IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CL! Please read and help me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 07:31 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts

orale, k no puedo esperar a irme a PROM con mi F!
Old 05-30-12, 07:46 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
orale, k no puedo esperar a irme a PROM con mi F!
damedecirte que si yo tenia un F en prom ..I would have showed up the the event con tres chamaquitas
Old 05-30-12, 07:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Guys lets keep this both on the original topic and in English please.
Old 05-31-12, 02:17 AM
RC5000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please Dear OP, elect to have ISF engine installed in Silverado
and link forum to build thread.

"Spoiled" comments aside, you're not doing it big enough
unless you do just this.

If you bring said Frankenstein build to East Coast, I will help you.

A good attorney can get the drivetrain warranty to convey...

I'm kidding, but best of luck with structural integrity and diminished value.
The $17k repair is mind bending. Sorry this has happened to you. I would be devastated.
Old 05-31-12, 08:08 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i have to give my input on this since i dont see how guys can hate sooooooooo much.

16 i had a supra
18 had a 3kgt vr4
19 had a evo
20 had a gti vr6
21 had a integra type argh rhd with built boost
21 had a 350z
21 had a civic gsr turbo
21 had a talon awd
22 had a supra again

23 -24 nothing

25 is-f

Most of those cars given by my parents, yes. But it has to do alot with how you are back. I was skipping achool and getting in trouble like every young kid does. Its nature, and its a learning process. So please quit bashing on the kid. He did not come in here askig for stupid advice. A simple question and guess what, he SEARCHED. Yes a car is like a weapon, have you also realized that a 18yr old kid can get a shotgun and not a 9mm? Cmon people think, some are lucky some are not. Ive worked hard for my f, and modding a car isnt cheap either, so help the kid, dont bash him.

Now, as for the help, get your bearings/axles checked, that could cause the problem with the clicking, the thumping noise is definately going to be a motor mount or tranny mount that is loose or damaged. Take an adult with you because they will tryto squeeze as muh as they can from you. If its related to the accidet, take it back and tell them they shouldtake care of it in a relaxed chill manner. Its not that they didnt fix it right the first time, but they may have missed something that was damaged and as you drove it and launched it it finally crapped out. Happens all the time.

Hope this helps, any questions feel free to pm me buddy. Good luck and stay sharp man, 16 and you got alot to learn and deal with. So just keep your head up son.....

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-31-12 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-31-12, 08:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets keep this both on the original topic and in English please.
Second reminder guys. Please be respectful to the OP and keep it on topic regarding his issue.
Old 05-31-12, 08:38 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave, this thread is so messed up that it'll take some time to clean it up, I admire your dedication to Club Lexus!

Back to the original topic: OP stated that his car is jerking back and forth a lot, and that this is happening after getting the car fixed from being t-boned. Assuming the metallic clicking noise or any other issue that may have been reported in here by other members is wrong, his car's problem is related to his accident. My advice would be to take it back to the place that fixed the car and have it re-checked.
Old 05-31-12, 10:51 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

As already said, take it back to the shop that did the repair from the accident. A LOT of things can go wrong when a car is T-boned. I personally think it is foolish of an insurance company not to total vehicles with this sort of damage considering all the "go-backs" they will have to get it right (if ever).
I agree, wheel bearings should be checked carefully.
Good luck to you.
Old 05-31-12, 12:11 PM
black08isf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
As already said, take it back to the shop that did the repair from the accident. A LOT of things can go wrong when a car is T-boned. I personally think it is foolish of an insurance company not to total vehicles with this sort of damage considering all the "go-backs" they will have to get it right (if ever).
I agree, wheel bearings should be checked carefully.
Good luck to you.
Well, if they only paying 17k vs 40+k. They would choose 17k anyday, also considering that not alot of people knows about cars. So the majority of the time, they just do that.
About bringing the car back to the shop. If you trust the shop is reputable, it would be fine. If not, as I said, have someone with experience to point out things that potential responsible for the issue first.
Old 05-31-12, 02:09 PM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by black08isf
Well, if they only paying 17k vs 40+k. They would choose 17k anyday, also considering that not alot of people knows about cars. So the majority of the time, they just do that.
About bringing the car back to the shop. If you trust the shop is reputable, it would be fine. If not, as I said, have someone with experience to point out things that potential responsible for the issue first.
Idk how insurance works in all states, but in texas when it comes to bi trucks, if its @ 30% of value, its totaled.
Old 05-31-12, 02:40 PM
dLad
Driver

aside from what was repaired from the accident, ask them to check the rear differential....i don't know what ur clicking sound is....but people have suggested something with a mount, axle, or a ben hub/bearing.....i agree to have all of that stuff checked, but also ask about the rear differential......and please let us know what the outcome is once all is resolved.

thanks, and i'm happy for anyone who has an F. I think it's one of the best cars ever built, definitely ahead of it's time as far as technology goes (fast shifting in combo with traction control)
Old 05-31-12, 02:40 PM
dLad
Driver

bent** hub/ bearing