IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New Dyno runs with Borla Catback & Toms Filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-12, 03:36 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah but the ISS track exhaust removes the secondary cats which explains the power jump. If the borla does the same then its somewhat comparable.
Old 05-22-12, 03:41 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JBFGS300
Could not tell you did not dyno previous to install but i have another ISF that is stock maybe i will stick that on there and see what it does. Im sure there will be other ISFs to dyno here from S.FL after there header installs so will get more numbers up soon.
Great Numbers and thanks for the post. Im going to be using the same dyno when my car is ready. My car has been on their dyno before and I believe it was very accurate based on the setup I had.
Old 05-22-12, 04:02 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes or i will start another post. I will be returning to same dyno but a few days from now obviously weather can change affecting the results but will see what she can do at least dyno will be same one.
I think it would be most beneficial to keep all your runs in this one thread. When you are ready I'll just update the title of your thread.

Those numbers look very strong and you certainly made it clear with your results just how sensitive this car is to heat. I look forward to your post header results.
Old 05-22-12, 04:02 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Great Numbers and thanks for the post. Im going to be using the same dyno when my car is ready. My car has been on their dyno before and I believe it was very accurate based on the setup I had.
Sounds good let me know I know the owner Nemo personally we could get a few of us together. Also who is doing your install for your Sikkys PM me if you would rather respond that way.
Justin
Old 05-22-12, 04:03 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by clifftrail
Yeah but the ISS track exhaust removes the secondary cats which explains the power jump. If the borla does the same then its somewhat comparable.
The answer is yes the borla Catback not "axle back" does remove the secondary downstream cats.
Old 05-22-12, 04:15 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts

I apologize, I must have not followed the thread correctly.

What was your bone stock dyno? (From previous threads these cars dyno around 330/340rwhp)

Then your final numbers were almost 391rwhp, is that correct?
Old 05-22-12, 04:23 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
I apologize, I must have not followed the thread correctly.

What was your bone stock dyno? (From previous threads these cars dyno around 330/340rwhp)

Then your final numbers were almost 391rwhp, is that correct?
Never got to dyno the car stock was not even going to dyno or mod this car originally. So no stock dyno for me but maybe MrSlay can chime in with what mods he had and what numbers he put down on this dyno.
Old 05-22-12, 04:31 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are some insanely nice #'s, props
Old 05-22-12, 05:35 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow FYI for All...

So in other words.. Your real world numbers are much closer to DYNO RUN #4...
Your TQ numbers look all in line from run to run..

To be very honest with you .. "Cooling Down Engine" before Dyno runs is a great way to see what max RWHP you can yeild.. On the Dyno...

But in reality, the motor, trans, fluids, etc etc are NOT running at normal operating temps...

AMHIK..

Either way, nice runs and thank you for sharing..

~ Joe Z
Old 05-22-12, 05:40 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

awesome number with just a cat back and a intake..
Old 05-22-12, 08:31 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Yes and no I would say everything is at operating temperature since I did 4 passes to 175mph all within 15 minutes except I'm cooling the radiator down for 10 minutes to achieve the best numbers, but also if it was 40 degrees here not 90 and humid I would not have these issues. We are thinking to try putting in a cooler thermostat and run a different coolant mixture with water wetter to see if we can correct this problem of retarding timing after 5200rpms. It's very strange cause when it's cooled for 10min it feels as of it hits another power band @5200 vs falling flat and dull when it's not.

Originally Posted by Joe Z
So in other words.. Your real world numbers are much closer to DYNO RUN #4...
Your TQ numbers look all in line from run to run..

To be very honest with you .. "Cooling Down Engine" before Dyno runs is a great way to see what max RWHP you can yeild.. On the Dyno...

But in reality, the motor, trans, fluids, etc etc are NOT running at normal operating temps...

AMHIK..

Either way, nice runs and thank you for sharing..

~ Joe Z
Old 05-22-12, 08:40 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I wonder if your on to something with the better cooling... the ISF seems very sensitive to temperature, I would think it has more to do with intake temps rather then coolant temps. I bet the coolant temps aren't changing THAT much given adequate fans.
Old 05-22-12, 09:55 PM
JBFGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I wonder if your on to something with the better cooling... the ISF seems very sensitive to temperature, I would think it has more to do with intake temps rather then coolant temps. I bet the coolant temps aren't changing THAT much given adequate fans.
Yeah I think your right wish I knew what was making it trigger this. Maybe relocation of IAT don't even know where it is on of it can be done on this car need to do some research.
Old 05-23-12, 04:24 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Sounds good let me know I know the owner Nemo personally we could get a few of us together. Also who is doing your install for your Sikkys PM me if you would rather respond that way.
Justin
Probably going to take advantage of the JM offer. Car should be ready by mid june so im hoping they have enough experience to do a good job by then. Ill give you a call later today btw.
Old 05-23-12, 07:09 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my 08 ISF on that dyno twice, IIRC it made (SAE corrected and smoothing set to 5) 349 WHP stock. I'm planning to be there again once I get my PPE headers installed, probably mid June. BTW, I work a couple of blocks away from Rage Tek on Nova Drive.

Quick Reply: New Dyno runs with Borla Catback & Toms Filter