Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 07:00 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
Zapa:
I'm in the Norfolk area must have missed the post about these coming up for sale. Any idea of how to get a set now? I commute quite a bit down to border of north Carolina and would love any boost in mileage and highway pedal response. Also are there alot of F owners in the area? I have only seen one and it was Obsidian hoping to see more but no luck so far.
I know there are now 5 Fs in the 757 including you. The black one you saw i believe belongs to a guy on here with the nick of liebsaz. There is also a new guy that lives in NY but says he is down here Norfolk all the time from government work. He has a MM isf and his nick is pierre2k5. I know my dads tech guy has an F but i don't think he is on here.

But about getting a set of scoops i don't think its going to help your gas mileage at all. If your still set on getting a set though I would call up ISS and ask them if you can get a set. If not i can always give you the dimensions and you can make your own. The only thing that actually helped my mpg was my JOE Z exhaust. I actually saw a mile a gallon increase maybe more.

If you are interested in getting some good pics of your F my friends and I are planing to do a photo shoot we are trying to get it at an aircraft hanger.
Old 05-01-12, 07:15 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
I know there are now 5 Fs in the 757 including you. The black one you saw i believe belongs to a guy on here with the nick of liebsaz. There is also a new guy that lives in NY but says he is down here Norfolk all the time from government work. He has a MM isf and his nick is pierre2k5. I know my dads tech guy has an F but i don't think he is on here.

But about getting a set of scoops i don't think its going to help your gas mileage at all. If your still set on getting a set though I would call up ISS and ask them if you can get a set. If not i can always give you the dimensions and you can make your own. The only thing that actually helped my mpg was my JOE Z exhaust. I actually saw a mile a gallon increase maybe more.

If you are interested in getting some good pics of your F my friends and I are planing to do a photo shoot we are trying to get it at an aircraft hanger.
Dat boy sapa is fancy! Toes done, f done everything did! Lmao, looks good and the headers intake and exhaust mod have made my car get an average of 28 on highway, city, its too hard notto punch it, as for the scoops imma get them did!
Old 05-01-12, 07:28 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Dat boy sapa is fancy! Toes done, f done everything did! Lmao, looks good and the headers intake and exhaust mod have made my car get an average of 28 on highway, city, its too hard notto punch it, as for the scoops imma get them did!
Its Zapa.... Im just messing with ya. Im not sure if I'm gonna go with headers anytime soon, i want to and I have the cash to do it but I'm not sure its quite worth it. I think i will wait until my warranty is up.

Im about to get my roof did in black carbon fiber vinyl and I'm looking into getting a rear diffuser to flow with the carbon fiber theme i gots going.
Old 05-02-12, 10:26 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Default Other ways to find results...

I was looking up some information about the OBDII ports and what information we can pull from the car using that port. If anyone that has installed the scoops has one of these devices that read data from the car, I don't have one (yet), they can run tests with the scoops in and out and get some great information on Intake Temp, Intake Pressure and Mass Air Flow. Hopefully we would see some changes with and without the scoops.

We should be able to get a lot more than just butt dyno results with these devices. Is anyone willing to give it a shot?
Old 05-02-12, 10:47 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Its Zapa.... Im just messing with ya. Im not sure if I'm gonna go with headers anytime soon, i want to and I have the cash to do it but I'm not sure its quite worth it. I think i will wait until my warranty is up.
DO IT NOW. This is by far, the most effective power producing mod there is for the F. Why wait It's DEFINITETLY worth it And, PPE of course.

Lou
Old 05-02-12, 10:55 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
DO IT NOW. This is by far, the most effective power producing mod there is for the F. Why wait It's DEFINITETLY worth it And, PPE of course.

Lou
What this guy said, but im on sikky. Cant ***** about mine, they so damn sexxii! And worth it.
Old 05-02-12, 10:57 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FOVFR421
I was looking up some information about the OBDII ports and what information we can pull from the car using that port. If anyone that has installed the scoops has one of these devices that read data from the car, I don't have one (yet), they can run tests with the scoops in and out and get some great information on Intake Temp, Intake Pressure and Mass Air Flow. Hopefully we would see some changes with and without the scoops.

We should be able to get a lot more than just butt dyno results with these devices. Is anyone willing to give it a shot?
Im going to be performing the test as soon as mine come in the mail.
Old 05-02-12, 02:53 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Lou
Im just not sure I want to do it right now. I am scared something will go wrong with my cars engine and having header will void the warranty and then be out like 20K that does not sound fun to me.
Old 05-02-12, 03:35 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Im just not sure I want to do it right now. I am scared something will go wrong with my cars engine and having header will void the warranty and then be out like 20K that does not sound fun to me.
at some point you have to think of the odds/likelyhood that would happen.... I'd say pretty low considering all the people on here that have had headers installed and no one with that situation on here complaining about it....
I also don't see how headers could "mess up" the engine and cause a voided engine warranty....
Old 05-02-12, 04:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,343 Posts

The only warranty you could void is emissions and you've already voided that with the JoeZ exhaust, so IMO, you have no excuse Do It

Lou
Old 05-02-12, 04:19 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
at some point you have to think of the odds/likelyhood that would happen.... I'd say pretty low considering all the people on here that have had headers installed and no one with that situation on here complaining about it....
I also don't see how headers could "mess up" the engine and cause a voided engine warranty....
That is true and I think i will do it sometime soon maybe in the next 6 months or so.

The only warranty you could void is emissions and you've already voided that with the JoeZ exhaust, so IMO, you have no excuse Do It

Lou
Also would you guys mind looking at my metallic clicking thread and tell me what you all think it could be.
Old 05-03-12, 08:48 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Im going to be performing the test as soon as mine come in the mail.
Nice, I'll be expecting result soon...
Old 05-07-12, 09:51 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 81 Posts

So after driving around on one full tank for a week, I'm not impressed. No increase in gas mileage and minimal to no performance gains (that I could feel...waiting for other "real" tests to be done by others on this board). At the very most, it probably does what its supposed to do... bring air into the snorkel that goes directly into the air filter box. I'm just glad I didn't shell out a ton of cash for this "mod".
Old 05-07-12, 09:58 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
So after driving around on one full tank for a week, I'm not impressed. No increase in gas mileage and minimal to no performance gains (that I could feel...waiting for other "real" tests to be done by others on this board). At the very most, it probably does what its supposed to do... bring air into the snorkel that goes directly into the air filter box. I'm just glad I didn't shell out a ton of cash for this "mod".
You could have most likely improved your gas mileage just as much with a quality set of forged aluminum lug nuts
Old 05-09-12, 12:55 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FOVFR421

Hey guys,

We're going to be performing this type of tests on our shop car as soon as our equipment gets in.

we'll post up the results as we get them.

thanks,
VJ

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review