Brake Squeaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 12:47 PM
Murajitul
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Squeaking noise

Hi all,

I recently got 2011 ISF almost new...5K miles. I love the car but just this one thing......whenever I press brake gently while moving slow (2~5 mph), i keep hearing squeaking noise from the brakes. The brakes work great....but is this something I have to live with? or maybe dealers can do something?

How's everyones' ISF?

Thanks!

Last edited by caymandive; 04-14-12 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-13-12, 12:56 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the recall, for the rear brakes. Common on the ISF.

I had them replace my pads for the recall, didn't fix anything. I installed these last week and finally no more noise!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...RPBRCOAMS_____

90 bucks total.
Old 04-13-12, 01:06 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Club! I noticed you own an F in NJ, be sure to post up the color/year of your F in NEISF here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...sf-thread.html

You will notice that NELOC (North East Lexus Owners Club) is hosting a BBQ on April 28, hope you can make it. There will be a few F owners there, along with other Lexus owners:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7143074-post115.html

To answer your question, The 2011 F's have a SB, service bulletin to get the pads replaced. Take it to the dealer, and they should replace it at no cost to you.
Old 04-13-12, 08:01 PM
Murajitul
Rookie

Thank you all for your replies~~I will check with my dealer about the brakes.

And VtotheJ, I would love tol join the BBQ~~~but should I bring some food or drinks?....is beer allowed? xP
Old 04-14-12, 10:36 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Murajitul
Thank you all for your replies~~I will check with my dealer about the brakes.

And VtotheJ, I would love tol join the BBQ~~~but should I bring some food or drinks?....is beer allowed? xP
beer is not permitted but u are welcome to join...reason is we didn't get the permit for it and it would cost a lot more money to get that permit.
Old 04-14-12, 08:40 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Like I said, the dealer replaced my brakes and it didn't change a thing. I had to go aftermarket to get rid of the squeak.
Old 04-15-12, 08:08 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

Are the front brakes under warranty?...I had the rear brakes done, but the fronts are what is making the noise.
Old 04-15-12, 11:09 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

No recall exists for the front brakes.
Old 04-16-12, 07:09 AM
mikelexF
Rookie

i actually had the same problem... three of the four brakes were squeaking really bad. I went to my Lexus tech i always go to and when he took the pads off he realized there was this "paint" that was on the edge of the brake pads. he scraped them all off with a screw driver. Ever since i have no issues with low speed squeaks. hope this helps
Old 04-16-12, 07:50 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

The brakes on my 08 squeak occasionally, but I hope it starts squeaking when I need new brakes and before my factory warranty runs out, so I can get the rears replaced for free
Old 04-16-12, 09:16 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

I wouldn't recommend oem as they dust too much. if you can deal with the dust then by all means get it. get the ones that sarge got. cheaper and they dont dust as much. of course u lose some bite but not much.
Old 04-16-12, 10:37 AM
Murajitul
Rookie

I do notice lots of brake dust especially on front ones....anyhow if I replace with aftermarket pads...will the warranty avoid?....I dont think aftermarket pads will damage the rotor but maybe?....and I dont think dealers will put the aftermarket pads on for me....

evil, I notice you are from NJ....is there decent shop for recommandation on upper Jersey? I m so newbie with cars...but I would like to get some mods done with professional hands.

NE_F owners....please help~~
Old 04-16-12, 10:52 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

I assume you're from North Jersey? If that's the case I would recommend Petrolwerks in Lindenhurst, NY for any aftermarket installations. Two other NEISF members (lexuz125th and djhydro) have gone there and say their customer service is top notch and prices are reasonable.

Certain dealers will also install aftermarket parts but will not warranty the parts themselves. Teo told me to go to Lexus of Route 10 and even though it is a bit of a drive for me I am willing to go there to get my service done right. I would recommend giving them a shot as well. You can tell them the two Blue ISF's sent you (VJ and Teo). Let us know how it goes!
Old 04-16-12, 11:20 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

actually I wouldn't recommend the dealer as they will charge u an arm and a leg for changing pads. try petrolworks. i did mines with a friend who had all the tools. did it right on the streets too which is not recommended lol. do u know what pads ur going with? warranty should not be voided as they would have to prove it. example: if u install new pads and something electrical stops functioning, they would have a hard time proving that it was your brake pads that caused it. aftermarket will not damage ur rotors. installing it incorrectly will or getting the wrong pads would.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 04-16-12 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-16-12, 12:04 PM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a BBQ coming up soon thanks

Quick Reply: Brake Squeaking noise