I'm actually surprised, but really happy they didnt say anything then, because the second run was the 11.35. I launched a bit harder on that run and it worked.

Last month at SAC TNT, they worked my *** in the tech lane on my race car for what seemed to be pure bull****.
If I have an NHRA approved Moroso battery box in the trunk, the back seat's in and an engine kill switch on the rear bumper, they why the hell do I have to sheetmetal my rear trunk deck!!!???
Why do I need bolted rims/tires, when Im running a DOT drag street/slick?

Since the battery's in the trunk on the ISF they will give me a ton of **** because I dont have a kill switch. I just keep quiet.
I do run the blowdown tube however, just so I can try and be safe...

~Dv8

Last edited by Dv8tion388; 03-23-12 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-23-12, 09:40 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Wheel setup took a while to find. Like Slay mentioned in the past, Its not easy finding a 17" to clear the rear calipers. Went through several wheels until I found this one. Super cheap and nice too. I went ahead and ordered all four in 19's for street use--backordered

xxr 522 17x9 +42 23lbs

MT ET STEET 26 11.5 17 29lbs

If you plan on going this route, at the very least give me some credit/validation for my efforts.

~Dv8
Old 03-23-12, 10:14 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice run, makes me wanna do some 1/4 times as well
Old 03-23-12, 10:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,062 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Congrats DV8..!!!

I am very happy to hear this awesome news....

We will get your Video up on our Facebook & Twitter this weekend..

~ Joe Z
Old 03-23-12, 11:58 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. FINALLY. This is one of the only people that has had impressive results from non bolt-ons. I think the rear tire setup is what was needed. Most videos I have seen, the wheels or tranny slips or combo of both, which kills the times. Imagine if you got a few more runs out of that day? Can't wait to see more people try this. It looks like SC or Turbo is not going to be tweaked anytime soon. The only issue is the longevity of using the nitrous. I guess as long as you are not using it all of the time / every day it shouldn't be that big of deal.

I just wish I had a chance to ride in Mitch's before he sold you the NX setup. I should have bought it from him since he lives right down the road from me.

Great video, great results. Now lets see who will be the first in the 10's. I would have never thought we could achieve that.
Old 03-23-12, 01:32 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

Nice run Dv8. Sucks that you have to get hassled like that. Ever see all the 10 second cars at Palm Beach International Raceway? No cages. Probably not even a jacket.
Old 03-23-12, 02:10 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

So Proud of you and the r&d on that kit! next time 10's.....
Old 03-23-12, 02:32 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Awesome man, just awesome.
Old 03-23-12, 03:00 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

AMAZING DV8! I am awed at how easily you drove your car to such amazing times! I have soooo many questions about your NOS setup but will save that for another post or ill pm you lolz! MANY CONGRATS! cant wait to see more from you DEV8!

Last edited by SiskoMax77; 03-23-12 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-23-12, 03:27 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

my palms got sweaty watching that video.... congrats on the time!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-12, 04:44 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fleadog99
. The only issue is the longevity of using the nitrous. I guess as long as you are not using it all of the time / every day it shouldn't be that big of deal.
IMO, longevity has been great so far! I havnet heard of anyone hurting the block with nitrous, and my car has stood up to redicilous amounts of abuse. Though it comes down to a lot of tuning on the nitrous side, these motors are built great and have the capabilities to hold some serious power.

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Thanks for the support gentlemen!

Slay, so close, but an inch or a mile-you still got it. Ive asked you before about the cage restrictions out where you are; you have a hookup. Over here they are really strict and there's only two tracks within reasonable driving/traliering distance. No hookup for me, cause there will be complaining why him and not me histeria.
~Dv8
So close is right! The run looked really good, but the bummer is that you still had room for improvement. I know first hand that the car does amazing things when the ecm is fully adjusted, so i really believe that you could have gone faster with a few more passes. Hopefully you can get into a situation where you will be able to push the car further and improve the times.

Im going to be looking into your rim setup in a few minuites

Still waiting for someone to beat my current record so I can show everyone what the car runs on kill
Old 03-23-12, 09:00 PM
mercurymet
Driver

I'd love to drive it but the times will certainly be slower than yours. I can't launch. I suppose a few practice launches with NOS then letting up or breaking = > 11.5. Then when a run hooks up great, go all out sub 11.5 and call it a day. Or you can do it and when things feel great, go all out ..smash 11 and then get black listed.

So Sac is even more strict. That sucks.
Old 03-23-12, 09:28 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Awesome run!

Quick Reply: Nitrous Drag Raced The IS-F - 11.35@122.77