IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-12, 10:56 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man this is getting intense. I hope the thief gets what he deserves...
Old 04-29-12, 07:16 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyster2007
Police come to the pawn shop on Thursday morning, the wheels had been sold to a guy which living in Philly. Lucky the pawn shop has all the record, and police found the buyer. The buyer will bring the wheel to the Philadelphia lexus dealership( I guess the one in havertown, PA) to check the wheel is coming from my car or not. Police also know who sell the wheels to the pawn shop, but has to wait for the buyer to bring to the dealership to prove it before they can arrest somebody. My insurance is paid to Lexus $12950 already, I have to pay $260 from my pocket. Wheels has to order from Japan, don't know how long it takes. Rotor isn't damage, but the protector ( the one protect the rotor away the rock) has damaged, also has to wait for the part to come. It is all I knew from right now, thanks for everyone helping
If these wheels are indeed yours, this person is gonna get nailed for grand theft.
Old 04-29-12, 03:25 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by stick
Is there anyway that someone or a person at Lexus can "clear the memory" of the TPMS sensors to avoid being traced back to a car?

OP, I hope you get your wheels back!
Wheels can not be cleared, they broadcast the same serial all the time. The car is cleared for what wheels it is looking for. As long as the car has not been cleared (dealer notified I hope) it can ID the wheels.
Old 04-30-12, 10:40 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow FYI for All...

Originally Posted by stick
Is there anyway that someone or a person at Lexus can "clear the memory" of the TPMS sensors to avoid being traced back to a car?
Well the 4 unique sensor ID's are also printed on the sensor themselves... So they cannot be cleared...

If the transmitting ID numbers or printed ID numbers, match the numbers registered inside the cars memory.. Then it should easily be cased closed..

(Unless the seller or buyer of the wheels, removed all 4 sensors )

The TPMS alphanumeric ID's are always 7 characters long.. (for Lexus / Toyota)

Below is a Techstream sample screen shot of a cars TPMS system with 4 registered ID numbers being displayed on the laptop.

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-30-12 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-30-12, 10:50 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

The price for the new wheels is insane! To think that they cost 1/5 of the total price of the car.
Old 04-30-12, 06:51 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascari_2
The price for the new wheels is insane! To think that they cost 1/5 of the total price of the car.
Yup, it cracks me up even more that people replace them with garbage aftermarket stuff.
Old 05-01-12, 04:32 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

So what is the status on this? Did you get your wheels back yet? Did the cops bust whoever is responsible?
Old 05-02-12, 05:55 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

bump for update
Old 05-02-12, 08:08 AM
Mazda6drvr
Driver School Candidate

First let me say I am deeply sorry for the OP's loss. I had my entire stereo system jacked when I was in undergrad (including the Monster cable connecting the components) so I know that sickening feeling you get when someone has stolen something from you. To make it worse, it was in a hotel parking lot with surveillance. I was able to watch these pros jack my **** in just over 90 seconds.

Second, I don't drive a Lexus. I drive a pearl blue mazda 6 and have been interested in putting some ISF wheels on the ride...hence how I came across this unfortunate incident. Now the price of these wheels is not the only deterrant on my mind...

OP- any updates??
Old 05-02-12, 08:16 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Eagerly awaiting an update. . . . .
Old 05-02-12, 01:25 PM
scrosby
Driver

....and the crowd roars...

update! update! update!
Old 05-04-12, 04:20 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Well?????????
Old 05-04-12, 05:27 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Yup, it cracks me up even more that people replace them with garbage aftermarket stuff.
I hope you realize that the stock wheels are BBS, which is an aftermarket comp. right? You probably meant aftermarket knock-offs like Rotas or others.

The design of the stock wheels (pretty much all stock wheels) were made to compliment the look of the car, longevity, durability (e.g., pot holes, driver age) and above all appealing to the most wide range of potential customers.

But proven aftermarket companies like HRE, BBS, Volks, and others focus less on "mass appeal" and more on individual design, focusing on the wheel itself rather than if it complements a certain car. What you get is a more individual design wheel that weights less while maintaining the same if not better strength and durability.

Comparing any wheel by pricing is very very shortsighted.
Old 05-04-12, 05:35 PM
cyster2007
Rookie

I just pickup my car on Thursday afternoon. The wheels has proved is mine, I think police has arrested the one who stole my wheels(Police didn't call me). Insurance guy has told me that they will buy the original wheels back. Now my question is if I install the aftermarket alarm and the sensor, will my warrenty be void?
Old 05-04-12, 05:47 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cyster2007
I just pickup my car on Thursday afternoon. The wheels has proved is mine, I think police has arrested the one who stole my wheels(Police didn't call me). Insurance guy has told me that they will buy the original wheels back. Now my question is if I install the aftermarket alarm and the sensor, will my warrenty be void?
wow I hope the guy who did this really get it...glad that u have them back and yes install the tilt sensor and alarm...I don't think it will void any warranty

Quick Reply: My 2012 IS-F Wheels has been Stolen