IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My speaker box - 15" Woofer in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-12, 07:55 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlos
There's a few ISx50's that have put in head-units. I am not sure what term to search for, but if you're really interested, you could start looking in that section.
again, im really talking about people who have yanked out their factory TOUCHSCREEN navi for an aftermarket deck. Not those who bought the barebones model without it.

Originally Posted by carlos
Also, there's some JDM company that makes a trim kit that goes where the AC vents are. It's really freaking ugly.
Seems pretty silly to put a single-din aftermarket deck up top, with a really nice factory deck (probably one of the best out there) down below. It seems even more silly after you realize that you have to give up those vents in the process.

trust me, my middle name is "aftermarket" when it comes to car audio. I hate stock. The Lexus though, i have to make the first exception in my entire life. Its a good deck. The rest of the system is weak but the headunit itself is great.
Old 05-29-12, 08:05 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meade916
again, im really talking about people who have yanked out their factory TOUCHSCREEN navi for an aftermarket deck. Not those who bought the barebones model without it.
Oh my bad. Well, some people have put in an aftermarket head-unit AND kept the stock navi, if that piques your interest.

Seems pretty silly to put a single-din aftermarket deck up top, with a really nice factory deck (probably one of the best out there) down below. It seems even more silly after you realize that you have to give up those vents in the process.
Agreed, but the trim kit brings vents as well. It just looks retarded.

trust me, my middle name is "aftermarket" when it comes to car audio. I hate stock. The Lexus though, i have to make the first exception in my entire life. Its a good deck. The rest of the system is weak but the headunit itself is great.
I know who you are
Old 05-29-12, 09:22 AM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Didnt the 5axis guys use a pioneer headunit in their ISF? I remember seeing it a few years back when they used the car for the pioneer 2008-2009 catalog. They replaced the lower portion of the factory head unit nearest the ashtray. Didn't look super clean IMO but their trunk looked insane. They also didnt have the dope look NOS bottles haha

Did you upgrade the alternator or just use an isolator for the 3 extra batteries? I'm not even sure how big out alternators are... maybe like 120amps?
Old 05-29-12, 10:19 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

its snobbish why? because i didn't use enough smiley faces?
does that make you feel better? Sorry for hurting your feelings bro.

Show me one pic of one ISF with an aftermarket headunit. Curious to see where they put it. Glove box? lol, might as well keep the factory unit.....sounds extremely silly. The only way that doesn't sound ridiculous is if that person bought the ISF without the touchscreen/navi setup. I could buy your story then. Even if its true, lets see it, i am curious.
Well my installer had pics of it on his cell. He did the install, the new deck was located right below the Screen were the cd player is. I have no idea how cause I thought it was all one unit.
The guy who sold me my equipment also a isf owner was talking about replacing his. But IMO with a good sound processor you don't need to replace it.
I went with the Audison bit ten.
Old 05-29-12, 10:30 AM
chris6878
Advanced

http://www.fiberglassforums.com/buil...lexus-isf.html

Scroll down for pics f the pioneer hu
Old 05-29-12, 11:00 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chris6878
Well my installer had pics of it on his cell. He did the install, the new deck was located right below the Screen were the cd player is. I have no idea how cause I thought it was all one unit.
The guy who sold me my equipment also a isf owner was talking about replacing his. But IMO with a good sound processor you don't need to replace it.
I went with the Audison bit ten.
nice choice on the Bit 10

oh and that is a dope *** car, thanks for the link! Nicest trunk i have seen probably!! wow!

Also, that deck is one of Pioneers best so there are a few exceptions to the "Stock deck is better" theory That thing looks great, i love how they did it.

Last edited by meade916; 05-30-12 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-29-12, 11:29 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh man I hope they better not crush THAT car.... That's one of the sickest showcars I've ever seen and it would be a crime against humanity to crush that....

(Sorry for the OT)

Last edited by IceIridium; 05-29-12 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-29-12, 03:38 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

so with all these changes is the factory warranty still working? Reason to ask is I was talking to a service adviser and he mentioned that the moment I touch the headers or add NOS kit I am on my own.
Old 05-29-12, 07:06 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by dinardalvi
so with all these changes is the factory warranty still working? Reason to ask is I was talking to a service adviser and he mentioned that the moment I touch the headers or add NOS kit I am on my own.
I get most of my work done at Lexus. I even started my audio build at a shop they recommended. I haven't had any issues regarding warranty. I've done headers exhaust and intake....but nos that another ball game
Old 05-29-12, 07:08 PM
chris6878
Advanced

nice choice on the Bit 10

oh and that is a dope *** car, thanks for the link! Nicest trunk i have seen probably!! wow!

Also, that deck is one of Pioneers best so there are a few exceptions to the "Stock deck is better" theory That thing looks great, i love how they did it.

Yea that deck is sweet. It eliminates the need for sound processors. Awesome eq built in
Old 05-31-12, 08:01 PM
meade916
Lead Lap

i still have side panels to build. The openings will have plugs for them that i can use to cover them to make everything in the trunk hide......unless i want it to be seen. I won't have a LOT of trunk when i am done but i will still have SOME. I guess if i go somewhere far, i will put the spare in a bag and put it in the back seat. In 20yrs i have'nt had a car with a spare that didn't ride in the back seat due to my need for sound. Its who i am, i make no excuses.
Old 05-31-12, 09:37 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG that car is pure sex!!!

Great progress so far Steve
Old 06-01-12, 05:37 AM
chris6878
Advanced

i still have side panels to build. The openings will have plugs for them that i can use to cover them to make everything in the trunk hide......unless i want it to be seen. I won't have a LOT of trunk when i am done but i will still have SOME. I guess if i go somewhere far, i will put the spare in a bag and put it in the back seat. In 20yrs i have'nt had a car with a spare that didn't ride in the back seat due to my need for sound. Its who i am, i make no excuses.
Lol everytime I hit the road I'm scared that I'll blow a tire just because I don't have my spare. I'll probably start riding with my spare until I move my amp.

Will u doing any color or just keep the wood?

Did u only dynamat the trunk?
Old 06-01-12, 06:13 AM
meade916
Lead Lap

Will u doing any color or just keep the wood?

Old 06-01-12, 06:43 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

steve once again you represent like a BOSS!!! ugh(in my rick ross voice) lmao

Quick Reply: My speaker box - 15" Woofer in trunk