IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What do you think about the Lexus "F" brand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 10:06 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ thank you old guy lol thats how i got my 2011 F it only had 6500 miles on it and saved $ since it was a used car.... im not sure who owns a car for only a year ar so and puts that few miles on it
Old 04-17-12, 10:29 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Repost.... j/k

Maybe a thread merge is in order... F Logo **** me off!

Doesn't bother me one bit... Our IS-F Badge is an inspiration to the entire F-Sport line up..

~ Joe Z
Old 04-17-12, 11:23 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

It kinda erks me now that I see A LOT of F-Sport 250/350's... especially when they see me drive next to them or past them. They automatically think that because they have the F symbol on their car, they have a race car or something and they feel the need to either sit on my bumper or downshift past me! lol seriously...

A guy 2 weeks ago had a 2012 F sport 350, lowered, exhaust, wheels, in USB color... I thought it was a ISF from a distance but when I got close, it obviously wasn't. I still thought the car was very clean and tastefully modded. Got next to the guy to wave and give him a thumbs up and he completely ignored me and sped off... umm, ok. More power to him.
Old 04-17-12, 01:03 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I talked to my sales guy about this topic earlier today, and all he could really tell me was, "Get used to seeing a lot more of the F-Sports".
They're selling like crazy. Along with the new GS's. He said the GS's are currently purchased more than a month out.
He also said the new IS line will be out the end of 2013 ('14 model year), but he has no idea what they look like.
Old 04-17-12, 01:56 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The F-Sport badges don't bother me at all. I know that I drive a real "F" and that's all that matters. If someone can't tell the difference between an F-Sport and an F, then too bad for him/her.
Old 04-17-12, 02:27 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Folks have talked about this before:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ss-me-off.html

Same mixed comments.

Personally, I really don't care. If it helps Lexus sell more cars, more power to them.

Lou
Old 04-17-12, 02:28 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly dont care too much about the brand/badge or mind the people with the F sport badges. people who bought the the IsF know why they bought it..and i highly doubt it was about the brand.

kudos to those who support Lexus and the Fsport brand.
Old 04-17-12, 02:33 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Regardless, the ISF is still one of the rarest sports cars out there
uhm...I don't think this is true.
Old 04-17-12, 03:37 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ i see wayyyyy more M3's than i do F's but this isnt a rare car as far as expensive goes its still affordable not like a lambo lol but he might mean rare as in you just dont see many of them around.... when i was looking for my F i found only five 2011's available in a 300 mile radius
Old 04-17-12, 03:38 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 76 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like many in here are insecure and maybe a bit snobbish as well. If selling F-Sport vehicles enables Lexus to make more true "F" cars, I'm all for it. Ten-years ago, I had a C 32 AMG and virtually every C-Class Benz I came across had the AMG "appearance" package. Many run-of-the-mill C-Class owners further blurred the lines by purchasing AMG badging, but the cognoscenti knew which cars were the real deal. As true enthusiats, we know the difference between F-Sport and "F' and that is all that should matter. Frankly, I was more annoyed when Lexus made USB available on other IS-series cars.
Old 04-17-12, 03:45 PM
ACEtheOG
Rookie

Personally it doesn't bother me one bit.

What does bother me is the lack of "real" F variety. The Lexus line up is begging for more high performance variants. Supercharge the 5.0 in the IS-F to 550ish HP and build a GS-F. Tune the 3.5 v6 to 350ish HP and build a CT-F. Take the same powerplant from the GS-F and put it into whatever the LF-LC becomes. O and a next-gen IS-F making 450ish HP.
Old 04-17-12, 03:52 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I mean, imagine it this way...how at one point or another, people stop putting "type r" or "si" badges on their car because how the community would respond to it. Yes there are people that still put it on, but not a car enthusiast. I came from the Honda community and love that community...but eventually everyone started to fight the "type r" unless it was an actual Type R (if it's not a tight car, if it's not a type r...wasn't there a stupid song about it? LOL)

But when you're on the road and you see an ACTUAL Type R...you know he's an enthusiast. Just like how you assume most M3 owners are dicks...JK...that's what Jeremy Clarkson thinks... the "F" should be connected to the highest performance and nothing more...you either got it or you don't. None of this factory modded stuff...factory modded means buy an IS F. Don't fake the funk.

I own a BMW E30 and i'm on the BMW forums a lot...M3 badges only belong on M3 model cars. If it's on anything but an E30 M3...people flame him/her to death. Even if you just have a M anywhere on the car people go ape **** about it, but the feeling about it is the same...it's not a M, so why is there an M on it? And that's my point. I understand Lexus wants to build the brand, but i think they should just build a "sport" model and keep the F for an actual F car....Hopefully Lexus does a GS-F that will compete with a BMW M5, but this GS-F Sport thing i think is lame. But like most have said, people who know, KNOW. Lexus should build the brand in such that anything with an F is the business! Because I think what they've caused now is some market confusion.

You can't compare a regular E30 to an E30 M3...maybe i'm going too far because the M3 is like...the holy grail of BMW cars and it's where it pretty much all began...for everyone! F was because of M, AMG, V, R (Audi)...just like how IS F and and a regular IS can be compared.

It's not just minor upgrades. Engine performance, brakes, suspension, interior bits, body/aero, wheels, etc. Yeah i get it, you can add all these "F Sport" mods and you'll have a pretty cool car...but in the end...if it's not an IS F, it's not an IS F
Old 04-17-12, 03:54 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Frankly, I was more annoyed when Lexus made USB available on other IS-series cars.
Ugh...dont get me started on this...USB should have been and always be an IS F only exclusive color.
Old 04-17-12, 03:58 PM
Legato
Driver

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Ugh...dont get me started on this...USB should have been and always be an IS F only exclusive color.
That would just be a rippoff of BMW Ms Interlagos Blue... I would much prefer the orange colour of the ISF race cars But yeah, I do agree there should be atleast one exclusive ISF colour.
Old 04-17-12, 04:01 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

personally i don't care, all those F-sports out there are posers

Quick Reply: What do you think about the Lexus "F" brand?