IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rmi scoops review

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-12, 08:15 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I went with the black ones and glad I did....its barely noticeable unless you're trying to look behind the grill. Then the only thing you see are the ISS Forged stickers.
the first thing i did was peel off those stickers before the install lol
Old 05-30-12, 05:28 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine are getting delivered this morning. Looking forward to installing.
Old 05-30-12, 08:41 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're finally getting them Jim! I know this while ordeal has been more of a hassle than it should've been in regards to customer service
Old 05-30-12, 11:17 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meangene4
I agree with cayman and that's why I opted for the black finish. I know some ppl chose blue because it stands out behind the grill but it just seems a bit flashy imo
It's really not that flashy. With my custom grille you can see them more but with the stock grille I think it would be pretty hard to see them. I also got them to match my blue fog lights and everyone I have talked to has said they really like the contrast. The car seems a bit dull in the front stock but I really like the look of mine now. The only thing I need is a front lip.
Old 05-30-12, 01:04 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Delivered at 2:26. Waiting for me on my front porch. :-)
Old 05-30-12, 06:43 PM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scoops

OK I just got mine today and was really loking forward to doing the install. I got home and took the cover off the radiator area and removed both horns. The passenger side went on ok but I have stared at the other side for over an hour and cannot figure out how to install the drivers side scoop!! I mean you have got to be kidding me! This was going to be so simple....
When you match the drivers side bolt hole with the horn bolt nothing else lines up. In fact nothing lines up at any bolt hole on that side. The latch for the hood is in the way etc etc etc. So can someone please post some very specific pics of the bolt holes and exactly how to do the horn. I reversed the direction of the horns and that didn't work either.I have seen the pics of how they are pretty equally balanced when you look through the grill but believe me you will have to be a magician to line bolt holes on the drivers side. I can't believe this is hard for me to do. Are the bolt patterns different on each scoop? Mine are the same.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 05-30-12, 06:47 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Does one of yours not have a slot for the latch? Your scoops should not look identical
Old 05-30-12, 07:03 PM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No ......I think we just found the problem. They are exactly alike......thanks for the input. I will get with them and have another one sent out. I was really starting to doubt myself there and believe me I have tackled much more challenging projects than this haaaa.
Well........wasn't that refreshing?
Old 05-30-12, 09:24 PM
96817isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would go with the blue since it would kinda match the rims i have on my car...and if i dont' like it i can' always paint it myself ..lol but i can't seem to find it on the issforged page maybe its just me..lol someone pls help
Old 05-30-12, 09:30 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Pm janoy. He goes by the name fitment factory. Either that or just give issforged a call. Hope that helps
Old 05-31-12, 03:45 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i love how this thread is called rmi scoop review
and there isn't really any reviews
no number reviews. just talk about getting them done;(
Old 05-31-12, 05:51 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hahahaf
Ill be getting my car back today with new headers and exhaust so it will be soon. The weather isnt looking so good, but ill try for saturday night.
Old 05-31-12, 06:09 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Originally Posted by vintage
No ......I think we just found the problem. They are exactly alike......thanks for the input. I will get with them and have another one sent out. I was really starting to doubt myself there and believe me I have tackled much more challenging projects than this haaaa.
Well........wasn't that refreshing?
Considering how this whole process has played out, your experience comes as no surprise. Good luck getting the correct scoop by Christmas. These guys cannot answer an email, reply to a post, or follow up on their own statements to save their lives.

I know this "mod" is not high-tech (just a bit more difficult than the Joe-Z intake, which is not), but I was completely baffled that this company sells you a product to install on your vehicle and then DOES NOT EVEN PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS!!! I was part of the 3rd batch that was made after owners had commented on the grounding issues, and still they fail to add instructions for future buyers. How sad is it that installing instructions had to be provided via a YouTube video FROM A CUSTOMER??

Originally Posted by hahahaf
It's a joke...
This manufacturer stated back in January that they would be running tests and would post results. Multiple requests have been made for any kind of follow up, and they have not responded in any form or fashion.
Link to January post/claim: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ncrease-3.html
Old 05-31-12, 07:00 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Considering how this whole process has played out, your experience comes as no surprise. Good luck getting the correct scoop by Christmas. These guys cannot answer an email, reply to a post, or follow up on their own statements to save their lives.

I know this "mod" is not high-tech (just a bit more difficult than the Joe-Z intake, which is not), but I was completely baffled that this company sells you a product to install on your vehicle and then DOES NOT EVEN PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS!!! I was part of the 3rd batch that was made after owners had commented on the grounding issues, and still they fail to add instructions for future buyers. How sad is it that installing instructions had to be provided via a YouTube video FROM A CUSTOMER??

It's a joke...
This manufacturer stated back in January that they would be running tests and would post results. Multiple requests have been made for any kind of follow up, and they have not responded in any form or fashion.
Link to January post/claim: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ncrease-3.html
Ya but what about their "titanium tipped lookalike" exhaust?.... oops another sore subject...
There is simply NO EXCUSE for POOR customer service. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone takes my money and offers no help afterwords!
Old 05-31-12, 07:09 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ming15237
Ya but what about their "titanium tipped lookalike" exhaust?.... oops another sore subject...
There is simply NO EXCUSE for POOR customer service. Nothing pisses me off more than when someone takes my money and offers no help afterwords!
I like their solution of having the customer paint it...

Quick Reply: Rmi scoops review