IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-12, 01:57 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back!

As of a couple of hours ago I am a 2012 Mercury Metallic IS-F owner. I won't take delivery of the car until tomorrow or Friday, but the paperwork is done and I'm now tooling around in a loaner IS250.

I had a 2008 IS-F a few years back. I really enjoyed that car so when I started looking for a new daily driver that would be both fun and somewhat practical I decided to go with another F. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my new toy.

I also want to give a big thanks to Chris over a Sewell Lexus for taking care of me on the deal. He owns a 2011 F and goes by FsportDFW around here. It was nice dealing with a fellow car enthusiast.

I will post up pics when the car arrives.
Old 04-18-12, 02:15 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

welcome back!
Old 04-18-12, 03:37 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Welcome back! We need to get a bunch of us together and go to Cars and Coffee!!!

Originally Posted by Cabinetman
As of a couple of hours ago I am a 2012 Mercury Metallic IS-F owner. I won't take delivery of the car until tomorrow or Friday, but the paperwork is done and I'm now tooling around in a loaner IS250.

I had a 2008 IS-F a few years back. I really enjoyed that car so when I started looking for a new daily driver that would be both fun and somewhat practical I decided to go with another F. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my new toy.

I also want to give a big thanks to Chris over a Sewell Lexus for taking care of me on the deal. He owns a 2011 F and goes by FsportDFW around here. It was nice dealing with a fellow car enthusiast.

Old 04-18-12, 03:55 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFSteve
Welcome back! We need to get a bunch of us together and go to Cars and Coffee!!!
I would love to go. I've never been to Cars and Coffee as I tend to stay in Tarrant county most of the time. I might try to go in June once my son's baseball season is over. I'm always at the ballpark on Saturdays right now.
Old 04-18-12, 04:07 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back! This is one of the first forums I've seen people sell their older models cars to get the same model but newer...thats awesome. It really shows what a truely complete car this is.

So I take it you really reaLLY super dooper like cabinets??
Old 04-18-12, 04:16 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice to see yet another old F owner return for a second one. So many improvements between the years, and having the latest model year, you have the ability to see just how much those improvements have translated to a better driving feel. Enjoy your new F!
Old 04-18-12, 04:33 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome back!
Old 04-18-12, 04:55 PM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
So I take it you really reaLLY super dooper like cabinets??
It is how I pay for the toys. Not very creative, but I rarely join a forum where somebody already has that user name.
Old 04-18-12, 05:40 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Welcome back. With all previous cars I've always had other thoughts/options that might sway me to trade them in (like a steal on a MKIV TT Supra which has been a dreamcar of mine for 20+ years) but with the ISF I honestly can't think of what car I would be ok with next. Like 99% of the F owners here, a GTR of course would fit the bill if we could afford it, but in the real world...I think I found my perfect car in the F and it'll be tough to let her go!
Old 04-19-12, 07:23 AM
FsportDFW
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cabinetman

Although Kevin copied my exact car, he's still a pretty cool guy. Don't let him fool you- he LOVES cabinets. It's all he talked about.
Old 04-19-12, 08:53 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anxiouz
Welcome back. With all previous cars I've always had other thoughts/options that might sway me to trade them in (like a steal on a MKIV TT Supra which has been a dreamcar of mine for 20+ years) but with the ISF I honestly can't think of what car I would be ok with next. Like 99% of the F owners here, a GTR of course would fit the bill if we could afford it, but in the real world...I think I found my perfect car in the F and it'll be tough to let her go!
I've been down the road of trying to get the next best car instead of being happy with what I have. After the F I tried the M3, GT-R (I had both an '11 and '12) and 997.2 C2S. They were all great cars but in the end I prefer the F as a daily driver. If i still had the funds to have a weekend toy sitting in the garage I would no doubt have a '12 or '13 GT-R.
Old 04-19-12, 09:03 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Congrats..!!
&
Welcome Back for Round 2 ...

~ Joe Z
Old 04-19-12, 09:25 AM
FsportDFW
Driver School Candidate

Someone is about to be very happy.
Old 04-19-12, 09:25 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back! Nice to see a fellow Sewell Owner. Got our 4 cars through Dawn Betrus, great sales person and a great friend. Once in possession, we expect pics.
Old 04-20-12, 07:54 AM
Cabinetman
Pole Position

Here are a couple of crappy iPhone picks of my new F.

Quick Reply: I'm back!