IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 06:59 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
This is a joke right... You feel the power difference from these.... Your going faster cause your wallet is lighter
hahaha agreed

lets get some real reviews up here like this thread says
I think the gains will be small and hard to prove

im one of the last on the 90 list but I record all of my fill ups and mpg so i will be able to provide some information when I get them
Old 04-29-12, 07:42 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay so i just put them on and i had the same issue with the horns not being grounded so i need to go get some rubber washers and mess around with it. But it looks good with both of them on.
Old 04-29-12, 08:05 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed bryans and i had same issue. Since the horns only have one wire going into them, the circuit is completed by taking off some paint from the back of the scoops. Same issue with harness, but i was able to get a little more slack by pulling on it a little after unclipping it. I then reclipped it. Now, these are neat and im in for group buys, but i think this one i can do myself. For those who dont think it works and need data and whatever they are asking for, its a simple mod, and dyno runs wont help. This mod is only for highway, top end runs, track. Thats where this will work. I am willing to try these out at the track here in galveston and see what results i come up with. Then we could see the difference. Imho, these will work. Its simple, rammed outside temp air going into the intake. Not heat soaked air coming from the engine. Again, nice mod, and small gains, but i thinks its worth it.
Old 04-29-12, 10:12 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Hey how did you guys fix the ground issues.
Old 04-29-12, 10:14 AM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Just take a wire brush and remove paint around where the horn mounts to the metal. That will make a good ground and your horn should work.
Old 04-29-12, 10:27 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

How big of an area around the hole
Old 04-29-12, 11:12 AM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

what size of rubber washer and where does it go in the "fix" you are talking about?"
Old 04-29-12, 12:19 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

I didnt use any rubber spacers, or washers. We were very limited on toold. VERY limited. I had a 10mm 12mm chanel locks and the screw driver that comes in the lexus tool bag kit. The scoops and takeda intake were installed using these only lol. I used the channel locks and scraped just enouth to make the ground circuit.
Old 04-29-12, 01:49 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have two ISFs side by side, with same or similar mods. Do some highway pulls and record the outcome, then install the scoops and proceed to do some more highway pulls, starting on the same speed and gear as in the initial pulls. Post the results.
Old 04-29-12, 01:52 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Juanca
Have two ISFs side by side, with same or similar mods. Do some highway pulls and record the outcome, then install the scoops and proceed to do some more highway pulls, starting on the same speed and gear as in the initial pulls. Post the results.
I'm sure Elmer would be down to do this with me but he is still on stock exhaust. Hurry and order a joez lol
Old 04-29-12, 02:28 PM
NTXISF
Driver School Candidate

How about someone post up some pictures?
Old 04-29-12, 02:54 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Here ya go. I like the look of it with my custom grille and it match my blue fogs!
Attached Thumbnails Rmi scoops review-photo.jpg   Rmi scoops review-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 04-29-12, 02:55 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
Its on! Lets race!
Old 04-29-12, 03:30 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
I'm sure Elmer would be down to do this with me but he is still on stock exhaust. Hurry and order a joez lol

Ufolk!!!!!!!! Lol tomorrow, after work. I should have my bumper and hood back on, Fasho. We still meeting at my job so we can go to the lexus dealership? We can run, your mods against mine, been wanting to see where i stand agains another isf with mods. Ive ran 4 and pulled all of those. Cant wait now and as for exhaust, i may have to listen to a isf with the iss track
Old 04-29-12, 03:47 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

*** dyno is the most accurate dyno...

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review