Opinions Needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 03:30 PM
af11791
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Opinions Needed!!!!

Whats up guys.
its my first time here and since you guys are the experts i thought i would ask for your opinion.
Im in the market for a 2008 ISF. I have found 2 which i like both at the same dealer in NJ. If you were to pick one which one would it be out of the 2.
This is the first one.
http://www.effectauto.com/detail-200...d-8624052.html
This is the second one.
http://www.effectauto.com/detail-200...d-8436631.html

Im so lost because when i go to the dealer i wanna go with my mind made up.
Also do you think the price of both of reasonable or can it be bought down and if say so what do you think i should offer.

Thanks a lot
Old 04-17-12, 03:34 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

those both look clean i guess it is just what color you like best?

i think the pricing sounds pretty reasonable but you can always ask for lower and see where it goes
Old 04-17-12, 03:57 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

id say the black one because it has less miles, also the brakes calipers on the blue one look like the paint is chipping

but both will probably need a lot of maintenance right off the bat, brakes, valve adjustment, spark plugs...
Old 04-17-12, 04:08 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It all depends which color you like best!
Old 04-17-12, 04:12 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Don't get me wrong but this just seems like a dealer post.
Old 04-17-12, 04:14 PM
af11791
Driver School Candidate

I like the black one because it has less miles. The dealer said that they both have manufactures warranty still in effect.
Old 04-17-12, 04:33 PM
af11791
Driver School Candidate

I'm assuming you think I'm a dealer lol. i couldn't negotiate for **** lol me being a sales person is something that i would not be able to do. Im just stuck between the 2 ISF's and i needed some opinions on which one is a better deal.
Old 04-17-12, 07:49 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,996 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Originally Posted by streetx
id say the black one because it has less miles, also the brakes calipers on the blue one look like the paint is chipping

but both will probably need a lot of maintenance right off the bat, brakes, valve adjustment, spark plugs...
Why do you say that? Valve inspection is due at 60k, but it seems most dealers are ignoring this. Mine were all in spec when I checked them, just like my Supra has been the last three times I've checked it, and it has 150k+ miles. Sparkplugs are due at 60k, so the black one needs neither the inspection nor the plugs.

Pretty unlikely a dealership will sell a car with sketchy brakes. They might go cheap on parts, but they won't let a car off the lot with brakes needing service. Their lawyers won't let them.

Pick your color. Or have the wife pick the color (that's what I did because the color doesn't matter to me). Or get the black one because it has a lot less miles on it. Whatever you do, be happy. It's an F and not many people get the opportunity to own one!
Old 04-18-12, 04:32 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Why do you say that? Valve inspection is due at 60k, but it seems most dealers are ignoring this. Mine were all in spec when I checked them, just like my Supra has been the last three times I've checked it, and it has 150k+ miles. Sparkplugs are due at 60k, so the black one needs neither the inspection nor the plugs.

Pretty unlikely a dealership will sell a car with sketchy brakes. They might go cheap on parts, but they won't let a car off the lot with brakes needing service. Their lawyers won't let them.

Pick your color. Or have the wife pick the color (that's what I did because the color doesn't matter to me). Or get the black one because it has a lot less miles on it. Whatever you do, be happy. It's an F and not many people get the opportunity to own one!
when i look at buying a car i go in thinking it does need those items or whatever maintenance there are for a particular car. If its done or if it doesnt need it great, if it does you bet im gonna haggle a lower price lol
Old 04-18-12, 05:44 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
+1. I was in love with the blue but found a deal on a white and once I saw it in person I was really taken by it. Color is a huge factor. Lower mileage is better but you need to love the color. Both cars seem in great shape overall.

I did ask my wife if white would be ok and she actually really liked it. But we both agreed that had I gotten blue, that would have fitted my personality more. So COLOR should be your decider here IMO.

Last edited by anxiouz; 04-18-12 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-18-12, 08:17 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't make your mind up yet. I dont base my decision on photos of the cars. You are assuming both of them are in very good condition.

Go see both, Inspect them thoroughly, test drive them, then decide.
Old 04-19-12, 09:44 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would go to check on the cars in personal, see how the paint is holding up and how the car drives.
Old 04-19-12, 06:44 PM
af11791
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for all the info. I will probably go and check both of them out and talk numbers. Hopefully everything checks out. Also did any of you notice a piece missing on the front bumper of the black one towards the left headlight? Whats the deal with that?
Old 04-19-12, 09:18 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I dunno either??

Old 04-19-12, 09:48 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ The missing piece is the front tow hook cover.

Terrance

Quick Reply: Opinions Needed!!!!