IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12 | 03:58 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Hey guys here is the install thread with the fix for the Horn Issue. If anyone spots anything we miised Please PM us and we will add it to the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tructions.html
Old 06-07-12 | 05:48 PM
jchong
Driver

My scoops finally came in today!!! I didn't even remember what colour I ordered lol
Old 06-07-12 | 10:04 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

why is it taking so long for issforged to get back to me? i sent them a email a few days ago and no word. is this common?
Old 06-08-12 | 06:35 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 96817isf
why is it taking so long for issforged to get back to me? i sent them a email a few days ago and no word. is this common?
It's a 2 man shop for now. They just finished making the exhaust for the new GS. They are busy busy
Old 06-08-12 | 06:38 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hahahaf
I was a little hard on them.
and I can not say anything bad about the product and work they put in to it:thumb up:
so all is well
It's all good my forum brother, no beef :thumbsup:
Old 06-08-12 | 07:53 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
It's a 2 man shop for now. They just finished making the exhaust for the new GS. They are busy busy
that's not a valid excuse

they have time to make forum post but not answer emails?
Old 06-08-12 | 07:56 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 96817isf
Hey 96817isf,

I've responded to every email in my inbox, what email address are you sending from and to?
This way I can try and search it in our system asap.

Thanks,
VJ
Old 06-08-12 | 08:22 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by streetx

Your absolutely right. If a company has time to post they have time to reply to emails. There is probably a good explanation to why the email didn't get replied to. I checked all the PM's and he was responded to in a timely manner asking him to send an email so we can send him the CC form. I also checked VJs inbox and everything in his inbox has been respond to. We have contacted the member to see if maybe his email went into the junk mail box but without knowing from who the email is coming from it is very difficult.

I would like to point out though that this member did get a reply to his PM and after not getting a reply to his email automatically comes on a thread to say his emails was not responded to. A pm to check if we got the email would be a more appropriate approach to the situation and a bit more proactive.

Janoy
Old 06-08-12 | 08:24 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jchong
My scoops finally came in today!!! I didn't even remember what colour I ordered lol
jchong we posted an install thread and if you have any issue or question don't hesitate to give us a call.

Here is the link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tructions.html

Last edited by Fitment Factory; 06-08-12 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-08-12 | 08:36 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by streetx

Never said it was valid, just stated a fact
Old 06-08-12 | 11:18 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Default RMI Scoops

Update: after receiving two identical scoops I requested another one for the drivers side which had more holes to accommodate the hood latch. I received one for each side and they were wrapped in a protective clear film....nice upgrade!!!
Thanks Again RMI.....installing them this weekend and changing the spark plugs to E3's!! Hoping to get a combined hp increase of maybe 5-6 hp. Gotta find it in every direction. Who knows....maybe it will be more when we see the dyno numbers. I can feel it with just one scoop installed so i know it is bringing something to the table. Maybe my car is more sensitive to the fact since I had the intake manifold and throttle body ported and polished. I'm telling you.....better performance. I can see it will shift to a higher gear under normal driving like it is breathing better. Subtle difference, but that's what I expected.....I recommend them.
Old 06-08-12 | 11:27 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

VJ / Janoy - Please check your PM and email. Thanks.
Old 06-08-12 | 12:17 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
VJ / Janoy - Please check your PM and email. Thanks.
Replied! Let me know how the instruction work and if we need to add anything.
Old 06-08-12 | 02:02 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^ Thank you! Sure will.
Old 06-08-12 | 09:58 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vintage
I can feel it with just one scoop installed so i know it is bringing something to the table. Maybe my car is more sensitive to the fact since I had the intake manifold and throttle body ported and polished. I'm telling you.....better performance. I can see it will shift to a higher gear under normal driving like it is breathing better. Subtle difference, but that's what I expected.....I recommend them.
If you can feel even 10whp at the 330whp-ish stock level you have the most acute sensitivity of any human I've ever met. Usually when ~5-10whp is felt at the 300+whp level it's based on noise more than anything.

I don't doubt your gains based on the extra porting but do feel it based on this mod is not something I can accept. We still don't have dynos from the manuf which to me is a great concern.

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review