IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-12, 01:19 PM
jchong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine on! Was anyone else not able to get the stock washers off the bolts? Lol... I made it work non the less. Going for a drive now!
Old 06-12-12, 11:25 AM
mikelexF
Rookie

i just did 381km (about 236miles) and used exactly a 1/2 tank of gas. It was all highway driving.
Old 06-12-12, 11:45 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^ Wow that's really good MPG. I can at most get to 400 miles on a full tank all highway.
Old 06-12-12, 11:50 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
^^^ Wow that's really good MPG. I can at most get to 400 miles on a full tank all highway.
The factory gas gauge is not linear in its display. Please do not use the gas gauge to evaluate mileage performance.
Old 06-12-12, 12:42 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
LOL I must be the biggest a hole driver ever... I have never gotten even close to 400 on a tank. Not even on road trips!!!! LOL

I need to put my foot an a diet.
Old 06-12-12, 01:07 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

I left from my destination with a full tank from the gas station and when i got home the fuel gauge just dropped to 1/2 tank as i was getting into the city. AND this was all highway driving cruising At 130KM/h(80mph) non stop. Skeptics can remain skeptics. I'm happy with the purchase. Thanks ISS!!

Last edited by mikelexF; 06-12-12 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 01:10 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikelexF
I left from my destination with a full tank from the gas station and when i got home the fuel gauge just dropped to 1/2 tank as i getting into the city. AND this was all highway driving cruising At 130KM/h(80mph) non stop. Skeptics can remain skeptics. I'm happy with the purchase. Thanks ISS!!
We're glad to see that you like the scoops Mike!!

Enjoy tearing up the streets!! and not so much so when you're getting better gas mileage loll
Old 06-12-12, 01:11 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikelexF
I left from my destination with a full tank from the gas station and when i got home the fuel gauge just dropped to 1/2 tank as i getting into the city. AND this was all highway driving cruising At 130KM/h(80mph) non stop. Skeptics can remain skeptics. I'm happy with the purchase. Thanks ISS!!

You drove an undisclosed distance and lost half a tank of gas. This is science at its best, do you work in the medical industry? LOL

I'm going to make parts for the ISF, too bad its not a larger group of people.
Old 06-12-12, 01:22 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
You drove an undisclosed distance and lost half a tank of gas. This is science at its best, do you work in the medical industry? LOL

FYI 381 km was the exact km i travelled from point A to Point B. SO why dont u buy a pair of scoops and test them yourself instead of talkin all this smack.
Old 06-12-12, 01:24 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I mean come on, you guys are so silly!
Old 06-12-12, 01:32 PM
mikelexF
Rookie

im not a scientist or even a big car buff.. Im just stating what i see. like i said some people will be skeptical of this mod. I was one of them too. But for $200 i took a shot. I had really crappy gas mileage before and now i just see what i see in the gauge and the money left in my wallet, that's it... I apologize if i came off rude SEANGTS. ISS, I think deserve some credit for even trying to build mods for our cars...
Old 06-12-12, 01:35 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally think they just look good and the fact of it maybe working to increase and improve gas mileage and possibly add some hp is just a plus for me. Going to be placing an order in next week
Old 06-13-12, 08:13 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SeanGTS

So keeping it scientific.

#1. How would you test the product?

#2 Why do you believe the product doesn't work even though you haven't tested it?

#3 How can you explain that this product works on other cars but won't work on the F?

#4 And if the product is proven to work, would you buy a set?

SeanGTS if you have ideas for products for the F please step to the plate and make it happen. There is a lack of parts for the car and it would be great to see other people contributing.
Old 06-13-12, 09:06 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A more scientific test or at least one based on a greater pool of data would be for one of the individuals who has logged thier gas milage (hand caluculated) over the life of the ownership of thier F as a baseline. Then if they install the scoops and run the car for a month or more doing thier regular driving as before charting the MPG. Comparing the new numbers to the old would give a fairly decent review of any benifits from a MPG standpoint. As for a HP/TQ increase, I think that will be harder since the device is not easily dynoed and trap speed/ET is so variable based on weather, temp, elevation and driver consistancy.
Old 06-13-12, 09:58 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
A more scientific test or at least one based on a greater pool of data would be for one of the individuals who has logged thier gas milage (hand caluculated) over the life of the ownership of thier F as a baseline. Then if they install the scoops and run the car for a month or more doing thier regular driving as before charting the MPG. Comparing the new numbers to the old would give a fairly decent review of any benifits from a MPG standpoint. As for a HP/TQ increase, I think that will be harder since the device is not easily dynoed and trap speed/ET is so variable based on weather, temp, elevation and driver consistancy.
this is me. I've recorded every fill and i take it to empty every time
same gas every time
Im very consistent
ill post results after I've gone through a few tanks

on a side note
I also noticed myself rolling 9.5L per 100 km highway without the scoops
since the scoops I've noticed me being able to get as low as 8.8 and a 9.0 easy
I dont recall being able to get that low before

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review