IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CL! Please read and help me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 09:12 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So how was the timeline?

16yr-old kid gets a Silverado >>> kid starts moding his dad's ISF >>> kid lists daddy's ISF on his CL signature >>> daddy gives his ISF to kid >>> kid gets ISF t-boned >>> kid looks for help in CL because he's too young to get a loaner and parents work during rental service time (BTW, what do you do during those times? Do you work?)

I'd say go back to the Silverado, it's safer... and let your parents take care of the ISF.
Old 05-30-12, 09:36 AM
mikelexF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol come guys leave the kid alone, he just needs some guidance...

I guess a good question would be

Who did the repairs?? If Lexus did the repairs they will stand by their work..

next question, exactly what was damaged and was the frame involved?
Old 05-30-12, 10:54 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Most auto collision shops warrant their work. Take it to them first. Lexus scond
Old 05-30-12, 11:25 AM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Most auto collision shops warrant their work. Take it to them first. Lexus scond
well if they didn't do it right the first time, I wouldn't think they will do it right the second time. I would get some one fresh minded and experience to look at the car and have that person give opinion first before bringing it back to the shop.
Old 05-30-12, 12:52 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Oh god we have a bunch of spoiled kids in here....

No disrespect to the spoiled ones but if they really bought cars themselves they wouldn't be LOLing throughout the repair process.

Since you got the car for free, what avgj0F said.....trade it in.... for a Lambo though
I want to start off by saying I am 17 years old. My parents bought me an ISF when I was 16 as my first car. Yes Yes Yes I know wow what a spoiled little brat.

When I am getting my F worked on I always make sure i take it to the same lexus tech. He's a really great guy and has taught me a lot about the F plus I know they people that own the dealership so that also helps. I normally go in by myself and they always seem to be pretty fair to me.

The clicking sound you are having sounds to me a lot like when I bent a hub and bearing. My car has never had an accident its just from launching. A few members on her have had this problem. It happens when you power load the car. I would take it into your dealership and see what they say about it.

Good luck.

On the other hand,

I love cars, its my passion so having an ISF as first car is a dream come true. However, being 17 I do get a lot of hate when i take my car to shows. I am a very respectful kid that just likes cars and was lucky enough to be handed a beautiful car.

I would appreciate if people would stop hating on us younger F owners. Just because we are fortunate enough to own a car does not mean we are spoiled. If your family loves cars like mine does and your family could afford getting your child ( Im top in my class and a tennis play ) an F I'm sure a lot of you would do it. I know having so much power at first was extremely tempting, but not all 16 year old kids are irresponsible.

Remember we are all on here because we share at least one thing in common. We all like cars. So can't we all just get along.
Old 05-30-12, 02:27 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^Actually no, I would not buy my kids a car, let alone one that is 416hp. My parents once told me, a car is like a weapon. You need to be smart and mature to use it, or else you can harm others and even yourself. I grew up in a financially stable household but at 24 I'm probably one of the younger owners on here who has earned the car himself...and I wouldn't want it any other way. For how long are you going to depend on mommy and daddy to fund your desires? There has to be a time where you learn the value of money.

Don't call us haters. For those that have worked hard to buy the ISF on our own, we all know the value of money and the hard work it takes to pay for our own things.
Old 05-30-12, 02:27 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by zapa
I want to start off by saying I am 17 years old. My parents bought me an ISF when I was 16 as my first car. Yes Yes Yes I know wow what a spoiled little brat.

When I am getting my F worked on I always make sure i take it to the same lexus tech. He's a really great guy and has taught me a lot about the F plus I know they people that own the dealership so that also helps. I normally go in by myself and they always seem to be pretty fair to me.

The clicking sound you are having sounds to me a lot like when I bent a hub and bearing. My car has never had an accident its just from launching. A few members on her have had this problem. It happens when you power load the car. I would take it into your dealership and see what they say about it.

Good luck.

On the other hand,

I love cars, its my passion so having an ISF as first car is a dream come true. However, being 17 I do get a lot of hate when i take my car to shows. I am a very respectful kid that just likes cars and was lucky enough to be handed a beautiful car.

I would appreciate if people would stop hating on us younger F owners. Just because we are fortunate enough to own a car does not mean we are spoiled. If your family loves cars like mine does and your family could afford getting your child ( Im top in my class and a tennis play ) an F I'm sure a lot of you would do it. I know having so much power at first was extremely tempting, but not all 16 year old kids are irresponsible.

Remember we are all on here because we share at least one thing in common. We all like cars. So can't we all just get along.
Haha, this is exactly how I am. Ever since I rode in my dads m3 when I was 7, my love of cars exploded and it expands every day still. I never asked for the car but my parents didnt mind handing it over since I get very good grades. I mean I see how forum members worked hard for their F, while I just got mine.
Old 05-30-12, 03:02 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I think it all depends on the kid. I have a clean driving record for a little over a year now. No tickets no accidents. I am a responsible kid and I work my butt off and my parents trust me with a car with 416 horses. I might not have a job and earn money but I do have an internship this summer doing research on algae biodiesel with one of the leading researchers on the subject that happens to be at a near by university.

For those of you that have earned your ISF much respect to you. However, if your parents were willing to hand you the keys to an ISF when you are 16 there is no way you would be like no I don't deserve it since i did not pay for it myself.

Before you call someone a brat and that they dont know the value of money please actually know the person you are talking to.

ps I'm jewish. I know the value of money.
Old 05-30-12, 03:27 PM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zapa

Good luck.

On the other hand,

Well said. Finally some helpful info for the OP too!

Haters gonna hate.. and yes, they are jealous haters.

I get these dumb asses always yelling stuff at meets to my friends and I too.. "must be nice to have daddy's car out"... My friends and I are almost 30 years old with mortgages and full time jobs for over 7 years! LOL So its not going to get better anytime soon, lot of haters out there. Jokes on them when I forget to tip them at the car wash!
Old 05-30-12, 03:39 PM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Lol I'd like to point out that OP started this thread to get advice, not to get flamed. I'm one of those younger F owners that had to earn my car, but no hate here. Being a certain age doesn't make you better able to drive and own a car more maturely. I know plenty of douches that are way older than this kid who drive recklessly and flaunt their rides like they're god's gift to earth. Take him for what he is..a fellow F owner who needs advice
Old 05-30-12, 04:03 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
Lol I'd like to point out that OP started this thread to get advice, not to get flamed. I'm one of those younger F owners that had to earn my car, but no hate here. Being a certain age doesn't make you better able to drive and own a car more maturely. I know plenty of douches that are way older than this kid who drive recklessly and flaunt their rides like they're god's gift to earth. Take him for what he is..a fellow F owner who needs advice
Thats exactly what I am trying to point out.

But to the OP ask about the hub and bearing, I'm pretty sure thats what you got going on here. The part has a few thousandths of an inch tolerance and if bent just the slightest amount will get you a clicking sound. If you read this thread you will get a lot more info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...axle-area.html
Old 05-30-12, 04:34 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn these guys must be mitt romneys grandsons. Lol
Old 05-30-12, 05:05 PM
psixtc
Pole Position

I hope you're able to get it worked out without too much of a hassle.

As far as the age goes. There's a HUGE difference in the maturity level across teens. It sounds like the younger ones on here are at the top. I see more adults on the road that need an @$$ kicking than teens in my area. Hell, I was driving a street legal car (Toyota Supra turbo) at the race track when I was 13. Age is just another number (unless it's with a girl, 18+ only!)
Old 05-30-12, 06:22 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Geez guys all this kid did was ask a freaken question...chill out and get the sand outta your va jay jays.

Its not like he made a COMPLETE ISF intake comparison review thread (just messen lol)
Old 05-30-12, 06:37 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ LOL, watch out, that thread was started by another kid.

Quick Reply: CL! Please read and help me!