IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Header Comparison: Sikky vs. PPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-13, 08:05 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I agree with blitz, that's the first I'ved heard of rattles due to sikky headers. Installation is KEY no matter if it is Sikky or PPE. Go to one that has experience.

As for Sikkys vs. PPE, and I do agree with Lowridaz about the need to "not start another war"..... I carefully whisper that I have read many more CELs threads with PPEs than I do with Sikkys (5:1)....my own anecdotal evidence, from my bad memory at times...
99% of the time though the codes have been due to an incorrect installation of the O2 sim on PPE... SOO I do agree installation is key.
Old 01-05-13, 12:38 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ LOL i can contribute to a PPE CEL thread and yes it was due to the O2 sim wiring... but after that was fixed the car was good to go!

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 01-05-13 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-05-13, 03:24 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zapa
99% of the time though the codes have been due to an incorrect installation of the O2 sim on PPE... SOO I do agree installation is key.
I agree I had a CEL with my installation after contacting Paul several times it turned out the instructions for the o2 were incorrect we corrected the problem my CEL had been almost a year ago no issues.
Old 01-05-13, 04:59 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by g356gear
For the guys who have them, where do you guys rank the PPE vs Sikky headers? Quality, power, etc. I have read the other threads on the PPE and Sikky but was looking to create a combined thread that guys could chime in on. Thanks.
Having installed both PPE and Sikky headers my strong opinion (which is really fact) is that the PPE headers are hands down a better part. The quality comparison speaks for it's self. As for fittment the first set I installed where PPE and the install was very very straight forward and done quickly. Installing Sikky headers was just plane awful. I spend twice the time on the install even with the experience of knowing the process. The fittment issues where bad to the point that I had to create clearances to make them fit. I've worked with my fair share of performance parts over the years and Sikky ISF headers are right up there with the highest lack of detail.

To all you guys with Sikky headers I'm sorry to bash them but it's just my experience. Beyond the install they seem to work well. Out of site, out of mind I guess.
Old 01-05-13, 06:33 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Having installed both PPE and Sikky headers my strong opinion (which is really fact) is that the PPE headers are hands down a better part. The quality comparison speaks for it's self. As for fittment the first set I installed where PPE and the install was very very straight forward and done quickly. Installing Sikky headers was just plane awful. I spend twice the time on the install even with the experience of knowing the process. The fittment issues where bad to the point that I had to create clearances to make them fit. I've worked with my fair share of performance parts over the years and Sikky ISF headers are right up there with the highest lack of detail.

To all you guys with Sikky headers I'm sorry to bash them but it's just my experience. Beyond the install they seem to work well. Out of site, out of mind I guess.
This decided the headers question for me.

Last edited by Lexura1414; 01-05-13 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-06-13, 10:43 AM
Asianjedi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, lots of things to ponder on choosing but since I am close to Bmore and Caymandive's recommendation, I think Sikky is right for me.
Old 01-13-13, 06:23 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Asianjedi
Wow, lots of things to ponder on choosing but since I am close to Bmore and Caymandive's recommendation, I think Sikky is right for me.
It's a win win either way you go.
Old 01-13-13, 08:28 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed my ppe headers combined with my joe z exhaust and i must say its sounds like a beast now n i fell inlove with my car all over again
Old 01-14-13, 08:18 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

PPE son now lets get a group buy!
Old 01-14-13, 08:49 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 96817isf
i just installed my ppe headers combined with my joe z exhaust and i must say its sounds like a beast now n i fell inlove with my car all over again

Throw in the intake you got a 500hp beast.
Old 01-14-13, 10:46 AM
VegasISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
PPE son now lets get a group buy!
^^^ Agreed!! Count me in!
Old 01-14-13, 10:53 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Maybe JE should start another group buy for sikky headers too, like the previous year ^_^
Old 01-14-13, 10:54 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Maybe JE should start another group buy for sikky headers too, like the previous year ^_^
+1

i was talking to them about install and purchase, everything was going good then communication was cut off out of no where which is weird. i never got my returned phone call.
Old 01-14-13, 11:40 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My black PPE headers should be shipping out today. Paul has been outstanding to work with!!
Old 01-14-13, 12:48 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Had a question for header users and thought this would be a good place to post rather than starting a new thread. Have any users had issues with heat from the headers and surrounding wiring or other hoses/engine components? With the compact space in which the headers reside and these taking up slightly more room than the oem manifolds I was curious as to whether this is or will become an issue. I think the OEMs have a heat shield. Not sure how effective this is and if it is, could one be made or adapted to the aftermarket headers. I would think that this piece of metal would heat up and radiate heat too but, I am probably over simplifying. Also, would the stock manifolds radiate more or less heat based on the material they are made of? I thought this might introduce a new question into this debate base on build quality, materials used and coatings.

Quick Reply: ISF Header Comparison: Sikky vs. PPE