IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-12, 10:06 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
We apologize for the inconvinience of not having numbers but we are working on the grounding issue, getting customers products out, and making sure there is a proper install vid with all modification needed to have the product work properly. Getting the product kinks out is our #1 priority. We will get to your numbers as soon as all the issues are done. Don't worry it will be sooner then you think.
1. Was there not a grounding issue to be worked out during development?

2. Getting products out......you mentioned tests in January... 3 MONTHS before the group orders began...getting products out should not have even been an issue yet

3. Including instructions of some nature should have been an inherent part of your product development process. Even for a noob like me the install was a piece of cake (after seeing FOV's video). It was simply the fact you guys didn't include anything at all. As a customer, it left me with a big "WTF? Are you kidding me" moment.

4. Additionally, I had the same problems that HAHAHAF had with you all; however, I at least received the product at the expected time.

I'm done ranting/complaining about this b/c I really do appreciate your team's effort to help us improve our Fs and hope you all continue to do so in the future. I only ask that you guys sit down and really think out your entire process next time, so these types of situations are avoided in the future. Hire an extra guy to help with production and handle logistics like this, if your financials have room for it. Anyway, good luck with everything going forward!
Old 06-04-12, 10:43 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast

1. Was there not a grounding issue to be worked out during development?

2. Getting products out......you mentioned tests in January... 3 MONTHS before the group orders began...getting products out should not have even been an issue yet

3. Including instructions of some nature should have been an inherent part of your product development process. Even for a noob like me the install was a piece of cake (after seeing FOV's video). It was simply the fact you guys didn't include anything at all. As a customer, it left me with a big "WTF? Are you kidding me" moment.

4. Additionally, I had the same problems that HAHAHAF had with you all; however, I at least received the product at the expected time.

I'm done ranting/complaining about this b/c I really do appreciate your team's effort to help us improve our Fs and hope you all continue to do so in the future. I only ask that you guys sit down and really think out your entire process next time, so these types of situations are avoided in the future. Hire an extra guy to help with production and handle logistics like this, if your financials have room for it. Anyway, good luck with everything going forward!
melbitoast: My car didn't have the grounding or the horn vibration issue. It was the first person that installed them that came across that issues. He also made us an install video that was posted on the thread. Honestly it was a huge help since we were scrambling to solve an issue we couldn't reproduce on our shop F.

Most of the R&D we did in the beginning was to make sure the product was safe and didn't produce any check engine lights or ECU Errors. That was my #1 concern before releasing the prototypes. The rest of the result we have came up with, were in the process of being tested when we ran into this issue. So we put all our resources into solving the problem. We didn't think that numbers were a priority over the grounding and vibration issue. We have figures, we just don't feel we can post them without making sure they are accurate.

We live... we learn man! Most of the customers issues have been addressed and we are concentrating our efforts on making an install video with the new parts that will be included in the kit. After that it is numbers time. We also developed a Shopping Cart plug in to our web site to streamline the ordering and tracking process.
Old 06-04-12, 11:34 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

so here's my most unscientific review after driving my car with them on a but

driving normally like I always do, I notice a gain in mpg if about .5-1 mpg on the cars mpg display. I guess if that's somewhat accurate its pay for itself in a few years.

as for making power? I didn't notice anything and for the people who say they do should prolly bring their *** dyno for a service because even if it made 10hp more, I doubt you'd feel it. and the only really way to dyno this in would prolly have to be in a wind tunnel. or at least that's the only way I can think of that you could simulate driving the car in a controlled environment
Old 06-04-12, 11:39 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the customer service may be an issue to some customers
but i don't deny that its a good product

Last edited by hahahaf; 06-04-12 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-04-12, 12:07 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

shipping methods!

We only ship UPS and Fed Ex. Shipping to Canada is cheaper threw UPS. We do not use USPS.

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 06-05-12 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-04-12, 01:07 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hahahaf
it came today
39 dollars brokerage fee coming from ups to canada
I kindly asked if they could use usps or any other courier to avoid that.
Well they couldn't
thanks for that
seriously , your gonna complain about that? That is not something new, those fees have always been there. You know this living in Canada. Soo you give this company ***** because you wanted to haggle your way outta NORMAL fees? Grow up. Order the scoops from that Local company that made them........oh wait ....nobody else makes em. Or you can just move to the states....no fees

All in all this company is the ONLY company trying to make our car better, with more aftermarket parts.......and you wanna bring em down??? Get off their backs, and support companies that are working for you.
Old 06-04-12, 02:33 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

So I hate to sound like a broken record. But I really want to make sure everyone if accounted for.

If anyone that originally ordered the Scoops ( not any new orders ) has not gotten them or has any issues please PM us. We checked and everyone that had an issue has been responded to but want to make sure we didn't miss anyone.

Janoy

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 06-05-12 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-04-12, 04:44 PM
Nate008
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Janoy. Just got mine in the mail today. I need to find that video that was posted.
Old 06-04-12, 04:46 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,982 Likes on 2,410 Posts

How about we focus on the product reviews and let ISS work their customer service issues without adding to this thread?
Old 06-04-12, 06:34 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^^
ill be the first to start by saying these do absolutely nothing and if they are redirecting a bit more air into the air intake it is not enough to notice. The scoops are purely for aesthetic reasons! Thats just my two cents though.
Old 06-04-12, 07:37 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would these fit an ISx50?
Old 06-04-12, 09:21 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
seriously , your gonna complain about that? That is not something new, those fees have always been there. You know this living in Canada. Soo you give this company ***** because you wanted to haggle your way outta NORMAL fees? Grow up. Order the scoops from that Local company that made them........oh wait ....nobody else makes em. Or you can just move to the states....no fees

All in all this company is the ONLY company trying to make our car better, with more aftermarket parts.......and you wanna bring em down??? Get off their backs, and support companies that are working for you.
well said man well said how u goin hate on a company thats helping our community im tryin to get my rmi scoops order asap..lol just to try um out c how i like um if not i can always put it on my girls car since she got the same car not a total waste..lol
Old 06-05-12, 03:43 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans

I'm just pointing it out for other canadians
i knew this going in. some companies are able to use a different courier company at request and some arent
some find it hard to call in a pickup to a better courier and can not make exceptions
honestly even ups says not to use ups coming up from the states
on a side note no those fees haven't always been there. brokerage is not tax. brokerage is paperwork that other companies do not charge on small items and if they do its 10 bucks max
ups can charge whatever fee they see fit. I've been told its not even based on value

I was a little hard on them.
and I can not say anything bad about the product and work they put in to it:thumb up:
so all is well

Last edited by hahahaf; 06-05-12 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-05-12, 04:43 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
^^^^^
ill be the first to start by saying these do absolutely nothing and if they are redirecting a bit more air into the air intake it is not enough to notice. The scoops are purely for aesthetic reasons! Thats just my two cents though.
pft, u didn't read my totally unscientific review. lol
Old 06-05-12, 08:41 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Would these fit an ISx50?
Hey MiiK350,

In the case of the ISx50...the Scoops will fit the car, but they won't really do anything because the front under hood cover is sealed.

-VJ

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review