IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

SOCAL IS F Idyllwild Canyon Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-12, 10:33 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default SOCAL IS F Idyllwild Canyon Cruise

So...we're trying to think of a few things...

Date: May 20th, 2012
Time: 9:00AM in Corona >>> Meet Here 1st, BAKERS DOZEN'S DONUT SHOP, 325 South Main Street, Corona, CA
Cruise Map PLEASE VIEW THE MAP FOR THE UPDATED ROUTE!!!!!!! UPDATED 5.11.12

1. Just F Me, Tommy
2. blitz_714, Kody
3. Apexsports, Brian
4. scrosby, Shane
5. wsMB, Jimmy
6. 2ndGF, Gil

Please look at the map to get an idea of the route.

Apexsports (Brian), gonna need your thoughts on this one too since you know the Idyllwild highway area.

Last edited by Just F Me; 05-15-12 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-07-12, 10:41 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Let's roll
Old 05-08-12, 12:15 AM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol I was just working on our itinerary based on hitting the roads I know we'll want to hit. Going back to Corona without covering 243 N to Banning would miss the best part of the drive. Going karting sounds great to me but what about seeing if there's a K1 or Pole Position in the Palm Springs area (I'm sure there is somewhere on Hwy 111) that we can hit after our 59.7 miles from Hemet to Palm Springs?

We could then kart, grab a bite to eat (or wait to eat up in Idyllwild) and head back on the 74 W. to go 243 N to Idyllwild for some phote Ops, and regrouping, or eating. Then continue down 243 N. into Banning and the 10 fwy for splitting off. That's what I had anyway.

I'm thinking after your initial meeting in Corona we can meet at 43350 E. Florida Ave Hemet, CA 92544 to meetup (for those in the San Diego/Temecula area.) It's the Carls Jr parking lot at the corner of New Chicago Ave and Florida Ave in Hemet. Theres plenty of room to park and it sits right by the base of the mountain.

From Carls Jr we would take a left onto E. Florida Ave which becomes State Hwy 74 E. in 2 miles. We'll be on State Hwy 74 E. for 59.7 miles. On the way, there's a bunch of good spots for us to stop for photo ops and to regroup. No gas services though for those 59.7 miles.

Hwy 74 E. dumps us into the Palm Springs/Cathegral City area. We can then regroup someplace for karting? If we decide to do it this way, we would then hop back on 74 W. to 243 N. into Idyllwild. Its a pretty cool town at the top of the mountain with a lot going on during the weekends. It also has killer restaurants. Maybe we could eat there instead of eating after go-karts in Palm Springs. Whatever you guys wanna do.

In Idyllwild we could do some photo ops and I'm sure draw some crowds in checking out the F's lol. When we leave Idyllwild we'd continue on 243 N. into Banning as the final leg and to split off to the 10 fwy.

Let me know your thoughts...

Last edited by Apexsports; 05-08-12 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-08-12, 12:26 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds good to me, yeah we could stop and recharged those important human batteries lolz. Got to rehydrate with Gatorate and protein bars so stock up . At the end of the day run we then can get some real foods.
Old 05-08-12, 08:57 AM
scrosby
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in
Old 05-08-12, 09:51 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you guys think a start/end time will be? Im off Friday and Saturday but work Sunday at 6pm. I wanted to do the last cruise with you guys, but ran into the same problem, work on Sunday.
Old 05-08-12, 09:54 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just looked at the map and saw that there is the turn around in Banning near the 10 fwry. If you guys are planning on being at that spot around 1pm then I can break off there and head out, so hopefully you guys start early.
Old 05-08-12, 10:13 AM
wsMB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im down for another "cruise"
Old 05-08-12, 05:30 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Cool...glad you guys can make it.

Not sure what the start time will be but I do believe in a majority vote rather than 1 person calling all of the shots. IMO we should set this up (start time/event route) based on what's going to work best for the most of us.
Old 05-08-12, 07:58 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Apexsports
Not sure what the start time will be but I do believe in a majority vote rather than 1 person calling all of the shots.
Brian...I call the shots LOL
Old 05-08-12, 08:02 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Apexsports
lol I was just working on our itinerary based on hitting the roads I know we'll want to hit. Going back to Corona without covering 243 N to Banning would miss the best part of the drive. Going karting sounds great to me but what about seeing if there's a K1 or Pole Position in the Palm Springs area (I'm sure there is somewhere on Hwy 111) that we can hit after our 59.7 miles from Hemet to Palm Springs?

We could then kart, grab a bite to eat (or wait to eat up in Idyllwild) and head back on the 74 W. to go 243 N to Idyllwild for some phote Ops, and regrouping, or eating. Then continue down 243 N. into Banning and the 10 fwy for splitting off. That's what I had anyway.

I'm thinking after your initial meeting in Corona we can meet at 43350 E. Florida Ave Hemet, CA 92544 to meetup (for those in the San Diego/Temecula area.) It's the Carls Jr parking lot at the corner of New Chicago Ave and Florida Ave in Hemet. Theres plenty of room to park and it sits right by the base of the mountain.

From Carls Jr we would take a left onto E. Florida Ave which becomes State Hwy 74 E. in 2 miles. We'll be on State Hwy 74 E. for 59.7 miles. On the way, there's a bunch of good spots for us to stop for photo ops and to regroup. No gas services though for those 59.7 miles.

Hwy 74 E. dumps us into the Palm Springs/Cathegral City area. We can then regroup someplace for karting? If we decide to do it this way, we would then hop back on 74 W. to 243 N. into Idyllwild. Its a pretty cool town at the top of the mountain with a lot going on during the weekends. It also has killer restaurants. Maybe we could eat there instead of eating after go-karts in Palm Springs. Whatever you guys wanna do.

In Idyllwild we could do some photo ops and I'm sure draw some crowds in checking out the F's lol. When we leave Idyllwild we'd continue on 243 N. into Banning as the final leg and to split off to the 10 fwy.

Let me know your thoughts...
Brian...please do a map on google maps...LOL. I'm confused...also...when you say down and up it confuses me...because you say go down to 234 N but down means going south and...and...and
Old 05-08-12, 09:34 PM
Apexsports
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Brian...I call the shots LOL
Lol the majority "should" call the shots.

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Brian...please do a map on google maps...LOL. I'm confused...also...when you say down and up it confuses me...because you say go down to 234 N but down means going south and...and...and
Sure, you would have to know the layout of the mountain to understand I guess. Basically, we would be taking 74 E. UP the mountain. Midway up the mountain, 74 E splits off to the right towards Palm Springs. At the split, 74 E continues on and then takes you DOWN the mountain on the Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Cathedral City side (this can be our 1st leg of the event).

After our activities in Palm Springs/Palm Desert (karting or whatever we all want to do) we then head back UP the same Hwy 74 but going West. retracing our steps is WELL worth it in this case as the road is so fun to drive. So on 74 W. we then go back to that split that I spoke of halfway up the mountain (it's called Mountain Center). We then cut over on 243 N. which continues to take you UP the mountain into Idyllwild. (this would be the 2nd leg of the event)

We would then hang there for a bit, turning that little town into a Lexus car show basically lol, and then continue 243 N. DOWN the mountain (on the opposite side of the mountain from the Palm Springs side of the mountian we were already on) for our 3rd leg of the run for everyone to split off to the 10 fwy.

Basically, this Mountain has 3 sides. The Hemet side (leg one) The Palm Spring/Palm Desert side (leg 2) and the Banning side (leg 3) with Idyllwild itself being at the very top of the mountian.

Let me know if the explanation and this map clarifies things. It's a dead simple route to follow when driving it but just sounds confusing I guess...

http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces...z=420&t=m&z=10

Last edited by Apexsports; 05-08-12 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-08-12, 10:22 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Apexsports suggested map

^^^ I think this is the route you want right ? Of course when we end at point F, that's where we all split off and everyone can head home?

Pizzeria Villagio <<<--here's where we can eat in Palm Desert

BTW, your map didn't work Brian

Last edited by Just F Me; 05-08-12 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-08-12, 10:35 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

I think if we meet in Corona at like by 9:30AM? It's about 90 miles of driving after that...that way we're in Palm Desert by noonish and can eat...no more waiting until 2pm to eat like last time! What do you guys think?
Old 05-08-12, 10:44 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Man what with the eating lolz. just get somethign light with you . prepared, protein bars, gatorate or energy drinks... cruising u want something light but fuel for your body lolz... just like track day.. and at the end of the day we can go for real foods. Steak or something .. no bbq at your place Tommy ? we all bring u something and let it chill and marinated. lolz

Quick Reply: SOCAL IS F Idyllwild Canyon Cruise