IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Never have I EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-12, 08:05 AM
t4orce
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend with a C63 and another with an e92 m3. We should probably do a YouTube 3 way review. There's a huge amount of respect for each others cars. The 63 sounds meaner all the time, the m3 seems more focused, the isf has more torque and sips fuel on the daily grind. There's good and bad for each car.

I do laugh when I see ppls faces in the rear view mirror pointing out the quad tips of my car. There was a guy behind me today who made his passengers at the back lean forward for a closer look. Not sure if they were laughing or admiring but heck who cares it stands out and I love it.
Old 05-27-12, 08:35 AM
Noojiin
Driver School Candidate

With any car you have people will always have there suggestion on what car you should get. It's simple just tell them my money my car.
Old 05-27-12, 08:50 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFJames
100% of the time, they cant afford either car. I had the same thing happen. turns out the dude can't afford both. drives an old *** camry. Just pure hate and ignorance.
Lol I had a "friend" who was hating the moment he heard I bought the car. The first words out of his mouth were "your car ain't nothing but an over priced toyota". Well that guy drives a Camry, is 30 years old, and lives at home with his dad still. I later found out that he was banging one of my EX girlfriends. Not a true friend at all. What Im getting at here is that we drive awesome cars and the people who talk s*** are just weak minded feeble individuals so pay no attention to it. My absolute best friend in the world loves my car and we take it anywhere we go...
Old 05-27-12, 09:59 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

~ Joe Z
Old 05-27-12, 10:02 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

Old 05-27-12, 10:06 AM
Aznxgqboyx
Driver School Candidate

Damn some of you guys have real bad haters, but that just mean we're doing something right
Old 05-27-12, 10:18 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Default Haters gonna hate

alright here come the hater pics!!!

Last edited by 2ndGF; 05-27-12 at 10:21 AM. Reason: fo mo funny
Old 05-27-12, 10:58 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man I've never ran into any hate. All I get is compliments. Man your car looks sleek. What kinda car is that. Wow I've never seen an isf in person.
I ride past and see people taking pics. I've even ran into m3 owners who were in awe.
Old 05-27-12, 11:43 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get the opposite for the most part--especially from folks who know the F is an exotic under the hood.

The car thrills and puts a smile on every driver's face at revs above 4k and in the M mode.

At times folks will find it hard to love a beast--until they know (and drive) it.
Old 05-27-12, 12:01 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of my friends prefer the IS-F to its rivals.
Old 05-27-12, 12:19 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All my peeps love my car

I get thumbs up all the time in the street
Old 05-27-12, 12:22 PM
MMCRacing
Driver School Candidate

Didn't you know you bought a rebadged Toyota and paid double for it?

A common GT-R hater comment was "why didn't you just buy a 370z, TT it, and pocket the extra 25K"

If only it was that simple.
Old 05-27-12, 12:31 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm not quite sure why it would bother us owners. It's not their ride, so why should it matter to them? Our cars aren't the fastest. They aren't the most expensive (I'm guessing some people think having the best means paying the most for it). And they're not easily tuned. I get some mad hate from rival car owners and brands.People have said that I am a fake because my car has fake exhaust tips. They've said I own "an expensive soda can for a car" and tell me "don't bother cleaning aluminum since it gets recycled anyway and they don't pay you extra if it's shiny." And they've said that I'm rockin' a "luxury ricer." I would not be surprised if these are the same people who probably are spoiled brats who get gifts from Mommy and Daddy for amounting to nothing more than being their self-loathing, narcissistic selves. Let them talk. It's much harder to talk without an audience to listen. There's no need for retaliation on my part, whether it be verbal or physical. Why would I waste my energy and time dealing with people like that? They want to incite some sort of retaliation, to try to get under your skin and make themselves feel superior to you. You come out on top if you DON'T retaliate.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. -Dale Carnegie
Old 05-27-12, 01:11 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Doesn't a true car enthusiast appreciate all makes and models for what they are? Maybe it is just me but I don't compare any car to mine when I see it as I really don't give a rats a$$ but I can certainly appreciate each car for what it is and what it has to offer. Not sure why things turn ugly as it makes no sense to me.

If someone would give me a line of crap about why I have an IS F compared to another, conversation over....
Old 05-28-12, 09:06 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Quick Reply: Never have I EVER!